TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
cptdean Offline
Runs this Ship
Average Joe

Name: Dean

German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 02:49 PM

This thread has been labeled as non-PG13 by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for younger users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...boyfriend.html

Did he go too far? I know that if it was happening to my daughter then I would want to do something, not that.. but something.

Makes me cringe thinking about what happened to the bloke tho

BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips&
BaconStrips...

(#2 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: ..........

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 02:56 PM

meh i understand it theres a difference between dating someone a few years older and someone whos old enough to be your grandfather...id probally do the same in that situation.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheNumber42 Offline
Dolan
I can't get enough

Name: Cody

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 03:38 PM

"Did he go too far?"

I thought he let the old perv off pretty easy. That's not even a preview of what I'd have done.

~Cody

Normal User

(#4 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 03:43 PM

I don't really think there's any situation where cutting someone's genitalia off with a breadknife counts as a necessary or proportionate response, frankly, and I am concerned at suggestions that "going further than that" is acceptable either. I'm not condoning the relationship by any means - my gut reaction is that it was wrong - but inflicting grievous bodily harm on someone and nearly killing them? Come on...there is a limit.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#5 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 04:01 PM

I don't think you can say he went to you far until you experience exactly what he did; your teenage daughter being with a 57 year old man. I think that would drive me insane too.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#6 (permalink)) Old
bitesize Offline
Member since April '07
Outside, huh?

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 04:19 PM

Definitely too far. Fair enough the relationship maybe shouldn't have been happening, but now the victim is 'a eunuch for life'. I mean seriously. He could have at least tried talking to the man, or his daughter, or both. I think it's definitely wrong that he went straight over there and did this. Does no else feel this way??

Honey, you're familiar, like my mirror, years ago
I slithered here from Eden just to sit outside your door
Níl a shíltear mar a bhítear.
Things are not always what they seem.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Spellbound Offline
LGRW
I can't get enough

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitesize View Post
Definitely too far. Fair enough the relationship maybe shouldn't have been happening, but now the victim is 'a eunuch for life'. I mean seriously. He could have at least tried talking to the man, or his daughter, or both. I think it's definitely wrong that he went straight over there and did this. Does no else feel this way??
I agree with this. The father might have been angry but to do that?! I think it was wrong and he went way too far.

Send a message via MSN to Spellbound  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 05:08 PM

It seems a bit ambiguous as to what the relationship between the daughter and 57-man actually was. It seems intuitive that it was a close one, potentially a sexual one but the father wasn't initially told lots of details, he just acted on impulse. Perhaps he was told of the nature of it but the report doesn't account for it.

That aside, even if the relationship was sexual, I wouldn't approve of the father's actions. Castrating anyone, especially in such a brutal manner for any type of relationship I wouldn't condone. One thing that I question is given the father's impulsive reaction, would he have a criminal record especially of violent crimes, or would this be the first?

I do hope though that the victim does sue the father for medical bills, pain and suffering, and whatever other criminal charges can get tacked on since he's permanently altered. Even if his testicles could be re-attached, the father or one of his collegues took them. There's a limit as to what you can do legally but I think there's also a limit as to what you should do regardless of laws. Castrating a man with a bread knife is going beyond that limit. If the person is to be harmed, it takes 2 to be in a relationship (at least 2), so with that logic, the daughter should be severlely punished as well, not just the man. This isn't to say I think she should be physically punished, I think neither of them should be. If the father gave the guy a few punches or kicks, or possibly broke a limb or rib, that's something I could understand as it'd be a "heat in the moment" sort of thing.

I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)

(#9 (permalink)) Old
taylalatbh. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Taylala

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 06:14 PM

I'd be pissed about it, but I don't know about physically harming anyone.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
anony mouse. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 08:19 PM

Physical harm really was not necessary. I know that it sounds like an appropriate response--"I'll cut his balls off!"--but when you actually think about it...it's so dumb.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Markteenhelp Offline
Mark, Michael, Bry
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Mark

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 08:38 PM

No he didnt go to far i wouldve done the same thing if not worse. And i would be having a LONGGGGGtalk with my daughter

Learn from yesterday
live for today
hope for tomarrow

(#12 (permalink)) Old
BDF Offline
I can't get enough

Name: BDF

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 09:12 PM

I would have spoken with her first probably. BUT, if he kept harassing her, repeatedly, and not giving in etc.... I would have done something pretty bad also. I honestly don't know what. To me cutting his nutsacks off is pretty sick, but I dono what might occur to me when I lose my mind.

"I don't care about politics"
Then politics doesn't care about you either. Truth. You've got to make your voice heard, if you want to be listened to. But that's too logical for some people, so let me go a step further. Not making your voice heard, leaves other people free to hijack it by speaking on your behalf, even if they don't actually give a shit about you. That's politics. So, make your voice heard. That's not a quote from anywhere. That's just me.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Tara. Offline
You member.
I can't get enough

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 14th 2010, 11:55 PM

It's understandable, but too far.

To you, everything's funny. - -
I'd give all I have, honey. - If you could stay like that.
Stay this little. - - I won't let nobody hurt you.
Just try to never grow up. - - Never grow up.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Guile Offline
Head Jimmie Rustler
I've been here a while

Name: Guile

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 12:06 AM

Sounds fair to me, if there's one thing to know about Germans, we love our daughters and our wives. I would have shot his balls off too, I support this man fully, and hope he doesn't get charged with a crime.

Space Flight Awards

Geosynchronous Orbit (Kerbin)
Manned Capsule and return (Kerbin)
Space Station and Docking (Kerbin)
Equatorial/Polar Probe (Mun)
Landing Resulting in the Loss of a Kerbanaut (Mun)

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Jocelyn. Offline
Now fight.
I've been here a while

Name: Joce

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 12:23 AM

I'm not denying that the guy isn't some sick old perv, but are there really people on here saying that cutting his nuts off with a knife was acceptable punishment? Wow... just go punch him in the face or something if you're that angry. But to slice off his junk and leave him for dead, really?

When reality is a prison, your mind can set you free.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 01:04 AM

Why the hell did he let the father do that?

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 02:27 AM

Get a mysterious anonymous phone call: OBVIOUSLY TRUSTWORTHY RIGHT!

C'mon guys, seriously. Even if the father walked in on them having sex it would have been unacceptable, and what actually happened is several times more unreasonable than that.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 03:38 AM

There is so much information that isn't included in that article. It doesn't say if the man and the daughter were having a sexual relationship. Hell, it doesn't even say if it was a romantic relationship. It's possible that they were just friends, it's possible that this man didn't know how old she was, it's even possible that they were not involved with each other at all.

I could understand him confronting the man and maybe punching him out of anger. But this is just sick. And I can't understand how anyone here can be saying "I would have done the same thing". How is mutilating someone and leaving them to die a suitable punishment just because they're dating your daughter?

PM me!

Dreaming about the day
When you wake up and find
That what you're looking for
Has been here the whole time.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 04:06 AM

In the United States the police definitely would have done something about this way way way before it got to this point.
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
Kitty. Offline
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kitty

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 04:51 AM

This is crazy! That is way over the top!
  Send a message via MSN to Kitty.  
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Lugez Offline
Asshole
Senior TeenHelper

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 05:28 AM

The father's rage makes sense, in my opinion and I would definitely do something about it. Harming the man seems reasonable.

But I don't think I'd be able to stomach chopping off someone else's family jewels though.

I have the feeling there is more to this story than it seems (the father's mental state is clearly in question, the relationship itself, what did the father know and for how long, etc.)

(#22 (permalink)) Old
The ANTI-Troll Offline
Banned
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: ..........

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 10:12 AM

im starting to find the younguns replies to this stuff sickening.. the guy was 40yrs older then her he probally only had one thing on his mind and they were probally going at it...but we dont know the hole story theres probally more to it that governed the fathers reaction

id really like to see some of you be in your 30-40's find out your 17yr old daughter is dating someone likelly older then yourself and not react to it. the guy got of pretty easy in my eyes atleast he still has a twig just no berries . lol

(#23 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Janos

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ANTI-Troll View Post
im starting to find the younguns replies to this stuff sickening.. the guy was 40yrs older then her he probally only had one thing on his mind and they were probally going at it...but we dont know the hole story theres probally more to it that governed the fathers reaction

id really like to see some of you be in your 30-40's find out your 17yr old daughter is dating someone likelly older then yourself and not react to it. the guy got of pretty easy in my eyes atleast he still has a twig just no berries . lol
I'm certainly not a 'youngun', but I completely agree that I can't believe anybody would find this acceptable. Sure, a lecherous old man perving on a teenage girl is horrible, but seriously, what the fuck are we? Fucking savages? I'm frankly sorry if you find that kind of behaviour appeals to your baser natures, but it's not exactly saying much for the enlightenment of society at large if literally cutting the guy's balls off goes down as justice =/.
And for those who liked those posts, you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves, just stop and think about it will you? There is just so much wrong with that, I mean, this is why some point about two-hundred to three-hundred years ago we decided that courts and having a fair trial is a good idea. But no, that's totally ended up delaying our progress as a society, hasn't it? I mean, yeah, fair trials and all that = Evil. Totally
Now if you don't mind, I'm off to lynch someone, since that's totally acceptable (/sarcasm)

"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
7 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
ARTPOP Offline
I've been here a while

Name: :)

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 10:59 AM

I know he was a bit of an old pervert but.... eyaaaaa! Poor perverted old man There were other options , a stern word etc . This is revolting! We don't live in the middle ages y'know , I think it is absolutely savage! And what that guy must have gone through , I KNOW he was a perv , which is wrong , but NOBODY deseves this! I am female so I can only imagne how Sensitive males are in the trouser snake department. OUCH

I'm a superstar because I do pageants!

