TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Name: lauri

September 3rd 2017, 02:22 AM

hi, I'm sort of new. I used to come on here a long time ago. Like 4 years ago. Lots of changed and I realize lately I really need an out let so I came back despite not really liking how people treated me here in the past. People here were always starting drama, being way too judgemental and picking on me. They of course never seemed to get in trouble, which isn't right. I got way too emotionally involved when I was on here if that's the right word to use. To the point, what you guys said to me and how you treated me really affected me to the point I got depressed, angry, sad, and so on. Which looking back was stupid because you guys are people that I will never meet and people that really don't give a sh it about me. So why was I letting you guys hurt me so badly and let it affect me soo much when its just the internet people ill never meet you, so stupid.

So now im going to not let that happen and just not get so so emotionally invested and involved whatever you want to call it. Any ways lots of things have changed in my life. I now have a B.A in psychology which im so proud of . I suck at grammar and don't care and don't want to be made fun of for that because who cares if my grammar sucks, is this an English class? NOPE.

I'll be 25 on Sept 29. So I would like to talk to people in my age group on here and have people in my age group respond to my posts.

I'm new. How do I get into chat? It's saying I have to register. But I am obviously registered and it still won't let me in chat.

Last edited by Hypothesis.; September 3rd 2017 at 03:35 AM. Reason: Merging posts. :)

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Concinnity Offline
Go gold.
Not a n00b

Name: Hailey

Re: new, chat - September 3rd 2017, 02:44 AM

Hey there! I haven't used the chat room yet so I'm not sure about that, sorry! But welcome to TeenHelp. I'm sure that someone else can help you figure out the chat room.

"Chase your stars, fool. Life is short."

(#3 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: new, chat - September 3rd 2017, 02:57 AM

If you are having trouble with chat I suggest messaging eaty since she is chat officer.

It might take her a while to get back to you though.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#4 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

new. life - September 3rd 2017, 03:13 AM

hi, I'm sort of new. I used to come on here a long time ago. Like 4 years ago. Any ways, I also wanted to say. I don't get how people can be on here for years or any sites kind of like this for years like consistently. Those people must have no life lol. Like seriously I don't get how a person can stay on sites like this for years. I for some reason will eventually like forget to log in and life will get busy that I just don't log in anymore to the point a year or years will pass since I log in.
So I don't get how people can stay on here for years and years, must have no life. Like I used to go on edited and I was a listener on that site. I eventually I guess just got bored or life just got busy and haven't been on the site for a while. Oh and a while back I went on this other chat site I used to go on just to see who was still there. There was a lady that I used to chat with, STILL ON THERE, I was like omg you're still here you still come on here almost every day for about she had to on that site for like 5 years now going on more if shes still on it.
I just don't get how people can stay on a site for soo long , for so many years. They must have no life. I work so much that when I get home sometimes i just want to eat dinner and watch tv and then bed , nothing else. So i might be on here for a few months but they life gets busy and tiring that i just for some reason forget to sign in, or don't any more because after work i just want to you know chill instead of coming on here.

i love to help people, so don't say well it's because we love to help people. I love to help people too but I still don't stay on sites for years and years consistently. Right now I have a B.A in psychology and hope to go to my masters to get my LPC.

Last edited by Hypothesis.; September 3rd 2017 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Please don't name competitor sites. :) Also moving to more appropriate forum.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Hypothesis. Offline
Not significant.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 3rd 2017, 03:35 AM

Hey,

I've merged your threads together because they all appear to be pretty much related to one another and about being new!

I hope that you enjoy it here a bit more now! Sometimes a fresh start can be really useful after all, and there are also new people who you may be able to encounter.

You definitely should be proud of the BA in Psychology as well! It puts you one step closer to your dreams and also shows that you worked super hard. It's definitely not an easy major! I have a Psychology minor, but my major is Public Health and I'll have my BS in December. What were some of your favorite Psych classes?

Your grammar is also fine. Nobody here should correct you.

As for Chat, I see you as idle on my online list, so does that mean you figured it out?

