TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Why Me? Here is a safe space to let it all out, where you can rant about all the bad things life throws your way. Sometimes it just helps to ask "why me?"

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
This Time I'll Make You Proud.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Angry I want this teacher FIRED. - April 19th 2012, 12:59 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

I have this teacher who is just rude beyond belief. Well today we were supposed to be writing our persuasive essays and about 90% of the class wasn't working so he was getting mad. I understand that. But he started yelling at us and cussing at us "Get your asses to work right now!". That's ridiculous. And then he went on to start saying "I won't accept any late work after Friday unless you're at your own funeral."
Okay that is not funny at all. That put me in a depressive mood the rest of the day. He doesn't know not just me, but anyone. Fucking suicidal thoughts starting flooding my head after he said that. He made me want to start cutting again. He doesn't GET IT. This is the second time he's made me cry in that class from his choice of words. He's the worse fucking teacher I've ever had.
And the story get's better.
There's this girl who was giggling from what another girl was saying. But it wasn't loud laughter. He then decided to point her out instead of all the other kids running around and yelling. Well she's known for not liking him either so she raised her hand and asked him why out of everyone else he decided to pick on her. His face started turning red and he yelled at her to get out of his class. And she stood up for herself (which made everyone's jaws drop). She kept arguing with him as he filled out a rotation slip (to be sent to another class) and his face started sweating and turning red. Oh god. What a scene.
But after that class was lunch so a lot of people were talking about it and it turns out there's been many self complaints about him and we're all considering making a mass complaint about him. Actually one of my friends told me he commented about her ass one time.
Just ugh. There is so many things wrong with his teaching.
I guess in some way, what do I do. Or what do we do as students?

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Redangel1992 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sara

Re: I want this teacher FIRED. - April 19th 2012, 01:07 AM

There isnt much you can do but i would complain about him to everybody head teacher/head of year/ and even sign a pottion as what that teacher is doing is wrong and the school need to notice that! xxxx

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I want this teacher FIRED. - April 19th 2012, 01:14 AM

Fallon, As I said elsewhere in a similar thread, as an adult that works with kids, I always find it offensive when I hear of this, it gives all of us adults a bad rap. There's always such a power imbalance in these relationships that it always strikes me as an abuse of that power when adults talk disrespectfully..or really lose control and become downright menacing..to the kids they're supposed to be serving. And, i should hasten to add, that "Service" should always be professional, as directed by a Code of Conduct and Ethics, which all PS teachers are required to follow. They might be in charge of the class, but there are clear boundaries and guidelines of acceptable behavior.

I think the idea of those who have been abused by this guy getting together and letting the people in higher authority know what's going on is Ok, but I think the real way to affect change here is for parents to do it: Local school boards are accountable to parents...the tax payers...not the kids. So, if you really want to do something really effective, coordinate this with the parents.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I want this teacher FIRED. - April 19th 2012, 02:35 AM

Dr. Bobby, the girl who was thrown out of class informed him that her mom knows about all the crap he's put us through. Her mom clearly isn't impressed. She also told him that they would contact the school board. If nothing seems to have happened, my parents and I will probably contact the principle or school board.
And I'm sorry for giving you adults 'a bad rep', that's not my intention. But this guy is a real asshole.

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dr.Bobby Offline
Psychologist
Senior TeenHelper

Re: I want this teacher FIRED. - April 19th 2012, 03:08 AM

I think it's always important to be very clear and logical when dealing with illogic..especially with an adult. If it at all seems like revenge, then you've lost.

Rather than confront the teacher directly or worse...tell them your folks know (which sounds vaguely threatening), you might encourage your friends to tell their folks what he's saying, give them the raw data to make their own determination. Talking about "your own funerals" is a bit over the top by anyone's standards, no outrage necessary to get that across.

PM me with the link of the post you'd like me to respond to.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: I want this teacher FIRED. - April 20th 2012, 02:10 AM

It sounds to me like you might be overreacting a tad. 'Asses' is hardly a cuss word--I've had my teachers say the word 'ass' and 'crap' to us. And it's true that his comment about only not turning in work if you're at your own funeral was a little harsh, but if the teacher's overworked then yeah, he's probably gonna freak out a bit. I can't imagine how frustrating it is to assign work and have 90% of the kids not working at all and running around. Losing your patience is not an offense he should be fired over, however. I know from personal experience that when you get a bunch of pissed off teenage girls together, the results are usually not good ones. We (and I'm including myself in that category!) have a tendency to blow things incredibly out of proportion and make things up just to justify our feelings. It's not wrong and it's not right, it's just what it is. If that makes any sense My advice to you is to just cool off and look at things from a different perspective. Don't come into the class raring for a fight--you're only setting yourself up for disaster by doing that. Cool off, try not to talk shit about him after class and try to finish out the year. With any luck, you won't have this teacher again.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Katie

Re: I want this teacher FIRED. - April 20th 2012, 04:02 AM

I had a couple of teachers who had episodes like this triggered by both fellow staff and other students (not our class) and the episodes went on for days and were to the point where completely innocent people got sent to the office and the ENTIRE school knew what was happening. These kinds of things are unacceptable, however, teachers are human too, and lose patience every once in awhile. Talk to your parents about it if it bothers you and take action if it continues for more than one day. Otherwise, let it blow over it's not worth the time and effort since you probably won't get very far.

As for my teacher: The episode went on for 3 days, he basically spent the entire first class telling us what horrible people we were etc. then declared silence and next person who talks goes to the office (which is how the completely innocent girl got sent down there for trying to defend us) then it was complete silence for 2 days. I devised a plan of action with my dad over the weekend: gather a group of friends to discuss things with him calmly in private if he doesn't calm down, but ended up not needing to because the guy gave a massive apology first thing Monday morning. He said his wife yelled at him all weekend and helped him realize how wrong he was.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012
Associate LHO October 13, 2012

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: I want this teacher FIRED. - April 21st 2012, 12:14 AM

Cabron, I wasn't making a big issue out of him saying 'asses', because I cuss so much, it took me 5 minutes to realize what he said. :P
As for coming to class looking for a fight, I didn't today (I have that class every other day). My friend and I were actually terrified of him. Some girls had come out to the assistant principle that he had touched them inappropriately. ;-; It freaks me out because he's always putting his hands me my friends and my shoulders in a massaging position and just looks over a our shoulder at our work. We were both so petrified that we felt like we were going to be sick. I can't stand to look at him anymore. As for what the girls have said, he was asked to go to a private meeting with the assistant principle yesterday, but nothing seems to have been done. God I am so worried sick over this guys. ;-;
Katie, I'm sorry to hear about that teacher. That sounds like it would be a nightmare.

- Bert McCracken

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Zero. Offline
Meeeeeeeeewrth!
Not a n00b

Re: I want this teacher FIRED. - April 25th 2012, 10:58 AM

gee you know what I'd do? Record his crazy stuff on a phone, take it to the principal.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Merpop. Offline
Under the sea...

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dezmaid

Re: I want this teacher FIRED. - April 26th 2012, 02:45 AM

Dude, some of the stuff he does seems really awful. Especially commenting on someone's rear. My sister had a teacher that sexually harassed her class as well, it's awful when teachers do that. And then the consistently rude ones, just because you're an adult doesn't mean you'll get away with it. >>

Come with me
And you'll be
In a
World of
Pure imagination

Send a message via AIM to Merpop. Send a message via MSN to Merpop. Send a message via Yahoo to Merpop.  
Closed Thread