TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
del677 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Just feel like griping and ranting a little - April 5th 2017, 07:00 AM

Just feel like griping and ranting. I had such a good day, yet, at the end of the day, I feel like I didn't have a good day.

Let's see, I went to my weekly job developer meeting, where we discussed all the jobs I applied for and they rejected me. (I should come up with a better term than "rejected". They "passed me over".) Anyway this being unemployed thing is a downer.

Then I had a great lunch and conversation with someone I met, which I suppose I should be happy about. I was happy at the time. But then we departed and I was sad again.

Then I go over to my sister's place to check on her. She lost her cell phone, and was very tired and distraught. I drove her to all the stores she went to the day before. One store said they didn't find any cell phone, but my sister had the bright idea of leaving them her phone number in case they found it. I reminded her that wouldn't do much good since she didn't have her cell phone!

Then we went to another store and low and behold they actually did have her cell phone! So we recovered her cell phone and she was so grateful!

Then we went and ate some food because she hadn't eaten all day, and I hoped that maybe some food would get her brain working again.

Then I took her back to her place.

And now I'm sad again.

Yea I know it doesn't make any sense. Even I can't figure out why I'm sad. It's just my natural state.

Well, thanks for letting me rant. I feel better now.

Except the battery in my clock appears to be in need of changing, as my clock is 20 minutes slow. I'll change it tomorrow.

Hmm, well it doesn't seem like such a bad day. Why then am I so sad? There's just like this big hole in my life. My life is not whole. I take care of others. No one takes care of me. I give my love to others. No one loves me.

I guess that's pretty simple then. No one loves me. Well, glad I figured that out! I guess now I can move on to something else.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Thinking Offline
Think, and solve problems!!
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ivan

Re: Just feel like griping and ranting a little - April 5th 2017, 04:09 PM

Hey my friend! I hope I can call you this!

First I might have made a few incorrect assumptions, so if I did please forgive me. Well you know you told me I might be inaccurate at guessing how others feel, but trust me that I did some research about you and I am trying not to make any false assumptions!

>> I went to my weekly job developer meeting, where we discussed all the jobs I applied for and they rejected me.

- First, I want to tell you that you are so much more worthy than many others think. I believe you also know that this is true. With all the qualifications you had there is no way you are worse than others. I want to assure you that you are definitely good enough to find a very good job. I can understand the distress you had when you were rejected. I totally understand this. It feels like you are unappreciated and others don't see your potentials. Its very depressing, I know. You might felt that they are right, and you might not be good enough. If you ever think this way, its okay, I will always be here to remind you the opposite. I imagine you are very inteligient. I am sure you know that in your rational thoughts. Sometimes your emotions is interrupting and makes you feel down, its okay, I will keep remind you this, that you are amazing and you have so much potential in you. Don't let those who dont understand you to make you down. They don't stand a place in you to make you down. There are people out there who appreciates you a lot! Don't give up!

>> I know it doesn't make any sense. Even I can't figure out why I'm sad. It's just my natural state.

- Its not your natural state. Its your depression that makes you think this way! You taught me that depression is something that can be fixed and cured. I want you to know that you don't naturally feel sad. You definitely not choose to be sad. You can be happier, and it takes time to heal. For this matter we are always here for you to rant and express yourself. I imagine you being very sad but trying not to tell others. I can tell, because this is one of your first rant post, and I sensed that you are trying to assure others that you are fine. We are all here for you. You are definitely not illogical if you rant your feelings here. You are human and your feelings are valid, no matter how illogical it can be! I personally is always free to talk, if you ever feel sad you can always tell me. Don't suffer in silience.

>> Well, thanks for letting me rant. I feel better now. Except the battery in my clock appears to be in need of changing, as my clock is 20 minutes slow. I'll change it tomorrow.

- This is the part that worries me. I really really hope you are feeling better. But if you are not, I hope you can talk to me. If you are sad, just say you are sad. We will never think you are illogical if you are sad. You don't have to hide it. We wish you can keep reaching out for help here. We are more than glad to help! Remember, your feelings are valid, and they screams to be ranted to others, not bottled up! I can tell from your other replies that you tend to avoid discussion about emotions. I can understand the dillemma, that feelings are illogical and stupid, that you might think feelings are something that you can ignore, that you can put it aside if you stray away from the topic. I also thought the same for years, but its not. If you are depressed, you have to face it, and you cant avoid it. This is why I hope you can acknowledge you feelings more, and tell us about it. You are an amazing person, you have helped so many other people with your very thoughtful advices. You definitely have a heart of gold, and try to slowly discover your own kindness!

>> No one loves me. Well, glad I figured that out! I guess now I can move on to something else.

- Once again I am very sorry to hear this. You are not unloved. You are not unheard. Every love you sent to others here, we all saw it. Especially for me, but I was too anxious to make friends with you. It takes me 3 replies from you to break that mental barrier. You helped me when I am in a difficult time. Now you must have been in the same situation, and I will try all I can to help you! And again, dont hide your feelings. I don't think you would want to move on to something else when you feel unloved. Like I said, these feelings dont go away if you do something else. Now I want to tell you that we care for you! Now that you have posted this, we had a chance to reply and give you help. Its perfectly okay sometimes to take a break and rant your problems here. We are glad to help! We want to be your friend! You don't have to suffer alone!

You are a great person. Sometimes you should also spend some time for your emotions too! Remember if you need someone to talk you can always count on me

Do my best at everything I can to live a happy, perfect life.

Happy life won't come by being happy everyday. Struggle and always work hard.

Forgive other's imperfection, they will work hard about it once I point it out to them, just like what I should be doing.

On the other hand, never tolerate with my own mediocrity. Never slack and always strive improvement.

Never settle. Never give up.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Thinking 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Just feel like griping and ranting a little - April 18th 2017, 11:10 PM

I know you posted this a while ago, but I've been meaning to reply! I just haven't had enough time lately.

I know what you mean by not having a job is a downer. I went a while without a job and it is definitely hard when you have no income and nothing to do with your life. I mean, yeah I currently work a lot of crappy hours, but I would rather work these hours then not have a job. I'm sure you will eventually get a job that you enjoy working at.

I'm glad you were so willing to help your sister to find her cell phone. I know how panicked she must have been without it. I'm sad that there are some people who make you sad when you're not with them anymore. Maybe if that's the case you can try and see them more? Try and find more time to hang with them and maybe it will help raise your mood.

A lot of people are still sad even though they have a lot of good things happening in their lives. I'm also sure people love you, it's just your mind telling you the opposite.

I do hope you start feeling better soon!

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread