TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Quinn

Smile Do you agree? - December 22nd 2013, 10:01 PM

So I thought about this: I believe that people are born with their sexual orientation. God doesn't make mistakes, I don't think. So it wasn't a mistake for people to be born into an environment where they would be a different religion too. And I think that that applies to everything else also. So, in short, God makes living creatures. God doesn't make mistakes. So, that would mean that however people are, they were meant to be that way. Now that leads to the question, why? If it violates the bible, why would God make us like this? The answer in my opinion is quite simple. God made people like that to teach Christians to be accepting of everyone, even if they violate the bible in some way. Then, I believe that everyone will have a chance to get to Heaven after they die, unless they choose to follow the Devil.

Who agrees? Who disagrees? What are your thoughts on this?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Adam the Fish Offline
The Skittlemeister.
I can't get enough

Name: Adam

Re: Do you agree? - December 22nd 2013, 10:08 PM

I agree that people have no choice in their sexual orientation.

My explanation for this lacks the deities and is more 'God doesn't exist, hence why it can happen without God making a mistake' however as answers shaped around a particular pre-existing theology go, I wouldn't say yours is bad at all.

Skittlify me up...
Adam the Fish | 26/08/12 | 08/10/12 | 02/12/12 | 09/02/13 | 01/06/13 | 30/08/13 | 25/11/13
...spreading happiness and joy around the Internet!
...well, I try, anyway. .......................
private message.visitor message.profile.email
"May we always remember that we are the rainbow."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FixYou♥ Offline
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: Do you agree? - December 22nd 2013, 10:43 PM

My religion teacher at my school was questioned about this by a very insightful guy during my class. We were talking about the ten commandments, and he was asking about the people who are different, and the subject of homosexuality came up.
I, for one, am pansexual, and an very open about it. I also accept everyone, and it seems like this guy does too. The point that she tried to make is that we all have our own choices, and based on who we are written to become, we are both made to be homosexual but also have that choice to be it. We, this guy and I, were both kind of stirred up, and he started saying that what she was trying to say was that, God messes up on some of us and that we are the ones to blame. She said no. So he asked who was to blame? Why should homosexuality or such things like suicide be sins if we love God.

She ended up partially siding with us, because its true. If you love God, who is anyone to judge you?

I for one think that God does have some part of this plan for us, and wanted anyone who is homosexual to find it for themselves and to be able to accept themselves as He accepts us. I believe that we are born with the power of love and hope, and if we keep God in our hearts and minds, then we should be able to have the gift to love whoever we love. I don't think its a choice, I don't think we can just choose to be straight or gay or depressed or different. If that were true, I'm sure we'd all choose to be the mainstream to avoid the harassment or struggles. But we were given our differences for a reason, a reason God knows, and we are to find out. He made us our own story and, though we can't rewrite it, we should cherish it. God knows what he's doing. He doesn't mess up

Closed Thread