TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Religion and Spirituality, Science and Philosophy Use this forum to discuss what you believe in. This is a place where everyone may share their views freely.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
CanadaCraig Offline
GREAT BIG HUG
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Craig

FAITH - April 15th 2017, 04:38 PM

Hello!

I hope you're OK.

The Bible tells us that FAITH no bigger than the size of a mustard seed can move mountains. What does that mean to YOU? To ME... that's one of those basic TRUTHS. It's something that 'works' not just for those who believe in God but for everyone. This is why evil men flourish. An evil man who has faith can move many mountains. Hitler was a man of great faith.

We can have faith in many different things. Sadly, many of us have faith [Which means to have complete trust or confidence in someone or something] in an IDEA that keeps us from realizing our full and true potential. Something negative that we have come to believe about ourselves. Perhaps a bully's words have become part of our identity. Or maybe we were raised in a dysfunctional environment and were surrounded by people who always looked for the worst in others. Wherever it came from - our FAITH in a destructive IDEA has served no other purpose than to hold us back. And that's sad.

But we can do something about that. We can choose what we have FAITH in. Some people find great comfort in having faith in God. While others focus more specifically on the 'power of positive thinking'. Whatever it is - do NOT ASSUME that life cannot get better for you. Do NOT ASSUME that how your life has been up to now is a blueprint for how your life has to be in the future. DECIDE to have FAITH in something or someone that will empower you and lift you UP. Have FAITH in all that is GOOD!

GREAT BIG HUG
Craig!

Be sure to LIKE my LOVE THE BULLY Facebook Page

I am a 53 year old guy living in Victoria B.C. CANADA - I joined TH on January 11th, 2003

I have been a TeenHelp Member for more than 14 YEARS!

Last edited by CanadaCraig; April 15th 2017 at 06:50 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I've been here a while

Name: Raven

Re: FAITH - April 16th 2017, 12:13 AM

Hey Craig! I moved your thread to Religion and Spirituality as I think it's more suited to this forum.

Have a good day!

19.12.15|14.07.16|11.2.17
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

Closed Thread