TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

  • Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!


Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Question Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 08:05 AM

Ive went through some of these questions and honestly Im offended by it

Im being so serious and this a serious question
   
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
CorrieUSMC's Avatar
 
Name: Corrie
Gender: Attack helicopter
Location: New York

Posts: 666
Join Date: August 26th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 12:41 PM

Generally, telling people they're 'Going to hell'; doesn't advocate well for your 'Religion' or keeping people in a friendly mood. Just remember, there ARE other religions out there, and some people just don't believe in a religion. That's one of the great things about the United States of America. "Freedom of Religion".


   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Catharsis.'s Avatar
 
Age: 22
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Posts: 1,797
Blog Entries: 101
Join Date: December 8th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 01:11 PM

I don't necessarily think Christians get treated any differently by people of other religions from the way Christians treat people of other religions. You can't expect people to just respect your religion because you think they should. I honestly don't give a shit what people think of atheists, as it won't affect me or make me believe in God. Can I ask why some Christians seem to feel they're entitled to more respect in religious debates than non-Christians?
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

August 16th 2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remorse_Angel View Post
Generally, telling people they're 'Going to hell'; doesn't advocate well for your 'Religion' or keeping people in a friendly mood. Just remember, there ARE other religions out there, and some people just don't believe in a religion. That's one of the great things about the United States of America. "Freedom of Religion".


Well hell is real, Yea hat doesnt mean disrespect God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle. View Post
I don't necessarily think Christians get treated any differently by people of other religions from the way Christians treat people of other religions. You can't expect people to just respect your religion because you think they should. I honestly don't give a shit what people think of atheists, as it won't affect me or make me believe in God. Can I ask why some Christians seem to feel they're entitled to more respect in religious debates than non-Christians?

I just asked a question dude, Yes I deserve respect just we read the bible and dont agree with everything you do doesnt mean disrepect God

Last edited by Lizzie; August 16th 2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
   
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Catharsis.'s Avatar
 
Age: 22
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Posts: 1,797
Blog Entries: 101
Join Date: December 8th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:28 PM

>Well hell is real
To you, yes. I, however don't believe in Hell. If you go around telling people who don't believe in Hell that they're going to Hell, you're gonna have a bad time, yo.

>I deserve respect
Respect works both ways.

>just we read the bible and dont agree with everything you do
Plenty of people don't read the Bible, and shouldn't be expected to live by the Bible. If you were more respectful of that, you'd be getting somewhere.

>doesnt mean disrespect God
You repeated this like some sort of an order. yaomingface.jpg See ">I deserve respect".
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle. View Post
>Well hell is real
To you, yes. I, however don't believe in Hell. If you go around telling people who don't believe in Hell that they're going to Hell, you're gonna have a bad time, yo.

>I deserve respect
Respect works both ways.

>just we read the bible and dont agree with everything you do
Plenty of people don't read the Bible, and shouldn't be expected to live by the Bible. If you were more respectful of that, you'd be getting somewhere.

>doesnt mean disrespect God
You repeated this like some sort of an order. yaomingface.jpg See ">I deserve respect".


Well thats the bible and yes if you dont live right your going to go to hell, And your an atheist so you make no since what so ever of course you dont see it that way but I do
   
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough
*********
 
Adam the Fish's Avatar
 
Name: Adam
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Location: Bristol

Posts: 2,343
Blog Entries: 6
Join Date: August 24th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:31 PM

If you find it offensive, I feel that, whilst I apologise, the best course of action is stop reading the threads.

We have Mods here who will remove offensive content, so - for the most part - you should probably try looking at it from a more objective viewpoint because others have been fine with it.


Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."
   
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael98 View Post
If you find it offensive, I feel that, whilst I apologise, the best course of action is stop reading the threads.

We have Mods here who will remove offensive content, so - for the most part - you should probably try looking at it from a more objective viewpoint because others have been fine with it.


