TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.
I've been here a while

Name: Violet

So mad - April 1st 2017, 07:35 PM

I'm really upset. Last summer I worked at a daycare and had to bring in documentations before I was allowed to work. One of those things were my birth certificate. Last summer I had also made a thread about opening a secret bank account and I remember saying it would be fishy if I needed my birth certificate be a use my dad usually keeps it with him. I ended up opening an online bank account as it didn't require showing a birth certificate abd I ended up taking photocopy of my birth certificate for the summe job. I havent see my birth certificate since then. I believe I gave it back to my dad but he says he doesnt have it. The money I earned last summer was in my old bank account, the one my dad is linked to so that was taken (I am trying not to blame him but he really did take it and nothing changes the fact that it is gone along with the other money that belonged to me) But I guess what I'm trying to say, is that I opened an online account and thought I can start fresh, when I work j can make a direct deposit and no one in my family has to know. But it has been several months and I still cannot find my birth certificate. I can't work without it.

I would order a new one but I wasn't born here in the US. I was born in France and j barely even speak the language, let alone i havent a clue who to contact. And on top of that, I have no money to spend if the birth certificate costs money. This is a disaster...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: So mad - April 5th 2017, 11:45 AM

You have every right to feel this way- I would too!

I'm not too sure but perhaps looking to find your nearest Embassy may be a good starting point in trying to get a new birth certificate. I'm not sure of the process or if they charge you for a new one, but at least you can always ask.

HelpLINK/Live Help Officer | Click here to volunteer

(#3 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: So mad - April 7th 2017, 06:37 PM

You need to contact your local French Embassy or Consulate. I'm sorry this has happened to you. I have a photo-copy of my birth certificate, my parents keep the original in a safe.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
I've been here a while

Re: So mad - April 9th 2017, 11:28 PM

I am holding off on contacting the embassy for now becsuse my dad says he will look for it and if he finds it, I can save $50 but I don't know if I can trust him to keep his word

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: So mad - April 10th 2017, 12:22 AM

I would go ahead and do it yourself. Don't count on your dad's words, you know the best how he is.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: So mad - April 19th 2017, 12:24 AM

Hey Susie,

I'm sorry that you're going through all of this. You definitely don't deserve it.

I lost my birth certificate a while ago, and I ended up having to get a new one. I just had to contact the government of Canada to get a new one.

I'm sure if you google something along the lines of "Obtaining a replacement France Birth Certificate", that it should come up with the way to get it? Also, most pages can be translated into English in case you're having trouble reading what it's saying. Or, my second language is French, so I could also try and help.

Keep us updated!
Brittany

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#7 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
I've been here a while

Re: So mad - April 25th 2017, 10:40 PM

My father finally looked for the birth certificate. He told me he found it! So this thread can be closed.

Closed Thread