TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Time to move on - December 26th 2012, 03:31 PM

Hey everyone,

So, as some of you will probably have figured out from the title already, I've decided it's time for me to move on. I've been a part of TeenHelp for the last 7 years or so now, and in that time I've both been helped and hopefully helped a few people out along the way. But the rate at which I've been contributing (beyond the Debates forum, less said about which the better perhaps!) has been declining for a while now, and I've realised it's not going to get any better. Life is pulling me along in a new direction, and unfortunately continuing to contribute to TeenHelp doesn't seem to be part of that. So rather than just meander along for a bit and draw out the inevitable, I've decided that I'm going to make a clean break as of the end of this year.

Being part of this community has been a real privilege. There have been highs, and a few lows as well, but what strikes me above all is the fact that in an increasingly cynical age there is still a strong sense of support, compassion and camaraderie among the young - and as I'm 25 I feel I can get away with putting it like that now! But I digress. It's really encouraging to see, and I ask only that you don't lose sight of that in the years ahead. They're very good qualities to take into the wider world, and much needed ones too.

All the best everyone, and take care.

Dave

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Regular TeenHelper

Name: jen

Re: Time to move on - December 26th 2012, 03:35 PM

if you ever need someone to talk to . pm me anytime please

just done...
  Send a message via Yahoo to I love my baby Forever Send a message via Skype™ to I love my baby Forever 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Time to move on - December 26th 2012, 03:41 PM

Hey Dave

I've never gotten a chance to talk to you during my time on here but I've seen you a lot around here, especially the Debates Forum. I think that that Forum will miss your presence the most. It has always been a pleasure to read your posts in there.

I wish you the very best of luck with your life!
May you never come across any situation that brings you back here, but if you do, just know that we're always here to give you all the support that you might need.

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Stay determined
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Cara

Re: Time to move on - December 26th 2012, 03:51 PM

Hi Dave!

I'll be sad to see you go since I do enjoy reading your replies in the debates forum but I hope that life works out okay for you and everything goes to plan

If at anytime you feel the need to come back then you'll be more than welcome. Take care!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Time to move on - December 26th 2012, 08:48 PM

Hey, Dave!
It's a shame I haven't gotten to speak to you before but still sad you're leaving. I completely understand why though. I respect that and hope life pulls you in the direction you want. Just always stay strong and hopeful.

Good luck. May the force be with you.

~ Christabel

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Thereishope Offline
Skittles Minion & Fish Thrower
I can't get enough

Name: Michael

Re: Time to move on - December 27th 2012, 09:35 AM

We never talked, that I'm aware of. I do wish you the best though!

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Coffee. Offline
Condom Queen
TeenHelp Addict

Name: Traci

Re: Time to move on - December 27th 2012, 10:36 AM

Dave, I'm going to miss debating with you. Have a great life, I know great things are in your future.

I said to the sun, "Tell me about the big bang"
& the sun said “it hurts to become."
Andrea Gibson, "I Sing The Body Electric; Especially When My Power Is Out"
  Send a message via MSN to Coffee.  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Time to move on - December 27th 2012, 10:53 AM

OH wow, Dave,

We only talked once or twice, and often enough I was stuck in your typical, every day type of debate (sarcasm, there is a unique aspect to every debate I come across).

I hope you have an amazing life, and if you ever do want to come back, feel free of course

I will miss your colourful insight around the forums,

Take care,

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
I can't get enough

Name: Kayla Christine.

Re: Time to move on - December 28th 2012, 07:48 PM

I have seen you around a lot in the past, but either or, take care of yourself, if you do wish to come back, know we are all here for you.

Take care.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Obliviate Offline
Mother of Dragons
I've been here a while

Re: Time to move on - December 29th 2012, 11:32 AM

It always makes me laugh when I see you completely annihilate people in the debates forum and I don't think teen help will be the same place without you.

I hope life is kind to you and that you have a good one.

Au Revoir

(#11 (permalink)) Old
EmisaurusRex Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Em

Re: Time to move on - December 31st 2012, 06:41 PM

It'll be weird to not see you around! You've contributed a lot around here. I totally understand, though. I wish you the best for the new direction that life is taking you! Thanks for your encouraging words. You'll be missed around here!

Great works are performed not by strength, but by perseverance.
PM me anytime <3

(#12 (permalink)) Old
dr2005 Offline
Legal Beagle
I can't get enough

Name: Dave

Re: Time to move on - January 1st 2013, 12:13 AM

Thanks for all the messages everyone - really appreciate them. Wasn't an easy decision to make but it's the right one on balance. Still, I'm a firm believer in "never say never" so will keep an open mind, and in the meantime I leave with some good memories. And yes, Traci, it's going to feel strange not debating with you for me too!

As it's now 2013 here, in accordance with what I said before it's now time for me to sign off. Once again, all the best, take care and farewell but hopefully not goodbye.

Dave

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom

However bleak things seem, however insurmountable the darkness appears, remember that you have worth and nothing can take that away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMFG!You'reActuallySmart! View Post
If you're referring to dr2005's response, it's not complex, however, he has a way with words .
RIP Nick

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Validity Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Jay
Location: In the deep, dark, treacherous place called my mind. Oh and Australia!

Re: Time to move on - January 1st 2013, 12:28 AM

Good luck, mate. Hopefully not a goodbye. Hope to see you again one day.

Jay.

Buddy since 18/11/12 LiveHelp Operator since 22/12/12 Add me on Facebook Jay Louise Shorrock!
A whisper in the dark; is better than silence in the light. -Courtesy of your's truly.
My blog is open to all, those whom are easily triggered avoid, it's a story about a girl and her life and how far she has come over the years. If you read it, I hope it inspires you to keep fighting and to NEVER give up!

When you can no longer think of a reason to continue, you must think of a reason to start over.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Time to move on - January 1st 2013, 01:09 AM

I never really took the opportunity to talk to you, which I regret. But, I've seen you around the site (particularly the Debates forum) quite a bit since I started here. Like Charlotte said, it's going to be strange not seeing you annihilate people, but I wish you the best in 2013 and the rest of your life. Take care of yourself, Dave.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#15 (permalink)) Old
WashoutThePain Offline
=]
Outside, huh?

Name: Ask Away!

Re: Time to move on - January 1st 2013, 02:02 AM

This chick ain't saying goodbye. <3 Talk soon, Dave.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
oldaccount Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Time to move on - January 3rd 2013, 05:46 AM

Hey, it's sad tosee you go, but I wish you luck! Take care of yourself!

Closed Thread