TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 10:51 AM

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you're having a super duper day.

Oops!!!

Just a minute. I need to pull up my pants!!

Now listen up. And listen good!

Those of you who [Outside - where everyone can see you!] urinate [i.e. 'pee'] and/or fornicate [i.e. 'have sex someone of the opposite sex that you are not married to] and/or masturbate [i.e. 'have fun with just one hand'] have now been joined [Legally speaking] in the town of Dublin - in the state of Georgia - by those who wear baggy pants. [i.e. 'pants or skirts that are more than three inches below the top of the hips exposing the skin or undergarments']

ALL 4 of you could be fined up to $200.

Click on THIS to read all about it.

What do YOU think of this change in the LAW in Dublin, Georgia?!

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

Last edited by CanadaCraig; September 6th 2010 at 09:16 PM.

Users of TeenHelp have rated post 473580 as the most helpful or liked. Click here to skip right to it!
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 12:13 PM

I think this is a good idea, only because its repulsive! I don't want to walk down the street just to see someone's underwear hanging out, and I'm sure the citizens of the town of Dublin, GA don't want to either.

NOT ATTRACTIVE!

IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY?!

Baggy pants are fine, when they're being worn in the PROPER SIZE, with a BELT!

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Jesus Christ. Offline
Führer of the sausage people
I can't get enough

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 12:20 PM

I think making a law about it is going a bit far... I mean, I'm keen on the style, but it would be like fining someone for wearing a hat inside...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -ArcAngel- View Post
I think this is a good idea, only because its repulsive! I don't want to walk down the street just to see someone's underwear hanging out, and I'm sure the citizens of the town of Dublin, GA don't want to either.

NOT ATTRACTIVE!

IS THIS REALLY NECESSARY?!

Baggy pants are fine, when they're being worn in the PROPER SIZE, with a BELT!
I agree that the style isn't particularly attractive - to me, anyway - but should that really be grounds for making something criminal? To me it seems positively medieval; declaring something wrong just because some people find it unsightly? To be frank, even the nutjobs against gay marriage have a stronger argument than that, and that's not something I say lightly.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 08:51 PM

Making it a crime does seem a bit excessive to me as well. I do often wonder how people actually walk at all with their jeans that low down - I know for one thing I'd faceplant every 5 metres or so - and it is pretty unsightly but then people do have the right to choose what they wear. Perhaps all that's really needed is to point out to them that all they're demonstrating in wearing their jeans that low is an inability to put them on properly...

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 09:33 PM

God DAMNIT! Now I can't wear baggy pants in Dublin. Now I must turn to different alternatives to make myself look like a gangster in Dublin.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 09:53 PM

I actually wouldn't mind seeing that law implemented where I live.
I see a ton of guys like that.

$200 might be a bit much though haha.
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 10:30 PM

Totally off-topic, but:

Quote:
or fornicate [i.e. 'have sex someone of the opposite sex that you are not married to]
Does that mean you don't get in trouble for having sex in public if you are married to the other person? "Oi there, are you two married?" "Yes, officer" "Alright then, carry on" .

Back on topic, I think it's over-the-top. The other crimes, well you are actually exposed, so I can see why they are illegal. But if it's just that your underwear is showing, it's not a big deal. That's like making it a crime to wear a bathing suit. Plus allowing guys to wear baggy pants means that it's easier to pick out the ones you don't want anything to do with by sight .

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 10:40 PM

Fashion police to the call!
They should also ban other fashions such as when people wear clothes too small for them it's the same thing.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: ..........

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 10:43 PM

i think its awesome.... i have told off quiet a few "gangsters" who walk around with there dam pants showing it disgust me. i think it should be implemented all over the world.

i mean really how hard is to buy jeans that fit or wear a dam belt!!!!!!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 10:57 PM

We should inforce laws that actually serve a public interest.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
L'espoir Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jen

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShimmeringFaerie View Post
Does that mean you don't get in trouble for having sex in public if you are married to the other person? "Oi there, are you two married?" "Yes, officer" "Alright then, carry on" ..
I was totally just about to say the same thing! Also, if people want to have gay sex then that's allowed too? About this law though, despite how daft I think those sort of trousers are, it is over the top!

PM // VM

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Batman. Offline
Protector of Gotham
I can't get enough

Name: Julz

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 6th 2010, 11:49 PM

You know what'd be REALLY awesome? If instead, the cops were allowed to give wedgies to pull the pants up! Hahaha, my mom does this to my nephew when his underwear is showing like that.

Dare to be Different, to be Weird, to be a Freak.
Overall, Dare to be yourself.