Well Im not fine with, And their have been plenty of things said that, Disrespected peoples religions and those comments did not get removed, hmm I wonder why that is
   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19
Guest
 
DeletedAccount19's Avatar
Edit avatar
 

Posts: n/a

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remorse_Angel View Post
Generally, telling people they're 'Going to hell'; doesn't advocate well for your 'Religion' or keeping people in a friendly mood. Just remember, there ARE other religions out there, and some people just don't believe in a religion. That's one of the great things about the United States of America. "Freedom of Religion".
I would like to reinforce this post.

Corrie, as a member of the armed forces fighting for the freedom of our country, couldn't have said it any better. Everyone else has said it well enough too.

Also, I'd like to back up Adam's statement. If you're getting offended, maybe it's best to stop reading the posts. No need to get worked up over faces behind a computer screen arguing their just opinion.
   
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Catharsis.'s Avatar
 
Age: 22
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Posts: 1,797
Blog Entries: 101
Join Date: December 8th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:39 PM

>your an atheist so make no since what so ever (sic)
Notice how I chose not to take offense to this, when I easily could. it's hypocrisy to expect respect to be shown towards Christians when you say stuff like this.
Adam knows what he's talking about.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
7 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

August 16th 2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyways and Starlights View Post
I would like to reinforce this post.

Corrie, as a member of the armed forces fighting for the freedom of our country, couldn't have said it any better. Everyone else has said it well enough too.

Also, I'd like to back up Adam's statement. If you're getting offended, maybe it's best to stop reading the posts. No need to get worked up over faces behind a computer screen arguing their just opinion.


Im not gone argue, But you guys dont seem to respect christians, can read what I want, I respect alot of you guys being atheists but Im trying to help you out God is getting ready to come back, And the main reason people say the bible is stupid because it doesnt agree with homosexuality, Iv seen it throught this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle. View Post
>your an atheist so make no since what so ever (sic)
Notice how I chose not to take offense to this, when I easily could. it's hypocrisy to expect respect to be shown towards Christians when you say stuff like this.
Adam knows what he's talking about.


You dont understand because you an atheists

Last edited by Lizzie; August 16th 2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
   
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Agony's Avatar
 
Gender: Female

Posts: 623
Blog Entries: 30
Join Date: June 5th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:46 PM

I do not see how Christians are being disrespected to be quite honest, there are many Christians on this site that I haven't seen complain or make a thread to state that they feel as if their Religion was disrespected.

On a different note, it is an opinion that Hell is real. When someone does not believe in Hell (or Heaven or God) you shouldn't keep telling them that Hell is real. The thing is, in order for ALL religions to be respected, you can't keep reinforcing your beliefs on people. Even if you don't mean to offend them, you still might be by telling them what you believe is right (making whoever doesn't believe that wrong by default).

I respect Christians as long as they respect me. I respect all religions as long as they don't try to force their religion on me and don't try to argue with me.

So to answer your question, I do not see Christians getting disrespected on this site, maybe they are and I just don't know it but as for as I've seen, Christians (along with other religions) are being respected.



When I'm sad I think, "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt!"

You can't change fate, but you can change your attitude towards it.
Former user: xArchDreamerx

Became a HelpLINK mentor on July 13th, 2013
   
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:51 PM

If you dont believe in God of course you wouldnt see it as offensive, Some of you wont admit to that though
   
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Alexisdominique Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
Alexisdominique's Avatar
 
Name: Lexi
Age: 22
Gender: Female

Posts: 49
Join Date: August 15th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:51 PM

I just feel like people can believe what ever they want but I do think it's disrespectful when people out loud disrespect other people's religion (kk that probably didn't make sense). Like you don't have to believe it that's fine. You can say you don't believe in God, I don't care. But just don't say something like "how can you believe in something so fictional?" (In a condescending tone) or "your God is fake anyway!". I feel stuff like that can hurt and be taken over the line. And by reading the other posts though you can't get mad cause you pronounced someone's damnation and I feel like that's something that shouldn't be said either.
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount19
Guest
 
DeletedAccount19's Avatar
Edit avatar
 

Posts: n/a

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:53 PM

Sorry for being a BSM, but maybe we should just forget about this thread?

