TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Operation Fast and Furious: DOJ News Release Shows Obama Admin Approved ATF Mexico Weapons Smuggling - July 10th 2011, 11:22 PM

http://www.salem-news.com/articles/j...f-death-tk.php

This is the biggest fuck up I have seen in a long time when it comes to this shit. And people ask me why I don't like the ATF. Absolutely no common sense or regard or anything beyond their own personal goals.

Thoughts on this? There's more to it than the article i posted, but the media seems to be ignoring it wholesale for some god damned reason.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I don’t seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Casey. Offline
Dance with me
I can't get enough

Name: Casey

Re: Operation Fast and Furious: DOJ News Release Shows Obama Admin Approved ATF Mexico Weapons Smuggling - July 11th 2011, 12:37 AM

Huh. I haven't heard about this on the news yet, which is a bit odd. I'm also not sure I completely understand what was going on. Smuggling is bad and dangerous, and it seems like the ATF didn't use what little bit of brains they may possess in this. Hm.

She whispered to her own reflection "I will be strong."

"I am not what has happened to me.I am what I have chosen to become."- Carl Jung

"If ye harm none, do as ye wish."

Sometimes things just happen.

Smile through the tears.

PM me

Send a message via Yahoo to Casey.  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Operation Fast and Furious: DOJ News Release Shows Obama Admin Approved ATF Mexico Weapons Smuggling - July 11th 2011, 12:49 AM

This issue has been going on since the Bush Administration the USA has been sending guns to México that are responsible for millions of death of Mexican citizens, the only reason why this is now making big news is because this time it was not only Mexican citizen that got killed it was an American citizen. So when the investigation began as to where the gun came from involved in the killing of Zapata it all came to flow and they found out that the gun that killed him was one of the millions send to México by the USA government. This is a war and it is assumed that United States is an ally of México, but rather acts as if the enemy providing weapons to the enemy making it a great business while on this side people are dying.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Operation Fast and Furious: DOJ News Release Shows Obama Admin Approved ATF Mexico Weapons Smuggling - July 11th 2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey. View Post
Huh. I haven't heard about this on the news yet, which is a bit odd. I'm also not sure I completely understand what was going on. Smuggling is bad and dangerous, and it seems like the ATF didn't use what little bit of brains they may possess in this. Hm.
The Mexican government has been complaining that the only reason the Drug cartels are so well armed is because they've been able to make straw purchases at US gun shows and gun stores and smuggle them into Mexico.

So, the ATF in its infinite wisdom, decides it's going to try and track these purchases and nail the cartels on gun running, by hiding GPS units in gun shipments and catching them at the source. This would prove that gun sales are too lax, and would allot them to move on the drug cartels

Now, the first problem, is that they forced these gun buys to go through. A few of the gun stores initially refused to sell, knowing where the guns would be going. But, no, JUSTICE IS AT WORK! So they were forced to sell them.

Then, the god damned tracker units in the guns, the only method they had to track them, stopped working, because as it turns out, radioshack AA batteries don't last forever. So the entire purpose of the operation was dead.

Then, it was later found out that some of the guns that the ATF FORCED through the pipes (forced mind you) were used in the shooting of several people, including a US Border agent.

One giant stupid fucking clusterfuck that could have all been avoided if we ended the drug war.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Blackwing Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Zack

Re: Operation Fast and Furious: DOJ News Release Shows Obama Admin Approved ATF Mexico Weapons Smuggling - July 11th 2011, 03:05 AM

Obama caught running a false flag attack such a shame.

Send a message via AIM to Blackwing  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Heretic Offline
The Architect
I've been here a while

Name: [060191.1723]

Re: Operation Fast and Furious: DOJ News Release Shows Obama Admin Approved ATF Mexico Weapons Smuggling - July 11th 2011, 03:26 AM

Of all the stupid reasons for a stupid operation to go stupidly wrong, this has to be one of the worse. How in the hell could they not have realized that there were numerous huge holes in this plan?

I'd love to see how Mr. Holder and ATF tries to mop up this one.

Ethos
Pathos
Logos

Send a message via MSN to Heretic  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Operation Fast and Furious: DOJ News Release Shows Obama Admin Approved ATF Mexico Weapons Smuggling - July 11th 2011, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✖Truth✖ View Post
Obama caught running a false flag attack such a shame.
I don't think Obama had a direct hand. I think he gave them authorization to do what they needed to do, but I highly doubt he organized the efforts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post

I'd love to see how Mr. Holder and ATF tries to mop up this one.
Resignation letters. In my dreams, the elimination of the ATF. At this point I'm sure the Conservatives would love that.

Closed Thread