Stamp Out Prejudice Hatred and Intolerance Everywhere
The Sophie Lancaster Foundation

(#14 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 7th 2010, 12:42 AM

There's a Dublin in Georgia??
As for the main topic, I think that's kind of silly. Or what if you were out and your belt broke...?? :/

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 7th 2010, 07:44 AM

I agree with everyone who is saying it's unattractive and sometimes makes me wonder how people can walk around like that if they wear no belt and BOTH hands are above the waist. It's ridiculous to make it illegal though and to have a $200 fine because it's a style people don't like. People may also not like mohawks, boys in very thin jeans or girls wearing men's sport shorts. One can make the argument that all of these are bad for tourism, degrade society and are unattractive but it's not grounds for making illegal along with a fine.

Aside from the stupidity and narrow-mindedness of this law, are police really going to stop someone, inspect if their shorts are too baggy and write them up a $200 fine? Even for, say a 14-year old minding their own business? The only way the kid can wear legal shorts is to get rid of his current baggy ones or gain weight and height. It's ridiculous: the kid currently cant wear them because they're too baggy but in a year or two, he can because they're not baggy anymore.

Perhaps a smarter solution would be to show them how to wear the pants or get a store clerk to give them proper fitting ones with a belt. Whenever I see people wearing such pants, they're always pulling their pants up in some way often by grabbing at their crotch area or walking differently.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 7th 2010, 03:31 PM

I think it's awesome. Sure, people have the "right" to wear what they want, but why should I be subjected to looking at your ass or your gross underwear?

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
ralphedison Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ralph Edison

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 7th 2010, 03:53 PM

I wish those kinds of laws are passed here, I mean even going out in plazas without wearing clothes is very much legal here.

"He who does not know how to look back at where he came from will never get to his destination."
Jose Rizal
  Send a message via Yahoo to ralphedison  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Bean Offline
*goes poof*
Regular TeenHelper

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 7th 2010, 09:11 PM

I agree that people wearing their pants so low look stupid, but if they *want* to look stupid, then so be it! Making a law to prevent it is just ridiculous, it has no real benefit to society, as a law should

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

(#19 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 7th 2010, 10:08 PM

It's basically public nudity as it is. But passing a law against it is too far. At most they should discourage it or something.

(#20 (permalink)) Old
mommy to be <3
Junior TeenHelper

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 7th 2010, 11:56 PM

How ridiculous! There are bathing suits that show more than wearing baggy pants will. Why are people so afraid of seeing underwear or a bum crack anyway? We all have them for goodness sakes.

From your head down to your toes,
You're not much, goodness knows.
But you're so precious to me,
Sweet as can be,
Baby of mine.

(#21 (permalink)) Old
Anduriel Offline
srsly, wtf.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 9th 2010, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
I agree that people wearing their pants so low look stupid, but if they *want* to look stupid, then so be it! Making a law to prevent it is just ridiculous, it has no real benefit to society, as a law should
It benefits the city coffers?

Also off-topic: The law doesn't mention anything about defecation.
  Send a message via AIM to Anduriel Send a message via MSN to Anduriel Send a message via Skype™ to Anduriel 
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 9th 2010, 06:50 AM

Yeah, making it criminal goes a bit far.

I've always wondered HOW the hell they wear them like that? Wouldn't they fall all the time? I don't get the physics behind it.

But I'm not complaining that if I go to Dublin, I won't get to see guy's trousers. Won't complain one bit....

...But PLEASE don't ban mini-skirts....

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 9th 2010, 06:55 AM

I also propose, women over twenty five shalt not wear mini-skirts! And no man ever shall wear one, because that's just wrong...

Haha wow Lugez, you posted your's like 2 seconds before me!

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

(#24 (permalink)) Old
Toast Offline
lostinaworldofhate
I've been here a while

Name: Toast

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 9th 2010, 02:17 PM

It's not appealing, but that doesn't mean it should be illegal. People have the right to dress however the hell they want as long as it isn't indecent exposure(which is a different debate). That excludes places with dress codes. I could see schools and businesses banning it.

Heaven is high and earth wide. If you ride three feet higher above the ground than other men, you will know what that means. ~Rudolf C. Binding

(#25 (permalink)) Old
KiwiGal Offline
Perfect just as you are
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Beka

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 11th 2010, 08:54 PM

its bloody funny, 'specialy wen they trip over cos there pants are to low or wen the got things in there hands and their pants fall down..
but it takes the fun out of down trailing someon cos they do it themselve

KEEP YOUR CHIN UP!
NO MATTER WHAT THEY SAY
YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!
<3<3<3<3

(#26 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Wearing Baggy Pants is now a CRIME in Dublin, Georgia - September 13th 2010, 05:08 AM

I don't see why this is so over the top for everyone. O.o. It's been a law here for at least a year. Not even really a law. But you can be fined if you "shag", meaning your pants are purposefully below the hips. It's really low though, and I haven't heard of anyone being fined yet. Plus, I doubt the police will stop anyone in Dublin. It's probably meant as more of a scare tactic, to make people wear belts. It won't work. xD People will shag if they want to shag.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
Closed Thread