TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
reflecting Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Thumbs up Greetings ;) - December 3rd 2009, 06:12 PM

In advance, I'd like to apologize for typos/grammatical errors/confusing sentence structures. English isn't my first language.

Anyway...

I suppose I should make myself available now that I have joined. Ah, but my inability to properly introduce myself whenever I join a new site/forum never ceases to frustrate me. The clichéd question "where to begin?" is growing tiresome, but remains the first one to come to mind.

I guess I should go about this logically...at the beginning, as they say. So, I'm a girl, born in Sweden. That much you can probably tell from a quick glance at my profile here. I still live in Sweden, but will be graduating what is known as "High School" in particularly the USA (won't even begin to explain the differences in the school system; I get a headache just thinking about it). So experiencing the usual stress and pressure of a looming future, but for this generation a financial crisis is added as a bonus. Romantic plans of travels and fulfilling of dreams seems a tad bit further away.

That doesn't say much about me though, apart from a desire to travel and a tendency to ramble. Which, I suppose, are good enough traits to mention.

To do a quick resume of my likes and dislikes though, I should probably being with drawing, and writing. I love it. Music too, although just listening, since I have no musical talents to speak of what-so-ever. My scores on singstar are embarrassingly low.

My taste in music probably reflects my taste in most things. I like a little bit of that, and a little bit of that. Reggae, ska, blues, jazz, rock, pop, country, house, techno, indie rock/pop, alt. rock, classical, old school....(my knowledge in genres leaves much to be desired, however). Nina Simone, Taj Mahal, Lisa Ekdahl, Melissa Horn, Svenska Akademien, Movits, Kulturiation, Nancy Sinatra, the Beatles, Mody and Laleh are some of my favourite artists/groups. Oh, and I'm the same mess with clothes; red and black squared pants, scarf and Bob Marley t-shirt one day and the next light jeans with a pink top, followed by flower-y dresses and green legwarmers. Contrasts, that's what my closet and music library consists of.

I'm pretty self-conscious though, and have a hard time to accept compliments. My belief in myself is lacking, which makes describing myself a little hard. I'm quite aware of my own self-image, and other's image of myself. I try to be, anyway. I can't say I'm no good without feeling bothered since I know someone thinks the opposite. Yet my I can't bring myself to believe them. See the evil circle?

Anyway, not here to branch off in philosophical musings...sorry. I mentioned I tend to ramble, and I meant it. Side-tracked? Happens all the time.

I also like anime, and books with genres like fantasy. Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman are two of my favourite authors. Chocolate and kebab are a constant source of temptation I find very hard to resist; it should be illegal for something to taste so good.

So what don't I like then, apart from myself sometimes? Oh, I loathe potatoes. A weird quirk of mine, I guess, but damn. I didn't even eat it as a baby. I do eat chips though, but not fries. The smell makes me queasy.

I have a rather strong dislike for prejudices and narrow-mindedness as well. Everyone had prejudices, some are just aware of them and don't act on them. I'm one of those. I don't like those who isn't. To use a simple example, there's a difference between associating certain people with certain things, and associating certain people to those things and believing it's the only truth.

Anyway, to back-track a little...I said I love writing and drawing. Add reading to that as well. You know during language lessons, if you read Spanish or German or French or whatever, the first couple of times? When you learn how to ask for names, ages and well-being? Whenever I arrive to the "what are your hobbies?" part I'm always kind of stumped. I hate sports, I can't play an instrument, I don't have a large circle of friends available. The only things I do regularly are sitting in front of the computer drawing, reading or writing. Sounds boring every time I say it, but to me, it's enjoyable. It's what I like to do.

Speaking of languages....I've been studying English since I was 8 years old. I was able to understand some before that, mostly because of the fact that we don't dub things in Sweden, only sub, and I was, and am, an avid fan of James Bond. Used to watch those movies a lot as a kid. Anyway, I read French for 6 years, am on my 3rd and final year of my school's Spanish course and I'm taking German during my last year now as well. None of those have appealed to me as English has; I actually prefer using English over Swedish most of the time. Especially when writing, or reading. Another weird thing, I've been told.