(#25 (permalink)) Old
Make Believe Offline
makes everything 20% cooler.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Kayleigh

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 11:04 AM

Revenge is an odd thing :/ I mean, really did this help anyone? Now the father will go to prison, the daughter will probably not talk to her father again and the man... well, has no balls

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."
  Send a message via MSN to Make Believe  
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 01:04 PM

Hi Everyone!!

I hope you're OK.

As far as I am concerned - the 'father' is a mental case. He had absolutely no right to harm that 57 year old man - let alone castrate him. The 57 year old man was the father's daughter's BOYFRIEND. He was NOT the father's daughter's RAPIST or KIDNAPPER or anything else that might be considered illegal. [Which is WHY the police couldn't DO anything]

THAT SAID....

Based on what I have learned over the years - I think it's quite possible that the girl might have been abused in some way BY her FATHER. Quite often - girls who have relationships with MUCH older men do so because of an abusive relationship [Sexual, physical and/or emotional] with their own father. It is possible that the father became enraged [And did what he did] because of his OWN guilt.

Just a thought.

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!!

(#27 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 15th 2010, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Odinson View Post

I'm certainly not a 'youngun', but I completely agree that I can't believe anybody would find this acceptable. Sure, a lecherous old man perving on a teenage girl is horrible, but seriously, what the fuck are we? Fucking savages? I'm frankly sorry if you find that kind of behaviour appeals to your baser natures, but it's not exactly saying much for the enlightenment of society at large if literally cutting the guy's balls off goes down as justice =/.
And for those who liked those posts, you should be fucking ashamed of yourselves, just stop and think about it will you? There is just so much wrong with that, I mean, this is why some point about two-hundred to three-hundred years ago we decided that courts and having a fair trial is a good idea. But no, that's totally ended up delaying our progress as a society, hasn't it? I mean, yeah, fair trials and all that = Evil. Totally
Now if you don't mind, I'm off to lynch someone, since that's totally acceptable (/sarcasm)
Was going to write something along these lines, but you got there first and probably better.

(#28 (permalink)) Old
Xujhan Offline
Resident Atheist
I can't get enough

Name: Fletcher

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 16th 2010, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ANTI-Troll View Post

Look, kiddo, the point is exactly that we don't know the whole story, and very likely to father didn't either. Even if you take as given that what the guy did is a reasonable response to someone taking very serious advantage of his daughter - something that is entirely debatable - if there was even a chance of his being wrong, and there was, what he did is completely unacceptable. "Innocent until proven guilty" isn't just an idle fancy to be tossed aside when it's inconvenient.

I'd close with something like "I'd really like to see you have your manberries hacked off by some nut and think 'Well, least I've still got a twig!'" except I really wouldn't wish that on anyone. Violence should always be a last resort, and never a first.

The atoms that make up you and me were born in the hearts of suns many times greater than ours, and in time our atoms will once again reside amongst the stars. Life is but an idle dalliance of the cosmos, frail, and soon forgotten. We have been set adrift in an ocean whose tides we are only beginning to comprehend and with that maturity has come the realization that we are, at least for now, alone. In that loneliness, it falls to us to shine as brightly as the stars from which we came.
  Send a message via MSN to Xujhan  
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 17th 2010, 12:00 AM

This is disgusting. Not only the father's actions, but some of these responses. Guys, violence is never the answer. Ever. Hurting someone because they did something to someone else does nothing but continue the cycle and hurt you. He should have talked to his daughter, even told the man to stay away from her, but not this.

Also, does Germany not have consent laws? I know here, if you are under the age of 18, dating someone who is more than four years older than you is against state law.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
emma01 Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 19th 2010, 05:15 AM

Yes it was over the top and shouldnt have been done but it was really funny! :P

(#31 (permalink)) Old
TJ- Offline
I am your master.
Junior TeenHelper

Name: TJ

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 19th 2010, 06:01 AM

Btw...

AGE OF CONSENT IN GERMANY IS 14!!! The police could do NOTHING because what was happening was LEGAL!!!

12:12 PM [Rob] Apart from when n**bs put stuff in their signatures.
12:12 PM [Rob] But then I edit the signatures, ban them, and initiate a full scale cover up.
  Send a message via AIM to TJ- Send a message via MSN to TJ-  
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: German man castrates teenage daughter's 57-year-old boyfriend - December 19th 2010, 08:23 PM

it's too far. i can understand how angry he must have been.. but he could have sorted this out in a better way.

i think people jump to violence far too quickly. i have a ridiculously over protective older brother who wouldn't think twice about knocking out any guy who treats me in a way he doesn't like.. but it's just wrong. yes, the guy in this article seems like an old perv BUT you can't go around doing stuff like that. castrating someone is unnecessary no matter how angry you might be.

there is nothing illegal about this relationship, assuming the girl is consenting (there is nothing that suggests she isn't.) it doesn't suggest that the old guy was abusive either. i think we need more details on this story. although it obviously is easy to assume he was taking advantage because of the ages.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

Closed Thread