TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Current Events and Debates For discussions and friendly debates about politics and current events, check out this forum.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Taylor

Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 3rd 2011, 08:06 PM

And I say who gives a shit. She acted very suspicious during the whole investigation, I still think she had something to do with it. But really without looking it up who can tell me the name of the murder victim. You know the girl who was raped and had her throat slit, left to die a very slow death... anyone?

"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#2 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Amanda Knox is coming home... - October 3rd 2011, 08:44 PM

Rudy Guede was the only cold-blooded killer here. As far as I am concerned this release was well overdue. The evidence clearly showed that there was nothing linking Amanda and Raffaele to the crime scene in the first place.

News story:
http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/03/world/...eal/index.html
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 3rd 2011, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
But really without looking it up who can tell me the name of the murder victim. You know the girl who was raped and had her throat slit, left to die a very slow death... anyone?
Meredith Kercher - but I did just post a thread about this as well so that doesn't count. (Suffice it to say I'm now trying to delete it. )

Anyway...personally, I'm expecting an appeal from the prosecution PDQ - I don't think this is over by any means. For one, the person whose sentence has been upheld is adamant the other two were involved, and for another the acquittal as far as I can tell is more on procedural grounds concerning the DNA evidence. It's sad as it's already dragged out long enough, but as I said I don't think it's going to be over quite so easily. Whether the USA will allow her to be sent back to Italy should the need arise is another matter altogether though...

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Name: Scott

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 3rd 2011, 09:40 PM

I just how the titles of the two threads completely differ. One is so brilliantly tabloid and one is proper broadsheet.

I don't have much of an opinion, since I haven't looked into it too much. ITV news just said that the police beat Amanda to force her to admit to the murder though, so if that is indeed true, it's an obvious statement to say that some foul play was involved. I'm not entirely convinced Amanda was involved. Don't know a single thing about her boyfriend.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Kate* Offline
Newsletter Tips Writer
Outside, huh?

Name: Katie

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 3rd 2011, 10:45 PM

Convicting the wrong person wouldn't equal justice, the only evidence they had was disproved, even if they appeal they won't have much of a chance at a conviction.

LHO: March 31, 2008- October 13, 2012

"Freedom is what you do with what's been done to you." Jean Paul Sarte

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Antihero
I've been here a while

Name: Ghost

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 12:22 AM

I'd hit it.

Chauvinistic contributions contain crooked content.

The neon burns a hole in the night, and the Freon burns a hole in the sky.
You can find my kind living right on the fault line, eyes on the seaside, lives on the B-side, kites on the power lines.

2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 12:47 AM

I'm not saying she did it. She acted really strange though about the whole thing. And she proved to be a pretty crappy friend to this girl, whether she killed her or not. It's just a shame because it turned away from being about this poor girl who was brutally killed to being about this AMERICAN girl who was being tried for her murder. And let's be honest if Amanda Knox wasn't a pretty girl she would still be rotting in prison, no one here would have cared.

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin

(#8 (permalink)) Old
FlyingTrue Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 03:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigmole View Post
She acted really strange though about the whole thing.
Well if you were being taken to a strange place under incomprehensible circumstances, being coerced, beaten, and not understanding the language, you would probably be scared to death and act strangely too, yes?
  Send a message via Skype™ to FlyingTrue 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTrue View Post
Well if you were being taken to a strange place under incomprehensible circumstances, being coerced, beaten, and not understanding the language, you would probably be scared to death and act strangely too, yes?
She was acting strange before she was ever interrogated. I mean who the hell does cartwheels in a police station right after finding your roommate dead, as your boyfriend is being questioned about it.

Besides I think that if this had happened in America everyone would be thinking that she did it. I mean there was no strong evidence in the Casey Anthony trial, but everyone (including me) thinks she did it.

And I just don't feel sorry for her. I mean yeah she spent four years in jail, but she's freakin famous now. They already made a movie about her, she'll write a book about it soon, she's set.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 01:07 PM

Maybe we ought to stop broadcasting these trials cuz they're quite honestly none of our Goddamn business. It doesn't matter if any of us believe Casey or Amanda are guilty or not, there should not be a trial by media or public. Amanda being booed when she left the court was shocking - this isn't a theatre production.

There are exceptions, such as Troy Davis, where it was more than about the case. But things like this have become reality show versions of CSI.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingTrue View Post
In the interests of due process, I feel I should point out that the claims of coercion and being beaten are currently the subject of defamation proceedings and so should probably not be repeated until that case is decided. The same goes for the claim that she was not provided with an interpreter. On a more general point, as Taylor as already pointed out the strange behaviour predates her arrest and interrogation, which is perhaps why a number of people feel there is reason for suspicion.

