TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
The Darkness Offline
Nothing Began Everything
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Raphael

North Bay fires - October 17th 2017, 05:19 AM

There's always fires here in California it seems but these fires that are in the North Bay, called the North Bay fires, has impacted me and many others who lives, works, and goes to school in the bay area. Here's news about it: http://abc7news.com/tag/north-bay-fires/
The fires are slowly dying now, thanks to the first responders from all over the bay area who went to the 3 different sites to combat the fire. Nonetheless, there's been toxic airs from the smoke from these fires. Every morning I have to close my window because air quality is so bad. Here's another article about how the air quality is so bad that it's almost like Beijing: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/a...g-12272792.php
I think the last count I read was at 40. 40 people have died due to these fires. Homes are destroyed. Businesses in ruins. Vineyards are ashes. People's whole lives torn apart by these fires. Some are speculating that downed power lines is what sparked the flames, but no one is certain yet.
Me and some of my friends are asthmatic and we've been struggling these past few weeks. One of my friends bought a $100 air purifier because their asthma is the worst. Classes were cancelled this past thursday evening and friday, the whole school was closed, due to the smoke and air quality. People feared the fire was coming for their homes in other counties and cities.
Now, the air is clearing and the fires are being extinguished. But the effects of the fire might remain, some predict, for more than a decade.
Keep those who've lost their homes and lives in your thoughts.

THE POINT OF SINGULARITY IS NOTHING AS NOTHING BEGAN EVERYTHING
PULSING IN THE EXPAND CONSUME WITHOUT BARRIER OR BORDER
IT IS DARK BECAUSE IT IS THE DARKNESS IT IS OVER BECAUSE IT IS THE END
THERE IS NO SENTRY BECAUSE NONE DARE APPROACH
IT HAS NEVER BEEN AND IT IS ALL THAT EVER WAS
AT THE CENTER YOU DO NOT FIND THE ANSWER
YOU DO NOT FIND YOURSELF THERE IS NO CENTER AND THERE IS NO YOU THERE IS ONLY MADNESS
WE ARE ALL HERE NOW.
WE ARE ALL HERE.
WE ARE.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Online
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: North Bay fires - October 17th 2017, 06:36 AM

I have family who was impacted. An in laws family lost four or five homes. I have another family member whose friend lost their home as well. I also have a friend who had to evacuate from napa for a while. There were able to head home a while ago though.

It's really scary and, even though I am a few hours away, the smoke drifted this was and I am having difficulty breathing ( I have bad asthma). I imagine people living there must be struggling quite a bit.

I have been keeping everyone in my prayers.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: North Bay fires - October 19th 2017, 09:56 AM

Fires are just so devastating.

I will definitely be thinking of everyone affected.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: North Bay fires - October 23rd 2017, 02:19 PM

I've read that these fires are getting worse year by year, and that people suspect it is actually caused by various fire-fighting measures and safety standards deployed.

The argument was built on the idea that any habitat or cycle in nature can start behaving erratically when people start interfering with it.

Aka, fire control measures (whatever they may be) deployed to prevent wildfires... may actually lead to larger quantities of dry debris in the long-term, meaning that once a fire actually catches on successfully... it'll tear through the landscape at twice the rate.

Just wondering if other people here know a little more about it.

The weather is definitely getting erratic. In small steps, but noticeable. I was on holiday in Poland this summer, and a storm passed over the country that completely leveled an entire forest. It looked like one of those meteor strikes from Russia. And people of course died. Last year there was also hail the size of golf balls, that formed a layer about 3-4cm thick in our garden. 2 years ago there was a tornado 50-100km away from our house. And it doesn't start snowing anymore until like January/February, and often there is no spring anymore. It can even snow until May sometimes, and then suddenly summer arrives once like a quarter of the plants in your garden drop dead from frostbite. None of this stuff used to happen 10 years ago. Besides occasional harsh winters.

This year in early spring, the cost of many vegetables went up even by 3x because the winter killed all the harvests in continental Europe. That happened in March.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

Closed Thread