TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

(#1 (permalink)) Old
realtimenow Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Please give advice - August 27th 2018, 04:28 AM

So for about 2 years now my father has been mad all the time. most of the time for no reason. i grew up and he was always fun but i feel bad for my youngest brother because he does not get to have that. and i am tired of basing my emotions around his mood. please help

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Everglow. Offline
Did you miss me?

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Hollie

Re: Please give advice - August 28th 2018, 07:15 PM

Hey there,

Sorry to hear your dad is mad a lot. Is it possible that he has some problems going on in his life that are the reason his emotions are more negative than they used to be? Anger can be a sign of many things and is often an outlet for other deeper things that the person may not want to talk about. Depending on how you feel about it, you could try chatting with him and asking him if he is ok. Alternatively, maybe you can have a word with someone else your dad is close to and see if they can talk to him about your concerns. This might help him relax a bit and give him a healthier way to vent his feelings without it being through anger.

It's a shame your brother doesn't get to have the same sort of experiences you had, but maybe you and your brother could spend some time together to make up for that? You don't have to take the place of your father, but it might help you and him to relax a bit yourselves if you can bond a little. Maybe you can even suggest your dad comes along if you feel like it. Are there any places you have really fond memories of your time with your dad? You could bring these up in a conversation and suggest that you take your younger brother there too so that they can share in the happiness you and your father found there.

Try and stay strong yourself too. Dealing with other peoples anger and emotions is hard because a lot of the time it can seem out of character and uncalled for, but try and keep as positive as you can. If you're ever upset about something, write it down or go for a walk to clear your head. Don't be worried if you have to excuse yourself from an upsetting situation. And of course, if you need a chat, you can always come by here and ask for support.

I hope you're doing ok. IF you ever need anything please feel free to send me a message.

A paradox:
The things you donít need to liveó
books, art, cinema, wine, and so onó
are the things you need to live

- Matt Haig

VM|PM

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I can't get enough

Name: Emma

Re: Please give advice - August 31st 2018, 08:28 PM

Hello,

Welcome to teenhelp It is wonderful that you have joined and we're able to tell us what you are going through right now. Great job for doing this.

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this right now and I hope that you will be alright soon. Would you be able to talk with you're dad about this and let him know how you are feeling? Or if you are having a hard time saying this to him face to face would you be able to write a letter and put everything in it that is happening and at the end of this ask him to talk with you.

Or if you are in school would you be able to talk to someone a teacher or someone else a coach or the school counselor and let them know that this is happening and that you need some help with this. And after you have talked with them about this you couldn't ask them if they can help you talk with you're dad about this. I am so sorry that this is happening to you and you're brother.

Do you have any other family members that you are able to talk with and tell them about this. You can try talking with the school counselor and ask if they have any information on this and see if you are able to get him some help with what he is going through.

I hope that all of you are going to be okay soon and that you are able to talk to someone and they are able to help you out.

Senior HelpLINK Mentor, Forum Moderator, Article Writer and Resource Editor. PM/VM

ďDance is your pulse, your heartbeat, your breathing.
Itís the rhythm of your life.
Itís the expression in time and movement,
in happiness, joy, sadness and envy.
-Jacques díAmbroise