TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Unhappy Full on panic mode - March 14th 2017, 02:20 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of substance use, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

So, I'm putting this here, because I'm not really sure where else it fits, but I really need to get this off my chest.

Yesterday two police officers and a social worker came to my house, because my 'sister' reported me to Child Protective Services claiming I cooked meth. Once they walked in, the SW (Social worker) told the police officers that this was clearly not a place where people cooked meth, and told them they could leave. The SW read me the report, and told me what was going on and told me she had to follow up just because the report was made. So she sat down and asked me a bunch of routine questions, and then gave me a paper stating everything we talked about.

Today, my husband and I have to go to a clinic for a routine drug test, which isn't a big deal, especially because they are wanting to test us for Meth use, HOWEVER, I do have THC in my system. I not only smoke every once and again, but I use CBD oil (Which is legal where I live, but pot isn't.) And CBD oil can cause trace amounts of THC to show up in your system. I'm still slightly worried about it. My husbands Dad, and my Dad, and my friend Ryan truly believes that they won't do anything about a trace amount of THC in my system, but I'm still a bit worried, as I'm sure most people would be.

We don't keep anything illegal in the house, nor do I smoke when Ava is around. I only smoke when she is staying the night with her Grandparents and we have a night off to do what we want. My husband doesn't smoke, nor does he use the CBD oil, so everyone also believes that will go along with my side of the story, that not only is it not in the house, but that I don't smoke around Ava, and that I only do it every so often.

I guess I'm still just a little shaken up by things. I don't know why my sister would have done something like this, but it isn't the first time. My family has done this to me before, claiming I hit my child. They had to do a full investigation and nothing came of it, other than a lot of wasted resources and time on my part, and on the states. I'm not really sure how to handle this. I'm just shaken up that we have to deal with all of this. It's also frustrating that my sister and I haven't been talking at all anyway. We just started talking again in the past little bit, and I've slowly been trying to find a way to forgive her for things in the past. Clearly we are back to square one, and I do not plan on letting her back in to my life after that one.

I dunno how to handle all of this. Normally when I would get anxious, I would smoke, or use my oil, but clearly now I'm not going to, because I don't want to put myself in a position where things could get worse. I'm also trying to cope with the fact that all of this because of my sister. We talked to the social worker, asking if there was any legal action that we could take to prevent this from happening in the future. If we wanted to 'officially' see who reported us, then we would have to go before a judge in court, and ask him to release the records so we can take official action. Also, if they reported and asked for it to be annon, then there is nothing we can do, and we would waste court time, and our time and have to pay court costs. So GO FIGURE.

I'm just in a panic, and I feel very upset and uncomfortable. :\ Thanks for letting me get this off my chest. Also, I did post this as triggering, because I was talking about drugs, so you know. Thanks!

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: Full on panic mode - March 15th 2017, 06:53 PM

Hey, Addy, it sucks your sister reported you for using. I use occasionally when I am anxious, but pot just became legal in my state. However, my sister (like you) is very vigilant about NOT allowing any smoke vapor (including remnants on clothes) around the baby. I don't know where you live, but could you apply for a medical license? I know it isn't what you're asking for here, but it's just a thought to avoid putting yourself in the same situation if your sister or anyone in your family puts you through this again.

I hope things work out in your favor. I know you are a wonderful mother and individual.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Full on panic mode - March 15th 2017, 08:08 PM

Just an update, my sister reported us for making Methamphetamine. Not smoking pot. While pot isn't legal in my state, I've considered trying to see what it takes to get a medical permit. Also, the drug tests came back negative for everything. I mean, I knew I wasn't using anything, but I was worried about the pot coming back positive on the test. Now we are waiting for the social worker to tell us what else to do.

My husband wants to take legal action, but that would require court costs and a lawyer. I'm not really sure we should waste our money on that, rather, we should just move. It may seem drastic, but I've been being harassed for years now and nothing is ever done about it. I think moving would be best for all of us.

Also, I just had a police officer come to my house not even 20 minutes ago, saying someone reported us for causing a disturbance outside of our home in our front lawn, which isn't true at all. I've not even been outside today, and Jordan left for work around 9 this morning. Who ever is doing this is really starting to bother me. I'm not only scared for my safety, but he safety of my daughter and husband, and it's emotionally draining. Even though there is no truth to what's happening, it does make my anxiety sky rocket, which sucks, because lately I've not had any problems with it. I even went to Comic con this last weekend and didn't panic about people or large crowds once.

I'm just not really sure what else to do. :\

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Full on panic mode - March 25th 2017, 09:51 PM

Hi Lawson,

I'm glad that your test results came back clean. I was going to ask if you had an update at all.

I do agree though that things can be nerve wracking even when you know that you haven't done anything wrong. It's sort of like crossing the border into a new country. You know you haven't done anything wrong, but it's still scary.

In my opinion, as you mentioned, pressing charges can be very expensive. I don't think it would be worth it. As you mentioned, it might be worth more to look for a new place to live. I hope you guys are feeling a bit better now!

Stay Strong,
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Full on panic mode - March 27th 2017, 02:47 PM

Thanks. My husband and I have started looking around for houses in locations we like. We've decided that we want to move by the end of the year/beginning of next year (we need time to get things in order) so hopefully that will help us out.

So far, my anxiety isn't getting any better. It's been getting worse. I have no idea what to do or how to handle it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Full on panic mode - March 28th 2017, 09:09 PM

Are you able to possibly take medication or try something like meditation or yoga?

stronger than you seem,

Forum & Chat Moderator

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Full on panic mode - March 29th 2017, 03:05 PM

Nope. I will never take medication for my anxiety again. I was on medication for 6 years and the only thing it did was screw my body up and make me feel horrid. Thanks for the advice though. I do exercise and I'm just thinking about diving right in to school and seeing if that helps me.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Re: Full on panic mode - March 29th 2017, 08:43 PM

It might, it might give you something else to think about.

stronger than you seem,

Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread