TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
C0co Offline
Average Joe

Name: Cody

Post Lion Attacks Tamer During Circus Show [VIDEO] - October 7th 2010, 07:28 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.aolnews.com/world/article...video/19661046

(#2 (permalink)) Old
firecracker Offline
Atheist Pagan
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Lion Attacks Tamer During Circus Show [VIDEO] - October 7th 2010, 07:32 PM

This is awful, really, it is. But these are WILD animals. They are going to act WILD.
I'm glad that the trainer is going to be okay, and I hope this never happens again but really, we should know better than to chain up these animals and make them do tricks for our entertainment.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Lion Attacks Tamer During Circus Show [VIDEO] - October 8th 2010, 12:12 AM

Risk working with these animals. Lion should not be killed because human provoked it.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Tess* Offline
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Tess

Re: Lion Attacks Tamer During Circus Show [VIDEO] - October 8th 2010, 06:06 AM

Is the video hard to watch? =/ I didn't watch it for fear that it'll be gory or something.
But I 100% agree with the two posts above.

How's your life? It's been a while
God, it's good to see you smile
<3

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: Lion Attacks Tamer During Circus Show [VIDEO] - October 8th 2010, 07:35 AM

I don't have much sympathy because there's a huge risk involved in what they do so even if the lion just does one swipe with its paw, that'd be good enough to go for surgery to be put back together. Some circuses are rather cruel to the animals, not sure if this one was or not but for those that are, I have even less sympathy when the trainers are attacked as they should expect it then.

I've seen some people who actually have the lions live with them and the lion has a very strong bond, the owner can let the lion loose in an open area and have control over it without using any metal poles or whatnot. Even then, if the lion wants to "give paw", that probably means you're going to lose a finger or at least get an armful of stitches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess* View Post
Is the video hard to watch? =/ I didn't watch it for fear that it'll be gory or something.
But I 100% agree with the two posts above.
It's not gory at all, there's no visible blood or anything along those lines. Might want to turn down volume as there is screaming from the crowd as they run out. You actually see the trainer at the end and he's walking on his two feet. The workers use a firehose to split up the lions so that accounts for why the trainer is wet. I'm sure there was blood because he was rushed to the hospital but I never saw any in the video nor on the trainer. A few others use poles to try to prod the lions apart. Not gory though and it's not zoomed in at much detail.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

Closed Thread