TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Hi - December 1st 2018, 03:29 PM

My name is Melody and I am 15 years old. I have been lurking around this site for sometime now and didn't really ever know if I'd join or not because I could never find anything that really relates to the situation I went through in my life and I don't really think anyone can help me out with it. I am seeing a Psychiatrist and Therapist which is helping, but I am not going to go into the situation here at least right now because I have trust issues. I will however explain several of the issues that I go through pretty much daily because of this 6 month ordeal I went through. I suffer from PTSD, Trust Issues, Nightmares/Night Terrors, Panic Attacks, Severe Anxiety and Depression, and mostly the ability to leave my house without someone with me. When I am at school I have a what is called a Mentor/Tutor with me at all times. This ordeal has also affected my family(Parents, Older Brother, and Younger Sister) as we pretty much had to move across country. It was not so bad for my Dad as he just transferred jobs, but my Mom had to find a new job. When we moved my older brother was starting his Senior Year in High School so he had to start a new school. My little sister also has nightmares and wakes up thinking that the situation is still ongoing. So I do hope this setting can help me at least form some friendships and I will try to open up more in the future. I do try and live my life as a normal teenager as much as I can now. My friends that I have opened up to and teachers have all supported me. I do Cheerleading at my school and get pretty good grades as well.

Last edited by Unchained Melody; December 1st 2018 at 07:12 PM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
I'm only human...

Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Court

Re: Hi - December 1st 2018, 04:42 PM

Hi there Melody, welcome to TeenHelp! My name is Court if you have any questions please let me know. I too have trust issues so I know somewhat what you're going through as far as that goes, and just know that we are here whenever and if you ever feel up to sharing

I can do it
I'll get through it
But Iím only human
And I bleed when I fall down
Iím only human
And I crash and I break down
Your words in my head, knives in my heart
You build me up and then I fall apart
'Cause Iím only human, yeah

"Human" by Christina Perri

HelpLINK Mentor / Community Mentor
Forum Moderator / Community Moderator / Chat Moderator

Just breathe and believe.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Luminescence. Offline
Average Joe

Name: Jenna

Re: Hi - December 1st 2018, 04:43 PM

Hey there, welcome to TeenHelp! I hope you find the support you are looking for on this website. I would also like to point out some helpful resources TeenHelp provides for those who want to reach out, and not just on the forums.
- HelpLINK
- LiveHelp
- Support and Advice Room within the Chat feature.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out via PM. I hope to see you around!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Hi - December 1st 2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breathe and Believe View Post
Hi there Melody, welcome to TeenHelp! My name is Court if you have any questions please let me know. I too have trust issues so I know somewhat what you're going through as far as that goes, and just know that we are here whenever and if you ever feel up to sharing
Hi Court, I hope members don't feel I am coming across as rude, but all I ask is for some time to open up. It took me over a month to open up with my Therapist about what I went through and she had the basics from the Police Report and she was a professional. I will open up, but it will take some time. In the mean time I will talk about the issues I suffer from and hopefully can lend a hand to those who also suffer from them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminescence. View Post
Hey there, welcome to TeenHelp! I hope you find the support you are looking for on this website. I would also like to point out some helpful resources TeenHelp provides for those who want to reach out, and not just on the forums.
- HelpLINK
- LiveHelp
- Support and Advice Room within the Chat feature.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out via PM. I hope to see you around!
Thank You very much. Like I said I lurked around here for awhile before joining and although Chat is not something I am going to get into, I really like the other features here.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Melancholia. Offline
Devil Dez

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Hi - December 1st 2018, 11:40 PM

Welcome to the site! I am sorry to hear that you are going through so much but I hope we are able to help in some way.

Let it come and let it be...

Send a message via Yahoo to Melancholia.  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Hi - December 1st 2018, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melancholia. View Post
Welcome to the site! I am sorry to hear that you are going through so much but I hope we are able to help in some way.
Thank You so much. I have come a long way believe it or not. The site seems great and the members here seem really genuine so I really think this will be a positive experience for me.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Sophrosyne Offline
The Cute Half

I can't get enough

Name: Raven

Re: Hi - December 2nd 2018, 02:12 AM

Hey! Welcome to TH! No one will think you’re rude if you take a while to open up, I know a lot of us do the same. I look forward to seeing you around!

19.12.15|14.07.16|11.2.17
Clothed in strength and dignity,
and laughs without fear of the future.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Hi - December 2nd 2018, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophrosyne View Post
Hey! Welcome to TH! No one will think youíre rude if you take a while to open up, I know a lot of us do the same. I look forward to seeing you around!
Thank U, everyone here is so friendly.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: Hi - December 2nd 2018, 12:51 PM

Welcome to TeenHelp, Melody! I'm sorry to hear all that you and your family have struggled with. It sounds like a nightmare for you all. But it's really good that you are taking steps to move forward in your life and lovely to hear that you have supportive friends and teachers too. Hope you find our community just as supportive as well! See you around

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Hi - December 2nd 2018, 02:09 PM

Thank U so much Holly. I am finding it here quite friendly and welcoming.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Freedom. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: Hi - December 11th 2018, 04:40 AM

Hello there Melody.

Welcome to Teenhelp.

If you ever need anything, you can always message me.