TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Recovery Stories Recovery can be a long and difficult path, and we may forget to rejoice in our accomplishments. Share your recovery stories here, from self harm, to drug, or alcohol addictions, and anything else you are proud of.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Chai. Offline
Nitwit Blubber Oddment Tweak ♥
I can't get enough

Name: Kav

EIGHT MONTHS! - August 31st 2015, 05:06 AM

At the beginning of this year, I was heavily dependent on alcohol, avoiding people, opting for online classes, unemployed and barely socializing. Today I am attending classes (though I still do have some online, but that's because I had no option ), I have two part time jobs and an internship, I am volunteering again and socializing with people and overall I have been a hundred times happier than I was when I started.

It's been eight months since I last cut and now the urges are a lot lesser and controllable. I am able to look at and use sharp objects without feeling the urge to hurt myself. No self harm- no guilt, no binges- no guilt, no alcohol- no guilt. I am a lot more happy with life. I am eating healthy, without worrying about relapsing and binging because no eating disorder thoughts. Most of all I am able to eat in public, something I'd avoid always. I am a lot more confident about myself and can actually look into a mirror and smile. Which for me is a great achievement!

I never really thought I'd come this far and I started off with a very negative attitude, feeling I was going to relapse somewhere in between. But here I am now, because "Screw what your mind tells you to do. Just do the opposite.It works!"

Now that I am done being proud of myself, I have to say I owe this to you guys. If I hadn't joined this site, I don't know where I would have been now. When I look back at the posts I made, I can't recognize myself. I have matured, I know what's good for me and I know that I always have someone on here to turn to incase I need it. Thank you so much for being there! Thank you for being so awesome! <3

"Being happy isn't about having everything in your life perfect. Maybe it is about stringing together all the little things."

Community Mentor | HelpLINK Access | LiveHelp Access | Forum Moderator

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount11

Edit avatar

Re: EIGHT MONTHS! - August 31st 2015, 05:55 AM

Kav, girl... I am so proud of you. This is amazing, simply amazing and I'm so happy for you, gosh. You are doing so, so well and how far you've made it takes strength.

That is so sweet of you to thank everyone on TeenHelp, but we want to thank you for being here. Stay on TeenHelp forever, promise? Sign a contract? I'll pay you? Nah, kidding but seriously, you've done so well and I'm pretty sure I can speak on behalf of TeenHelp that we're so proud of you and you've helped many yourself.

A huge congratulations to you, Kav. Keep up this great work and know we're here for you, always.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?
Outside, huh?

Name: Hollie

Re: EIGHT MONTHS! - August 31st 2015, 12:00 PM

Congratulations on getting this far. It really is something you should be proud of so keep up the good mood. It's things like that which will give you something to fight for, and you deserve to fight.

Keep it up and well done! I hope that you can post here again in the future with the same sort of pride.

❤ Nana ❤
1953-2016

As far as we can discern,
the sole purpose of human existence
is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being.
- Carl Jung

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: EIGHT MONTHS! - August 31st 2015, 12:41 PM

You have gotten so far and overcame so much, and I am so proud of you for everything you have accomplished! I know you can go far!

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: EIGHT MONTHS! - August 31st 2015, 06:32 PM

That is fantastic, Kav! We all go through dark times, but it seems you pulled yourself out fairly quickly and you also have gone above and beyond what you could have seeing as you have two jobs! I'm glad you're still volunteering on here, and I hope you're balancing everything alright! If you ever get too stressed and need to vent, feel free to PM me.

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: EIGHT MONTHS! - September 1st 2015, 09:23 AM

Kav, I'm speechless. What you achieved in 8 months is just absolutely amazing! You have turned your life around for the better, and it shows that all that hard work has paid off. You have every right to be proud of yourself and it's also really nice to see how TeenHelp was (and will always be) there for you. Big congratulations and hope that the positivity keeps flowing for you

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Manjima Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Manjima / Mon

Re: EIGHT MONTHS! - September 7th 2015, 02:31 PM

You have no idea how proud i am of you...reading this brought tears to my eyes...you inspire me so much...<3

(#8 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19

Edit avatar

Re: EIGHT MONTHS! - September 7th 2015, 04:54 PM

Kav, that is wonderful! Congratulations, keep it up! You are an amazing young lady who deserves what the world has to offer. Stand tall and be fearless! ♥

Closed Thread