There's no Christians being disrespected and we're all entitled to our own opinions. Forcing our opinions on others is unnecessary.
   
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Catharsis.'s Avatar
 
Age: 22
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Posts: 1,797
Blog Entries: 101
Join Date: December 8th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:53 PM

I'm sorry, but you're missing the point. If your response whenever I explain to you that to demand respect for your own religion, it might be a good idea to respect other religions, is going to be along the lines of "lol son u r atheist u dont understnad nd u make no since so lol", I might as well be talking to my garden gnome about why Christians don't realise that respect works both ways.

Go raibh maith agat.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Agony's Avatar
 
Gender: Female

Posts: 623
Blog Entries: 30
Join Date: June 5th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoiSwag View Post
Really because calling the bible stupid is disrepectful and Ive seen it alot in the post, And I said you can go hell, Its true Im not being disrespectful again you see it that way because your an atheists
Where did anyone call the Bible stupid? I haven't seen that yet.

The only one who is disrespecting someone is yourself; when someone says they do not believe in God, you shouldn't start telling them that God exists.

Hell has not been proven to exist so therefore it is still an opinion on whether or not it is real; you have a right to your opinion, as does everyone else. Keep that in mind. You keep telling people that do not believe in Hell that Hell is real, that is also disrespecting their beliefs.



When I'm sad I think, "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt!"

You can't change fate, but you can change your attitude towards it.
Former user: xArchDreamerx

Became a HelpLINK mentor on July 13th, 2013
   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexisdominique View Post
I just feel like people can believe what ever they want but I do think it's disrespectful when people out loud disrespect other people's religion (kk that probably didn't make sense). Like you don't have to believe it that's fine. You can say you don't believe in God, I don't care. But just don't say something like "how can you believe in something so fictional?" (In a condescending tone) or "your God is fake anyway!". I feel stuff like that can hurt and be taken over the line. And by reading the other posts though you can't get mad cause you pronounced someone's damnation and I feel like that's something that shouldn't be said either.
Thankyou, Just say you dont believe in God, Dont say the bible is stupid or what you said how can you believe in something so fictional, Thats wrong, I can admit mayb. Was wrong about some stuff yesterday but atleast I can admit it
   
  (#19 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyways and Starlights View Post
Sorry for being a BSM, but maybe we should just forget about this thread?

There's no Christians being disrespected and we're all entitled to our own opinions. Forcing our opinions on others is unnecessary.

Yes their is but its whatever though
   
  (#20 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle. View Post
I'm sorry, but you're missing the point. If your response whenever I explain to you that to demand respect for your own religion, it might be a good idea to respect other religions, is going to be along the lines of "lol son u r atheist u dont understnad nd u make no since so lol", I might as well be talking to my garden gnome about why Christians don't realise that respect works both ways.

Go raibh maith agat.

I personally dont see how you cant believe in God, And if our an atheists again you wpuldnt understand a christians POV
   
  (#21 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Agony's Avatar
 
Gender: Female

Posts: 623
Blog Entries: 30
Join Date: June 5th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoiSwag View Post
Read some of he other threads here, And you used to b a christian ou obviously havnt read revelations, I feel sorry for you
I actually was a lot happier when I converted because I no longer had to lie to people when saying I believed in God.

See? You said "I feel sorry for you" why? I'm perfectly happy, I'm believing what I think to be right. You saying this makes me angry because you are feeling "sorry" for me because of my beliefs. That's disrespectful.



When I'm sad I think, "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt!"

You can't change fate, but you can change your attitude towards it.
Former user: xArchDreamerx

Became a HelpLINK mentor on July 13th, 2013
   
  (#22 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony View Post


I actually was a lot happier when I converted because I no longer had to lie to people when saying I believed in God.

See? You said "I feel sorry for you" why? I'm perfectly happy, I'm believing what I think to be right. You saying this makes me angry because you are feeling "sorry" for me because of my beliefs. That's disrespectful.

Again with the im disrespectful crap, And you probally didn read revelations then huh?
   
