TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Archerygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

I think I learned telekinesis - June 10th 2016, 06:53 AM

I'm really interested in psychic abilities, so I decided to try it myself. I made a psi wheel made out of paper and meditated for 10 minutes. I didn't have any windows open or a fan on. I sat it down where I was going to use it and stood away from it. It didn't move at all so I sat down right where I was going to attempt to move it. I sat there for a couple of minutes to make sure that my breathing wasn't going to move it. I had my hands around it and didn't move them. After about 15 or 20 minutes of concentrating on it, it moved but in a way that my breathing wouldn't. It moved probably about 3 times and only moved about an inch total. I was a little skeptic so I got up and stood a few feet away. I was barely breathing and it moved when I wanted it to. Also after I stopped I felt really tired and a little sick too. I know it wasn't my imagination and nobody else was in the room. I just want a few opinions on it (please no hate comments!)

Last edited by Celyn; June 10th 2016 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Moving to Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: I think I learned telekinesis - June 10th 2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archerygirl View Post
I'm really interested in psychic abilities, so I decided to try it myself. I made a psi wheel made out of paper and meditated for 10 minutes. I didn't have any windows open or a fan on. I sat it down where I was going to use it and stood away from it. It didn't move at all so I sat down right where I was going to attempt to move it. I sat there for a couple of minutes to make sure that my breathing wasn't going to move it. I had my hands around it and didn't move them. After about 15 or 20 minutes of concentrating on it, it moved but in a way that my breathing wouldn't. It moved probably about 3 times and only moved about an inch total. I was a little skeptic so I got up and stood a few feet away. I was barely breathing and it moved when I wanted it to. Also after I stopped I felt really tired and a little sick too. I know it wasn't my imagination and nobody else was in the room. I just want a few opinions on it (please no hate comments!)
Hey there,

So first of all, psi wheels are very interesting, but I'd like to tell you that there is virtually no scientific evidence that they are 'real' so-to-speak. In fact in every study to demonstrate telekinesis in a lab-type setting has been debunked. That is, there aren't any lab studies which show telekinesis exists. Thus, the likelihood that what you performed was telekinesis is ultimately very low. That said, magic 'tricks' can be very fascinating, and perhaps learning on the SCIENCE behind why these things work, and how to do them, could be to your benefit. Why? Because then you can perform them, but still know what processes allow these things to work in the manner they do.

With Psi Wheels, there are any number of natural variables that could've caused this. Based on what you told me, I would imagine it was convection from your hands. Convection circulates hot/cold material like the heater in your house, i.e. hot air rises, cold air 'sinks. Or like ice cubes in a glass of water. The water is continually moving because the cold water molecules on top of the glass from the ice, sink to the bottom, and the warmer water at the bottom of the glass rises to be cooled by the ice, so on and so forth until the glass is entirely cooled. Here's an example of convection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCO90hvEL1I

Essentially anything could be causing the convection, but based on your description, it could've been your hands around the wheel or even near it. Your body temperature, especially in your hands, is warm from your blood flow. This can cause air around it to expel upwards (convection) and cause the wheel to rotate (simply from the angle of it). It's really just simple physics. I'm sure you can even find lab experiments doing this. Your hands don't even need to be especially warm to cause the convection to occur.

Anyways, good luck on your journey.

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Archerygirl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Chloe

Re: I think I learned telekinesis - June 10th 2016, 06:55 PM

Okay so I read about the convection thing, and I tried to see if it would happen. I had my hands around it for a few minutes doing nothing and it moved. Though it barely moved and when it did it was wobbly not moving smoothly like when I think I did telekinesis. Oh also after I did it I stood up and was too far for my hands to affect it

(#4 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Michael

Re: I think I learned telekinesis - June 10th 2016, 11:25 PM

Heat doesn't need to be applied permanently for something to convect, nor is it an immediate process. It can take several seconds, like tens of seconds, before you see the visible affects of it. Convection isn't just dependent on one thing, either. The conditions in which it happened may have been a better environment for convection. I.e. Different universe temperature, different amount of heat transfer from your hands, the proximity of your hands, the surface it was on, even the air at the time of doing it. After looking up more on psi wheels, it seems very likely to be convection. I just assumed based on what you told me, but there are even people doing it on YouTube where it spins more than yours did just from the heat transfer off their hands. By off chance do you remember what type of shoes you were wearing, if any?

"For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love."
- Carl Sagan

Closed Thread