TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 12th 2016, 11:35 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/12/us/orl...club-shooting/

Yet MORE fucked up shit coming from Orlando after the shooting of Christina Grimmie.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 12th 2016, 03:20 PM

Orlando is a dangerous city. There are shootings pretty much daily, though not all of them make the news. Just like any city it depends on where you are, there are nicer areas and there are areas I wouldn't be caught dead in after dark. This crime was extra fucked up though. I'm not surprised. Right now they're investigating it as an act of terrorism, and that doesn't surprise me either. This does hit a lot closer to home for me than most crimes though, if it were spring or fall semester I probably would have known at least ten people there. It was one of the clubs most of the people I knew and was friends with went to. I'm still waiting to find out for sure that everyone I know is safe.

This horrible tragedy has brought to light a very helpful Facebook tool though, when I logged it in asked if I was safe and gave me a list of friends who also said they were safe and friends who had not replied yet.

I'll probably edit this throughout the day as I process what has happened and find out the whereabouts of my friends.

EDIT: They're currently calling this the deadliest mass shooting in the history of the United States.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

Last edited by Nightblood.; June 12th 2016 at 05:47 PM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 12th 2016, 05:56 PM

I really hope your loved ones are safe Keena.

At least 50 people are fucking dead. At first, they just reported that people were injured. Now they're calling it the deadliest mass shooting in US history.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 12th 2016, 06:48 PM

Over 50 dead, over 50 injured.

I'm speechless.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Onism. Offline
So sleepy.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 12th 2016, 06:48 PM

I really hope everyone's okay, Keena.

This is really fucked up. I definitely think this is a hate crime or an act of terrorism and it's just so ridiculous. Seriously, I have no words.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Onism. Send a message via Skype™ to Onism. 
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Kindred Offline
You can handle anything
I've been here a while

Name: Eyeliner Failure

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 12th 2016, 08:41 PM

It's absolutely horrific and my heart goes out to any and everyone affected, including those not directly so. This is a real fucking tragedy.

Also, this article seems to suggest this was an act of terrorism:
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/orl...hooter-n590496

Take as long as you need.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
IH8U2 Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 12th 2016, 10:57 PM

More concern in LA:

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/police-man...185811263.html

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Freedom. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 13th 2016, 05:16 AM

This is awful and my thoughts and prays go out to all those that have been affected.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Ayurnamat. Offline
✞Faith can move mountains✞

Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 13th 2016, 07:36 AM

This is horrifying and awful. The violence needs to stop. I have no words to express my anger over this. I'm keeping all those who are affected by this horrendous tragedy in my prayers.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
MyVisionIsDying Offline
Talk Nerdy To Me.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Shane

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 13th 2016, 10:56 AM

I am incredibly angry and disgusted. I wish I could do something to help, I wish we could all do more to help. There's going to be a time where paying respect (praying, memorials etc) to the fallen victims aren't going to cut it and people need to start standing up and take action.

What also sickens me is that this- a hate crime- is now considered the deadliest mass shooting in US history. I have no faith in humanity anymore, this world is a cruel place and how many more lives have to be lost for people to realise that we are all human and we just want to live our lives.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Nightblood. Offline
jus drein jus daun
I've been here a while

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 13th 2016, 03:21 PM

I am completely overwhelmed by the love and support shown. A friend of a friend is currently renting out properties he owns to loved ones of victims of the shooting for free. He's been in contact with hotels, who are also doing the same. JetBlue is not charging to fly family members to Orlando. Blood banks have long started turning people away, with appointments booked until the end of the week. Law enforcement is urging people not to hold vigils right now as the number of them creates its own safety concern, which is incredibly unfortunate.

This event is going to haunt me, probably for a long time. The status update Pulse made shortly after it happened is burned into my brain. So will someone else's heartbreaking thought that the people working the crime scene are working through the sound of phones ringing, family members trying to call to see if they're okay. Regardless of the motives of this crime, it was fueled by hate. Don't waste time hating the shooter, instead love the lives lost and the incredible love that has been shown in the aftermath of the worst shooting in the US.

If you want to help but aren't sure how, donate blood. Even if you're donation is far away, keep donating blood. Make sure the blood banks are filled in case, god forbid, anything like this ever happens close enough to you to need it. Keep shortages like the ones here from happening in the first place. There is also a gofundme page with funds going directly to the families affected. It can be found here. Vote for LGBT rights when you can. Be aware of the speech you use and the jokes you make. If you travel to Orlando and go to the theme parks, please be considerate to the workers. They've lost some of their own, and the employees consider each other family. Be considerate and polite to everyone you meet, even if they don't return the favor. You have no idea who has been affected. I'm thankful that none of my friends were hurt, but some of their friends weren't as lucky.

I still can't believe this happened at Pulse. Pulse was more than a nightclub, and it can be hard to understand that if you had never heard of it until now. It was many young peoples first gay club. The first safe place they could be themselves. There aren't that many safe, good, gay clubs in Orlando. Unfortunately, I'm sure there are family members who are finding out that their child was gay because they were a victim.

"We all have battle scars, Finn. Suck it up and build a brace for yours."

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle

I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: Gay club shooting in Orlando - June 13th 2016, 03:46 PM

My heart is broken. Mine, and my families prayers go out to Orlando during this time of crisis. I wish there were more we could do other than donate what we can. This is honestly such a heart breaking tragedy.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
Closed Thread