  (#23 (permalink)) Old
Catharsis. Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
Catharsis.'s Avatar
 
Age: 22
Location: Limerick, Ireland

Posts: 1,797
Blog Entries: 101
Join Date: December 8th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:08 PM

If you can say you personally don't see how I can't believe in God, why is it so bad for an atheist to tell a Christian that their beliefs are bullshit? You're being hypocritical here. And, for the record, I'm a former Catholic, and I have read Revelations. See, you can tell me about my damnation if I want, but it won't scare me, because I don't believe in any of it. I have nothing against you believing in it, but we'll go back to the first reply from Corrie about telling people they're going to Hell.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Catharsis. 
  (#24 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict
************
 
cynefin's Avatar
 
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Location: 1261'

Posts: 9,789
Blog Entries: 1483
Join Date: August 25th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoiSwag View Post
I personally dont see how you cant believe in God, And if our an atheists again you wpuldnt understand a christians POV
You're being quite disrespectful. I can't see how you could be so rude, but then again, you wouldn't understand my POV; I feel bad for you because you feel the need to be so disrespectful.


Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind
   
  (#25 (permalink)) Old
cookiesamilk Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
cookiesamilk's Avatar
 
Name: Caitlin
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Location: im on a boat

Posts: 213
Blog Entries: 30
Join Date: December 30th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:10 PM

Could you possible tell us the EXACT threads that have called the bible stupid? Like, could you give us the title? Because I would be curious to read it. I've never seen any thread saying anything like that about the bible.
   
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#26 (permalink)) Old
SilentBunny Offline
Formally Sn0man
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
SilentBunny's Avatar
 
Name: jake
Age: 24
Gender: Male

Posts: 390
Join Date: January 14th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:11 PM

As a christian myself I have yet to find any post on here that I find offensive. Maybe its just you then? And frankly, I find you (brandon) seem almost like your forcing your beliefs down the throats of people...that's not what your supposed to do. Freedom of speech and religion, therefore people are free to be christian, muslim, atheist or whatever they please. And they're also free to speak their mind in an open forum, they shouldn't stop just because one person is offended.
Just my opinion.


(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
   
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#27 (permalink)) Old
Agony Offline
Member
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Agony's Avatar
 
Gender: Female

Posts: 623
Blog Entries: 30
Join Date: June 5th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoiSwag View Post
Again with the im disrespectful crap, And you probally didn read revelations then huh?
Why would I if I don't believe in God or the Bible? More importantly, why do you care if I didn't? How does that effect you? I live in a Christian family and they don't force their beliefs on me so why should you?

Multiple people are finding your posts disrespectful, me included.



When I'm sad I think, "I got a jar of dirt, I got a jar of dirt!"

You can't change fate, but you can change your attitude towards it.
Former user: xArchDreamerx

Became a HelpLINK mentor on July 13th, 2013
   
  (#28 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

August 16th 2013, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oracle. View Post
If you can say you personally don't see how I can't believe in God, why is it so bad for an atheist to tell a Christian that their beliefs are bullshit? You're being hypocritical here. And, for the record, I'm a former Catholic, and I have read Revelations. See, you can tell me about my damnation if I want, but it won't scare me, because I don't believe in any of it. I have nothing against you believing in it, but we'll go back to the first reply from Corrie about telling people they're going to Hell.

I didnt tell you your going to hell directly, I said if you dont live right quit putting words in my mouth

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectlyImperfect View Post
You're being quite disrespectful. I can't see how you could be so rude, but then again, you wouldn't understand my POV; I feel bad for you because you feel the need to be so disrespectful.