On a separate note, the prosecution has confirmed they will appeal against the acquittal.

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#12 (permalink)) Old
TigerTank77 Offline
Rage is the best anesthetic
I've been here a while

Name: Ben

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr2005 View Post
On a separate note, the prosecution has confirmed they will appeal against the acquittal.
They can do that? What the hell.

Often I lie wide awake, thinking of things I could make.
But I donít seem to have the parts to build them.
I am so scared of what will kill me in the end, for I am not prepared.
I hope I will get the chance to be someone, to be human.

Send a message via AIM to TigerTank77 Send a message via MSN to TigerTank77 Send a message via Skype™ to TigerTank77 
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
forfrosne Offline
I am immortal. So far so good.
I can't get enough

Name: Matthew

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 05:37 PM

OP has been reading the Daily Mail.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Snufkin Offline
XO
I've been here a while

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 05:38 PM

The Daily Mail's coverage was brilliant! http://tabloid-watch.blogspot.com/20...otes-from.html

(#15 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTank77 View Post
They can do that? What the hell.
Yes - if an acquittal is the result of an appeal rather than a trial, that acquittal can itself be appealed provided there is a court with sufficient standing to hear the appeal and leave to appeal is granted. For example, in England and Wales the Crown Court can hear a trial and pass sentence, the Court of Appeal (Criminal Division) could overturn that sentence and the Supreme Court (formerly House of Lords) could reinstate it. The same applies in Scotland, as well as in European jurisdictions and others such as Canada and the United States. The reason this is allowed is that the appeals process is concerned solely with whether the conviction attained at first instance level is safe or not; it is not a new trial in itself, much as the appeal in this case was not (it only considered a limited amount of the evidence from the first trial). As such, double jeopardy is not invoked as this whole process can only be initiated with a conviction in the first place.

Quote:
RIP Nick

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Halo345 Offline
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Alex

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 4th 2011, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Maybe we ought to stop broadcasting these trials cuz they're quite honestly none of our Goddamn business. It doesn't matter if any of us believe Casey or Amanda are guilty or not, there should not be a trial by media or public. Amanda being booed when she left the court was shocking - this isn't a theatre production.

There are exceptions, such as Troy Davis, where it was more than about the case. But things like this have become reality show versions of CSI.
The big thing (In the US anyways) is cues she's a US citizen being tried in a foreign country that isn't always the best when it comes to the criminal court.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Fabrication Offline
This Time I'll Make You Proud.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Fallon

Re: Foxy Knoxy is coming home... - October 5th 2011, 01:20 AM

I heard her DNA was never found on or near the victim during the incident. I'm glad she's going to be able to go back home. Nothing's worse then being convicted of a crime you didn't do and then serving 4 years in 13 by 13 foot cell. That broke my heart.

"..And if you're perusing the social media networks, I urge you to keep your fucking opinions to yourself. If you're going ruin someone's day, ruin your own."
- Bert McCracken

(#18 (permalink)) Old
macguy Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito acquitted of murder of Meredith Kercher - October 5th 2011, 03:06 AM

In my humble opinion, Knox should never have been found guilty. The Italian justice system is definitly screwed up and the cops don't have any idea what they are supposed to be doing. Ya gotta feel sorry for the Kercher family as they would like to know the truth.

(#19 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Re: Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito acquitted of murder of Meredith Kercher - October 5th 2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
In my humble opinion, Knox should never have been found guilty. The Italian justice system is definitly screwed up and the cops don't have any idea what they are supposed to be doing. Ya gotta feel sorry for the Kercher family as they would like to know the truth.
Pretty bold claims to be making about an entire country's legal system and law enforcement off the back of one case, don't you think? Especially seeing as the "independent reports" presented by the defence both came from the University of Rome, which doesn't particularly strike me as representative of the whole field of forensic evidence. It's also worth noting that the reports merely introduced the possibility of contamination, not that it actually was contaminated - indeed, in at least one place they concurred with the findings (Knox's DNA on the knife handle). The reason it worked was because all the defence had to do was introduce some level of doubt, however small, and they did.

Quote:
RIP Nick

(#20 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito acquitted of murder of Meredith Kercher - October 5th 2011, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macguy View Post
I am assuming you are American. If that is true, no American gets to say that the Italian justice system is screwed up, not with how screwed up ours is. Examples: OJ Simpson, this Michael Jackson bullshit, and Casey Anthony (and by that I mean that the prosecution screwed up by turning what should have been a manslaughter case into a murder case)

Closed Thread