TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

General For questions or discussions that do not fit elsewhere, post here. Please check all forum descriptions before posting here to be sure there is not a better location for your thread.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Perfume Making? - November 22nd 2009, 03:43 PM

Well as I said on my other thread I'm looking for a hobby. Well I think perfume making sounds really interesting but I can't find a lot of information about it. I search in google and just get links to sites that say 'perfume making made me $1000 a month' etc.

Also I can't find many recipes that I could use since a lot of them require alcohol and I'm not 18 yet so can't really buy any to use. Does anyone know a substitute you could use for alcohol?

Does anyone else on here make their own perfume/soap/candles/cosmetics?

Note for mods: I didn't add this to the other thread because it's likely people won't read it as they might skim over what I've written.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
tk338 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Perfume Making? - November 22nd 2009, 08:02 PM

If your going to be making $1000 a month you're going to need too sell a serious amount of perfume and have somewhere too supply it too.

I think to make your own soap and candles are easier I've heard of people making them at home...

Anyways not told you much interesting the reason I replied is to say/ask have you ever walked past a perfume factory? Even driven?? I'm not sure its something you'd want to make to be honest, its SO strongly scented and just stinks the whole area out... If you were going to make it you wouldn't smell pleasant at all unless you made it in tiiiny quantities...

How can one love themselves, when they love absolutely nothing?
Do something that is interesting. If it is not interesting, find out why it is not interesting.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Perfume Making? - November 22nd 2009, 11:03 PM

my gramma makes soap and lotions, etc. she uses all natural ingredients such as beeswax, coconut and marigold oil and some other things. i don't know about perfume, but she uses special sort of scents (they look like essential oils, but they're not) to perfume the lotions, etc. i might be able to get a few recipes for some of her things for you. she's got a few for lip balms, lotion, cream, soaps and i think bath fizzes. anything in particular you want?
and they don't stink up the place. haha

(#4 (permalink)) Old
LittleMiss Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Christine

Re: Perfume Making? - November 23rd 2009, 03:04 AM

Unfortunately, perfumes are made with things that evaporate quickly and the easiest thing to use is alcohol.

Making other scented items is much easier, perhaps try that out first?

Happy to talk about anything and everything.
Send me a message any time, my proverbial door is open

Laughter is the best medicine
Q: What's the difference between a surgeon and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Perfume Making? - November 24th 2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk338 View Post
If your going to be making $1000 a month you're going to need too sell a serious amount of perfume and have somewhere too supply it too.

I think to make your own soap and candles are easier I've heard of people making them at home...

Anyways not told you much interesting the reason I replied is to say/ask have you ever walked past a perfume factory? Even driven?? I'm not sure its something you'd want to make to be honest, its SO strongly scented and just stinks the whole area out... If you were going to make it you wouldn't smell pleasant at all unless you made it in tiiiny quantities...
I'd be using essential oils in the perfumes to make them smell so I assume that wouldn't make everything smell. Also I'd only be making a couple of bottles of each thing anyway.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lee Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Lee Awesome

Re: Perfume Making? - November 24th 2009, 08:51 AM

Have you seen this site?

http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/form_perfumes.html

If you're looking on google it will really depend on how you word your search. I used the following: how does one make non-alcoholic perfume

I'm guessing in regards to 'recipes' it may get to the point where you will need to make up your own through knowledge, or buy them.

Closed Thread