Again Im not being disrespectful just because I dont agree with you I asked a simple question and yaw went back to what happen yesterday, Why revert back to the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by sn0man View Post
As a christian myself I have yet to find any post on here that I find offensive. Maybe its just you then? And frankly, I find you (brandon) seem almost like your forcing your beliefs down the throats of people...that's not what your supposed to do. Freedom of speech and religion, therefore people are free to be christian, muslim, atheist or whatever they please. And they're also free to speak their mind in an open forum, they shouldn't stop just because one person is offended.
Just my opinion.
Im not forcing my beliefs down anyones throat,
Some of them misread what I said

Last edited by Lizzie; August 16th 2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Merge consecutive posts
   
  (#29 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict
************
 
cynefin's Avatar
 
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Location: 1261'

Posts: 9,789
Blog Entries: 1483
Join Date: August 25th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:22 PM

Yes, you are. Telling someone that you don't understand how they don't believe a certain way is condescending and rude. I'm not going back to your original thread. But hey, if you want to bring that up then we'll bring it up. I don't agree with you, either but I'm not being condescending and questioning your beliefs. You've gone too far with this thread. You can't even write any more than a sentence in reply.


Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind
   
  (#30 (permalink)) Old
cookiesamilk Offline
Member
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
cookiesamilk's Avatar
 
Name: Caitlin
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Location: im on a boat

Posts: 213
Blog Entries: 30
Join Date: December 30th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:31 PM

I asked you to tell us which threads are the ones that called the bible stupid and disrespected Christianity, and you did not reply. I haven't seen any, but apparently you have... unless you're lying (which wouldn't surprise me). So, one more shot, which threads EXACTLY tell us that the bible is stupid? Tell us the title of the threads. I'm curious.
   
  (#31 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
CorrieUSMC's Avatar
 
Name: Corrie
Gender: Attack helicopter
Location: New York

Posts: 666
Join Date: August 26th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:32 PM

You know, Brandon,

This is getting quite out of hand again, just like your other thread. Again, I have not seen a post that could be considered "Discrimination against the Christian religion", and trust me, If I really wanted to. I could say some stuff about it. Yes, I did say "In the end, the bible is just a book." Because it is, Its just words on a paper that people live to for their lives. Every region has their own "God(s)", and Forms of Hell, and heaven. Heck, there's even a "Star Trek" Religion. Also, think of how many Lives have been killed due to a religion? Say, the Crusades? Witch Hunts? The countless thousands of lives killed in the "Holy Land" between the Jews and the Muslims. That is why I do not believe in any God. Because, People will always judge, and People will always want to "hurt" what they think is inferior to their views.


   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#32 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agony View Post


Why would I if I don't believe in God or the Bible? More importantly, why do you care if I didn't? How does that effect you? I live in a Christian family and they don't force their beliefs on me so why should you?

Multiple people are finding your posts disrespectful, me included.

Yea what ever and Im not forcing my beliefs on you again you misread
   
  (#33 (permalink)) Old
cynefin Offline
Verbal venom.

TeenHelp Addict
************
 
cynefin's Avatar
 
Age: 20
Gender: Female
Location: 1261'

Posts: 9,789
Blog Entries: 1483
Join Date: August 25th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:45 PM

"Yea what ever" Is that all you can say? You just proved my point. All you're doing is trying to upset people. Guess what? Mission accomplished. How about you actually take the feelings of others into consideration.


Articles & Resources Officer|Lead Moderator|Senior Newsletter Editor
The mountains are calling and I must go.
1941-2016

Nature does not rush, yet everything is accomplished
-Lao Tzu
Memories made in the mountains stay in our hearts forever
Move the body, quiet the mind
   
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#34 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectlyImperfect View Post
"Yea what ever" Is that all you can say? You just proved my point. All you're doing is trying to upset people. Guess what? Mission accomplished. How about you actually take the feelings of others into consideration.
Im not tryimg to upset anyone so their is no mission accpmplished, I dont believe in what they believe so no im not
   
  (#35 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
CorrieUSMC's Avatar
 
Name: Corrie
Gender: Attack helicopter
Location: New York

Posts: 666
Join Date: August 26th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoiSwag View Post
Yea what ever

Why bother opening a thread, if all you're going to do is respond with shit answers like this?

I mean, how can you expect respect back, when you can't give respect?


   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#36 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remorse_Angel View Post



Why bother opening a thread, if all you're going to do is respond with shit answers like this?

