TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
jamdoughnut Offline
my other ride's a rainicorn
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jam

talk about jesus - October 26th 2015, 04:14 AM

Just some questions....
is self harm a sin? Is it an offence in anyway? I started thinking about it and about things that happened and things that ive done, and i started scratching at my legs, almost subconciously, and ended up scratching them raw. Does that even count as sh? Ive been clean for about four monthes now but im really not sure about that. And i feel horrible, like i did back then when everything was awful and i keep doing things that i really shoudnt do, things that i do for practically no reason and its really stupid because i know i really shouldnt and i know i should stop and that its only going to hurt me but i end up doing it anyway and i just...im awful. Im catholic, and im really strong in my faith, but im not worthy of any of this. I really just dont deserve any of this, i dont deserve this family or this house or any of these stupid materialistic things. I really dont. Im not worthy. Im not. Im lost, and ive forgotten who i really am, and i really dont know what to do. Im not strong enough to do any of this.
So why does he love us? Or please,remind me, how can he love us? If all we do is constsntly sin and screw everything up for stupid reasons, and we are completely unworthy, then why? Im not worthy, so why would you bother with me? Why bother with this lost cause?

so anyone else out there just want to, or rather, need to talk about jesus? Just some discussion to help? Anything is greatly appreciated, even if no one cares and im just ranting about my own spiritual problems. Sorry this is all over the place, and thanks for reading.
God bless....

I know you are looking for a sea that lies beyond your reach
But im hoping my heart can stop you before you reach the beach
I know you have places to go
I know that you want the sea
But im hoping my heart will grow and that you'll
come back to me.....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Philomath Offline
Love is > your mistakes
I can't get enough

Re: talk about jesus - October 26th 2015, 05:15 AM

Hey,

I am going to send you a PM.
You are not alone.
I will not get around to it until tomorrow but if you do not hear from me by Tuesday, message me because I really want to help you.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: talk about jesus - October 29th 2015, 05:09 PM

Hey Jamari,

I used to be Christian, never Catholic, but let me offer my perspective. I really think when it comes to "Is _____ a sin," it is best to come to that determination yourself through the Bible and prayer. The reason is that you can ask Billy, Joe, and Sue, and they will all offer you different perspectives, possibly leaving you worse off and more confused than when you started. Once you have a definitive opinion, I think this is the best time to search the answers to questions so that you can challenge your perspective, and as a result LEARN.

Paul wrote that whatever does not come from faith is sin (Romans 14:23). Thereby, it is my understanding that since your conscience bothers you, then yes, for you, it is a sin. Regardless of sin, or not, though, it is a terrible habit and if you feel that you might fall back into it, you should seek help from a therapist or school counselor asap. Things that are addictive to us in nature can give us guilt. Which is worrisome for it to perhaps become a habit.

As far as God loving us, God is love (1 John 4:8). How can he do anything but what is his nature? The response in return is to trust that he loves us, regardless of our nature. Remember the Parable of the Lost Son? He went with prostitutes, drank, etc. yet his father welcomed him home. Or David? He is a murderer and adulterer, yet God called him a man after his own heart.

It's just who God is.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me. I used to be a very devout Christian.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

(#4 (permalink)) Old
MWF Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Robert

Re: talk about jesus - October 30th 2015, 03:33 AM

Hey,
I'm a Cat, and while I believe that self harm can be a sin if there is malicious intent, I highly doubt God is gonna hold this against you. Self-consciously scratching your legs? WORD? Nah, your good.
Look at it this way; if God is the embodiment of love, you can screw up far worse than this and His love for you won't change. I remember reading The Shack (good book) and God explains to the main character that if only Satan was willing to let down his guard and apologize, God would accept his apology and embrace him in a second. That goes for everybody, including those in hell, but they are just too prideful to apologize, even if the reward was heaven. And thats the thing; if God created everybody, that means He is our parent, which means He loves us all like children. The way that book explained it (I'm referencing that because Im not in a position to know) is that a (good) father's love can never go away because they have unconditional love for their kids. It was kind of explained this way: Because we are all unique, with our own strengths and weaknesses in personality, God doesn't love us all the same, but that doesn't mean He picks favorites or loves some people more than others. What it means is, He loves us all equally, but in a unique way. We're all different, which makes our relationships with Him all completely special, like a father or mother with each of their children. Its also important to know that good parents will always forgive their children.
Catholic guilt is definitely a thing, especially in children. That's a part of the indoctrination, pretty much. There was a period where I thought Satan was coming for me for masturbating. Please. Thats the thing with sin, everyone's done whatever you've done before, in worse ways. I think he can forgive you for this.

Its a simple concept, what I was trying to get at with the whole parent thing, its just hard to explain. Also note that when I say God I mean the Trinity as a whole.

Wish I lived in Canada. UPDATE, NOV. 9th, 2016: This statement has become even more appropriate.
I vow that I will attack this endeavor with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind. Jim Harbaugh

"Being an adult sucks. The only positives are weed, sex, and cars, and I have none of those right now." -Me

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hatred cannot drive out hatred; only love can do that." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Closed Thread