I'm one of those people that have been on the site for a long time. For me my activity varies depending what I'm doing, but I definitely put my real life first! I didn't have as much of a "life" before college but now I have people I do things with consistently and also have a lot of schoolwork to get done (just finished an essay, woo!). I'd say a lot of people change their activity levels based on what they have to do in their lives. If they have free time, this is a familiar place to them so they come back, plus they've probably made some friends that they enjoy talking to.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 3rd 2017, 03:50 AM

Okay, thanks. Yes, I figured out where the chat is. Yeah, some classes were hard like statistics, yuck. I liked abnormal psychology, adolescent, and developmental psychology. Well lucky you. I made no friends in college }: which was very depressing. I try so hard to make friends but don't. It hurts.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 3rd 2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauridoglover View Post
Okay, thanks. Yes, I figured out where the chat is. Yeah, some classes were hard like statistics, yuck. I liked abnormal psychology, adolescent, and developmental psychology. Well lucky you. I made no friends in college }: which was very depressing. I try so hard to make friends but don't. It hurts.

I majored in psychology for a bit and I hated statistics as well as research methods. I liked the content in abnormal psychology but not the teacher so that ended up making the class difficult.

I struggled a lot with making friends in college as well. I mean, none of the friends I have made over the years were made on my college campus. It can definitely be a struggle to not make friends easily.

I am still learning how to actually let people in and make friends.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 3rd 2017, 06:29 AM

Oh hey lauri, i do remember you. We used to talk a lot through this and email. Do you remember me? How have you been?

-Michael

(#9 (permalink)) Old
MorbidDaisies Offline
< < > >

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Delwen

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 3rd 2017, 10:32 AM

Hey!

Welcome back to TeenHelp!

breathe. it's just a bad day, not a bad life.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 3rd 2017, 11:22 AM

Welcome back! I don't think we've come across each other before but it's always good to have members return. Whether they want support for themselves and/or want to help others. Congratulations on having a B.A. in Psychology! It sounds very interesting

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I cant help, Im always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#11 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 4th 2017, 02:50 AM

yes I remember you. Thanks. Yeah, not every class is fun and not so good professors sadly can sometimes ruin the class.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
Markus Offline
Professional Human

Junior TeenHelper

Name: Marcus

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 4th 2017, 03:53 PM

Welcome back!

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Lexify. Offline
Outside, huh?

Name: Lexi.

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 9th 2017, 08:24 PM

Welcome back to TeenHelp! I don't believe that we've spoken but it's great that you decided to return!

I look forward to seeing you around the site.

(#14 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 11th 2017, 04:45 AM

Welcome back to Teenhelp!

If you ever need anything, feel free to message me.

(#15 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 14th 2017, 01:39 AM

Welcome back! I think I remember you! Your name (Lauri) sounds familiar

You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

(#16 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 14th 2017, 02:26 AM

yeah. Hi all

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Proud90sKid Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: .

Re: new. life - September 18th 2017, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauridoglover View Post
S Oh and a while back I went on this other chat site I used to go on just to see who was still there. There was a lady that I used to chat with, STILL ON THERE, I was like omg you're still here you still come on here almost every day for about she had to on that site for like 5 years now going on more if shes still on it.
I just don't get how people can stay on a site for soo long , for so many years. They must have no life. .

Tbh, I find this post very off-putting and rude. First you come on here and complain about this site, then you explain how those of us who have been loyal to this site "have no life".. Maybe if you were friendlier you'd get better responses from people and not get banned this time.
This is your old profile:
http://www.teenhelp.org/users/lauri/

I have a job, social life, and school and guess what? I have still signed on here at least every few months. What's wrong with that? How does that make me have "no life"? LOL

Last edited by Proud90sKid; September 18th 2017 at 10:02 PM.

(#18 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 18th 2017, 11:24 AM

hey welcome back,

I have been on this site for 10 years and I actually do have a life. I am on here because I love helping people and it helps me too. There are actually a lot of people that have been on this site as long as me or even longer, and I know they have lifes too.

I wanted to major in psychology but school just brought out my mental health issues and I had to quit.

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability|
|PM/VM|

(#19 (permalink)) Old
lauridoglover Offline
Not a n00b

Re: new. introduction. mental health - September 20th 2017, 03:15 AM

wow, long time. Sorry to hear. I hope you can one day push through and chase your dreams.

Closed Thread