I mean, how can you expect respect back, when you can't give respect?
Because some of you guus are getting on my nerves believe what you wanna believe though
   
  (#37 (permalink)) Old
Symphony. Offline
"You're the only light."
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Symphony.'s Avatar
 
Name: Sarah
Age: 19
Gender: Female
Location: USA.

Posts: 619
Blog Entries: 29
Join Date: December 10th 2011

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:55 PM

I haven't seen a thread disrespecting any religion on here. Sure, there's debates, but people are always discussing, not throwing things around like, "You're wrong, you're religion's wrong, hahaha (insert religion here) is stupid so you must be stupid as well." No one's said anything like that.
Is one of the threads you have in mind my thread in here? If not, disregard this comment, but I wasn't at all trying to disrespect any religion in my thread- I was simply asking questions regarding Christianity, trying to make sense of it. I never went out of my way to disrespect any religion.
I second Caitlin, please link us to or give us the names of some threads which you feel are disrespectful, because I just may agree with you to some extent if you can provide a disrespectful thread/post from this section of the forums.
You're disrespecting atheists and then expecting respect for your own religion. That doesn't quite add up.


"What's done in the dark will be brought to the light."
Associate HelpLink Mentor
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#38 (permalink)) Old
CorrieUSMC Offline
Ghost Rider
Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
CorrieUSMC's Avatar
 
Name: Corrie
Gender: Attack helicopter
Location: New York

Posts: 666
Join Date: August 26th 2012

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoiSwag View Post
Because some of you guus are getting on my nerves believe what you wanna believe though
You ever hear of a thing, if people don't seem to agree with you, instead of keep answering back, to stop fueling the fire?

That would be the "Mature" thing to do. Ignore it, not everyone in life is going to agree with you and go along with you. The quicker you learn that, the happier your Blood pressure will be in the long run.


   
  (#39 (permalink)) Old
thebigmole Offline
Member
I've been here a while
********
 
thebigmole's Avatar
 
Name: Taylor
Age: 30
Gender: Female
Location: Orlando, Fl

Posts: 1,668
Join Date: January 31st 2009

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:58 PM

I've never really seen any Christians disrespected on this site. Here's the thing, on this board it's about asking questions, it's even a bit about a debate. Christians who write things on here are not being disrespected they are being challenged, which is what you should expect on this board. If you don't want to be challenged, then don't write here. Also if you don't want to hear other people's opinions, then don't write here. Don't ask someone what they think of the Bible and then get offended when someone who believes it's stupid says so. You asked for their opinion, so them saying it isn't disrespectful, it's just their opinion.

If you find people who's opinions different than yours disrespectful then I am really sad for you. A person doesn't form their own viewpoint with any intent to disrespect someone else, it's not about you it's about them.

Also saying that "atheists don't understand" your viewpoint, many of the atheists on this site converted from a religion, mostly Christianity I believe. And many of the rest of us have done extensive research on other religions, even read the Bible, so just because someone made the decision to become an atheist doesn't mean they don't understand Christianity, in fact our understanding of Christianity is the reason we became an atheist to begin with.


"For Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed." -Caitlin McGrath

"For this thing we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down." -Mary Pickford

"But the music's so happy!" -Little Sally: Urinetown

"If our own policies aren't supporting equality then what are we fighting for?"- Kathy Griffin
   
  (#40 (permalink)) Old
PrettyBoiSwag Offline
Banned
Not a n00b
**
 
PrettyBoiSwag's Avatar
 
Name: Brandon
Age: 22
Gender: Transgendet ftm straight
Location: USA

Posts: 74
Join Date: January 25th 2013

Re: Why are people so disrespectful to christians in the religious section? - August 16th 2013, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remorse_Angel View Post


You ever hear of a thing, if people don't seem to agree with you, instead of keep answering back, to stop fueling the fire?

That would be the "Mature" thing to do. Ignore it, not everyone in life is going to agree with you and go along with you. The quicker you learn that, the happier your Blood pressure will be in the long run.

Yes Ive hear it plenty of times, Why dont you tell them that, Dont get mad at me because I dont agree
   
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
christians, disrespectful, people, religious, section

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




All material copyright 1998-2018, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct | Complaints

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.