TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
iPoetica Offline
Poetica
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Creations

Lightbulb My Beliefs - August 29th 2014, 11:06 AM

I believe in God 1000%.

But I don't believe in the last days - I believe the last days are when you're going to die and when the world is really about to end (literally).

I don't believe being homosexual will send you to hell - Why would a person be sent to hell for loving someone of their choice. Love isn't something we control, so it's not really anybody's fault that they love who they love. That sounds stupid.

I don't believe in most of the "happenings" in the bible - Some of it is scary and just unbelievable. Plus, men wrote the bible. How can I be sure that they didn't get something wrong?

I do love some of the quotes about love though. It's just a reminder that Love is stronger than anything else.

But, I can't tell anybody this at all. Not my family. They are over religious, and take things too far to the extreme. I don't feel like being downed on and talked about because I don't believe in everything as they do. They would just make me feel wrong for even thinking things such as this.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Alex Vause Offline
Barbz <3
Not a n00b

Name: Bri

Re: My Beliefs - August 29th 2014, 02:52 PM

Hey! I read this because I enjoy learning other people's beliefs. While reading I learned that we have similar beliefs . I understand how you feel about not being able to tell your family because my dad is very religious, but he knows my opinions about church and what not.

"Do not Dwell in The past, Do not Dream of the Future, Concentrate the Mind on the Present moment."- Buddha

"A Life Spent Making Mistakes Is Not Only More Honorable, But More Useful Than A Life Doing Nothing." -George Bernard Shaw

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: It goes on." -Robert Frost

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: My Beliefs - August 29th 2014, 07:47 PM

Hey there,

I enjoyed reading about your beliefs. I share some of the same beliefs as you. I don't believe that the bible is 100% correct. I like to read the bible because I think there are some great verses which can be really inspiring.

I can understand why you wouldn't want to talk to your family about this. When you have varying beliefs from your parents and stuff like that sometimes it is best to keep things to yourself. However, it is important to remember that one day you will be able to talk about your beliefs to your friends and family just do so when you are not financially dependent upon them.

If you ever want to chat feel free to message me.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Astrophile. Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Brittany

Re: My Beliefs - August 29th 2014, 07:55 PM

I agree with a lot of what you wrote. I'm not super religious but I believe in God, and I'm also a lesbian. I believe that God loves me and He created me this way for a reason. I don't know what that reason is yet, and who knows if I'll ever figure it out. I'm pretty content with not knowing. I read the Bible for inspiration and although I don't agree with all of it, I still like to see different perspectives.

There is no beauty without some strangeness.
-EAP-

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Twinge Offline
Forever we'll just lay here
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Vint Fall

Re: My Beliefs - August 29th 2014, 08:04 PM

I didn't tell my family in a long time what I believe in until I felt the time was right. Most of them still don't know. But all in all I think it doesn't matter. Beliefs are a very private thing. Nobody you know is obligated to find out, for all you know you may keep it to yourself. Most live that way. Not just because some secrets should remain but also, your beliefs may not be yet as complete and you need to explore the area of faith a bit.
You can still tell your extended-circle of family members, blood related or not, if you think they are open minded enough to understand your current state.
You're facing common sense, I guess a little research on parts you are skeptic about wouldn't hurt.
Good to know you're doing better on the subject. Believing in love will take you far, I'm sure.

I moved back while
my head was turned.

Upside down
closer to the end.

Afraid of the dark
within future times.

I'm drowning there,
my final chase.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
jakal Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: My Beliefs - September 6th 2014, 05:30 PM

Totally agree though I don't believe in God. I believe extraterrestrials created us and that we mistook them for Gods.

"Truth is God." -Ghandi

Closed Thread