TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Fucked my shit up - September 30th 2016, 09:19 AM

I'm usually not the type to "share" anymore... but I'm beginning to feel steamrolled.

I had a shit and stressful summer. Parents are either sick or abroad. We've got properties in 2 countries, and are selling all of them in one country (because of the EU break-up). Lots of legal bullshit, and dealing with some country-ass cretins who pick their nose with a straws and such, moving our land borders, stealing trees, stealing electricity, and the local authority no better either tbh a bunch of corrupt wankers. Then dealing with actually selling the stuff, seeing agents about it, and moving houses all at the same time.

At the same time as all that... university dissertation project. Which I have managed to finish. I was given an extended deadline because it was larger than most students' projects. At the same time, it's the final year of university, and the system here makes you take a massive "final exam" from every subject over the past 4 years. I've had inadequate time to prepare, because I'm a disorganised tosser on a good day... and with all the other shit thrown in it's been a hurricane.

To take the final exam, you must pass all the other subjects. I literally completely forgot about one of the subjects, and remembered I have a "surprise" project to complete two weeks ago, which is too late and would normally disqualify me from the exam. I assumed it's the case, and thought "fuck it", and come back next year to pass the exam, get a job in the meantime with my other degree. So I stopped learning for the exam about 2 weeks ago...

... and now 2 hours before the exam I'm told that I can sit it, and they're putting massive pressure on me to take it... just so the faculty admin people can tick all of their fucking boxes at the end of the school year. Although perhaps they were trying to do me a favor instead. I don't know those people well enough to tell if they're being nice, or being pricks and expecting some "favor" in return.

I'm not prepared. Not from all the subjects from the past 4 years. If I take it, I will fail, and you don't get a re-sit with this one. I've done nothing for it for the past 2 weeks since I knew I wouldn't be able to make it for the deadline, and focused instead of completing that jackass dickshit lame stupid project that raped me without me even knowing.

Now I'm hiding from faculty staff in the toilet with my laptop writing this, after swallowing 6 diarrhea inducing tablets 2 hours ago. I was going to say I got gastric flu and can't attend. Now I read the fucking label, and it says it's going to take 6 hours for the laxatives to kick in.

I've not felt this cornered for a long time.

Should I drink the toilet water, and hope I start throwing up in the corridors? Should I fake a fall down the stairs? Lol. Don't worry. The university campus is in a no traffic zone, so I'm not going to jump in front of a car.

And I'm not crazy enough to do any of those things, so that was a joke.

Fukc FUKC UFKC FUCK FUCKF UCK!1!

FUCK!!!

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Last edited by .:Bibliophile:.; October 2nd 2016 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Adding a strong language prefix

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Fucked my shit up - September 30th 2016, 11:33 AM

If you don't feel confident enough to take the exam then don't. If you can't re-sit it if you fail then you probably have reason to be nervous about taking it. If you need to just tell them you are sick and can't take the test. There's no real way for them to prove that you aren't sick.

Anyway, I hope things go okay for you and sorry I couldn't be all that helpful.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: Fucked my shit up - September 30th 2016, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Abibliophobe~ View Post
If you don't feel confident enough to take the exam then don't. If you can't re-sit it if you fail then you probably have reason to be nervous about taking it. If you need to just tell them you are sick and can't take the test. There's no real way for them to prove that you aren't sick.

Anyway, I hope things go okay for you and sorry I couldn't be all that helpful.
Yes. I figured it out. I actually just spoke with them like an adult, and moved the deadline 2 weeks. I've generally performed well with most subjects, and got a good enough reputation that they'd listen.

I wasn't exactly thinking straight 12 hours ago. I felt like I fucked too many things up on my end to warrant leniency on their behalf.

Now I'm waiting for the laxatives to wear off.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Closed Thread