TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Dizzy Heights. Offline
Everybody has something
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Theo

Smile The New Kid - November 13th 2012, 08:48 PM

Hey lads, ladies and everybody else on the gender spectrum!

I'm Theo, I'm 20 and badly wanting to go back to the days of eating play dough at pre school, and I'm from Penzance which is a beautiful seaside town in Cornwall.

A little about me? I'm currently working as a barber which I guess makes me Edward Scissorhands' brother. I'm mixed race, my mum's English and my dad's Jamaican. I'm a pretty active person, I love football and play for the local team as a striker and spend quite a lot of time in the gym. I've been dancing since the age of 10, street, urban, hip-hop, and break dance are my preferred styles. Music is my way of dealing with my emotions, a pad, a pen and my guitar is my idea of therapy. A gingerbread latte and carrot cake from Starbucks are a match made in heaven. Oh, and I like Jaffa Cakes, a lot.

My little brother has quite severe downs syndrome which has unfortunately left him wheelchair bound. It breaks my heart to see his quality of life have taken such a battering at such a young age but I do all that I can to raise money and support charities who support the cause.

I'm also a huge advocate against domestic violence and abuse as this is something I've witnessed first hand and that has affected my family in the past.

I decided to join the site because I love speaking to new people and I like decent conversation that goes beyond talking about the weather. I'm also hoping that some of my past experiences such as the ones mentioned above will help me to help others.

It's nice to meet you all and I hope to talk to some of you soon.

Just because you're hurt, doesn't mean you're broken.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CorsaDan Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: The New Kid - November 13th 2012, 09:15 PM

Hey there, i myself have just joined the site. :-) everyone here is real friendly so i'm sure you will settle in fine :-) i myself have my own problems but once i have them sorted i am more than willing to give my support and advice to those who need it. :-) i'm sorry to hear about your brother, but your staying strong and believing! Thats all that matters. Hope you enjoy your stay.

P.s i also write songs as therapy for my problems. Works so well!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: The New Kid - November 13th 2012, 09:19 PM

Hey there, I'm Jay and I give you a friendly hehe, it is great to have you here, and I am sorry about your brother!
I hope to see you around, and I thank you for any advice you may be able to impart into the young lives of those on this site

Catch you around,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: The New Kid - November 14th 2012, 04:44 AM

Hi, Theo! I'm Christabel, great meeting you. <3
I'm sorry to hear about your brother's hardships. He's lucky having a brother like you that cares so much and is staying strong. Good luck to you and your family, hope yall' can recover from this.
If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM/VM me anytime. Hope you like it here!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Dizzy Heights. Offline
Everybody has something
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Theo

Re: The New Kid - November 14th 2012, 07:10 AM

Thank you for all of welcome messages, it's real nice of you all

As for my brother, he's a true inspiration to me and one of the happiest little boys that you will ever meet. He really puts things into perspective and makes me realise just how truly lucky I am.

I hope to see you all around!

Just because you're hurt, doesn't mean you're broken.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: The New Kid - November 14th 2012, 04:50 PM

Heyy, I'm Kayla welcome to the site, if you have any questions or just want someone to talk to feel free to message me anytime

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Eternal Offline
Lead Moderator

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: The New Kid - November 15th 2012, 01:32 AM

Hi there! I absolutely love Starbuck's gingerbread latte, but they aren't making them anymore where I live.
But anyways, if you have any questions just ask me or another buddy. I hope you're figuring things out okay!

And here you are living, despite it all.
Lead Moderator | Disputes Committee | HelpLINK Mentor

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Lumos. Offline
Used to be Don'tForget
I can't get enough

Name: Dionna

Re: The New Kid - November 15th 2012, 04:53 AM

Hi there! Welcome to Teenhelp! I'm Dionna, very nice to meet you. Hope you find your way around.

From day one I talked about getting out
But not forgetting about
How all my worst fears are letting out
He said, "Why put a new address on the same old loneliness?"
When breathing just passes the time
Until we all just get old and die
  Send a message via Skype™ to Lumos. 
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Palmolive Offline
Purr Purr Purr.
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jessie

Re: The New Kid - November 15th 2012, 10:42 AM

Hi there

I'm Jessie, good to meet you! I'm a HelpLINK mentor on the site. I'm sorry to hear about your brother, that must be really hard for both you and your family. I bet you're a wonderful brother to him though! If you get stuck with anything on the site, feel free to PM me or message a buddy; they'll always be more than willing to help you out

Hope to see you around :-)

"Only in the dark, can you see the stars..."
Josie 12/3/2014, always in my heart. Sue 19/2/2016; Peter, Ellie, Hannah, Andy, Kirtsie RIP.

Helplink Mentor l Article writer l Forum mod l Community Mod

(#10 (permalink)) Old
~Divergent~ Offline
Struggling again.
I've been here a while

Name: Hailey

Re: The New Kid - November 18th 2012, 03:05 AM

Hi Theo, I'm Hailey! Welcome to TH! I can relate to the situation with your brother, because my brother has been battling cancer for 2 years now, but he is also one of the happiest, craziest kids you'll ever meet! Feel free to message me any time. It's great to meet you!

Member since 9/27/12
Buddy since 9/14/13

Closed Thread