I actually think I've reached some kind of unspoken limit to this thing. I've probably written too much, as I'm known to do. I think a lost a lot of readers after the first paragraph...

Well, if you've come this far, thanks! I'm glad you took time to check this out. Maybe I'll see you around

Take care!,
reflecting

(#2 (permalink)) Old
zumbaqueen2012 Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Greetings ;) - December 3rd 2009, 06:54 PM

Hi there!! I'm Mia
Welcome to TH. I'm glad you decided to join us here. I'm sure you'll be given a warm welcome.
That was a looong introduction but its always good to get to know people.
Hope to see you around soon

x
  Send a message via MSN to zumbaqueen2012  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Briana Offline
A strong fighter
I can't get enough

Name: Bri

Re: Greetings ;) - December 3rd 2009, 07:41 PM

Hey reflecting,
That was a good introduction!
If you ever have any questions about the site just let myself any other Buddy know. We are more than happy to help you out. Also make sure you read through this: www.teenhelp.org/howto there you can learn more about the site and how things work around here. Also, check out the chat rooms, they are a great way to meet new people and make some friends. I hope to see you around soon.

"We accept the love we think we deserve."
"In that moment, I swear, we were Infinite."
"There's an I in Illness
and a We in Wellness."

(#4 (permalink)) Old
arepo Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Greetings ;) - December 4th 2009, 10:58 AM

Welcome to TeenHelp!
I hope you enjoy your time here, it's a pretty great site. It's a great place to get or give advice/support and you'll meet some amazing people.
Oh, I like anime quite alot too. Mostly Naruto, maybe I spelled that right, but I also like alot of other!
Anyways, see you around! (=

“There is nothing beautiful about the wreckage of a human being.
There is nothing pretty about damage, about pain, about heartache.
What is beautiful is their strength, their resilience, their fortitude
as they display an ocean of courage when they pick through the
wreckage of their life to build something beautiful brand new,
against every odd that is stacked against them.” — Nikita Gill

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Lotus Eater Offline
You are not alone.
Experienced TeenHelper

Re: Greetings ;) - December 4th 2009, 11:51 AM

Hello, and welcome to TeenHelp You did a great job with the introduction, don't worry

We seem to have some similar interests. Chocolate, for one :P

Hope you enjoy it here. And, it's true what they say... you really do become addicted because everyone's simply so nice and friendly.. I can't stop raving about it

You have me.
Until every last star in the galaxy dies.
You have me.

- Amie Kaufman

NEED TO VENT? CLICK HERE.
Never forget, you are not alone. ♥

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Bibliophile Offline
I can't get enough

Re: Greetings ;) - December 4th 2009, 12:21 PM

Hey there, I'm Rie!
You're English is really good! If you ever need any help with English or any other aspect of your life just let me know. :]
Here's a link to the Chat Room! You'll find a lot of members around here know each other! The Chat Room is a great way to get to know people!
I hope to see you around!
Rie.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
reflecting Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Greetings ;) - December 4th 2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little mia View Post
Hi there!! I'm Mia
Welcome to TH. I'm glad you decided to join us here. I'm sure you'll be given a warm welcome.
That was a looong introduction but its always good to get to know people.
Hope to see you around soon

x
Thank you! And yes, I know, whenever I write it always becomes quite long. Not the best quality, I suppose. But yeah, thanks again for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briana View Post
Hey reflecting,
That was a good introduction!
If you ever have any questions about the site just let myself any other Buddy know. We are more than happy to help you out. Also make sure you read through this: there you can learn more about the site and how things work around here. Also, check out the chat rooms, they are a great way to meet new people and make some friends. I hope to see you around soon.
Thank you! I'll be sure to reach out if help is needed; it's very nice to know you're welcomed here! Thanks for links and suggestions as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobcake View Post
Welcome to TeenHelp!
I hope you enjoy your time here, it's a pretty great site. It's a great place to get or give advice/support and you'll meet some amazing people.
Oh, I like anime quite alot too. Mostly Naruto, maybe I spelled that right, but I also like alot of other!
Anyways, see you around! (=
Thank you! From what I've seen so far, it seems like a very nice site indeed! But yes, it's spelt correctly. Not a big fan of Naruto myself though, but I followed it for a few years before giving up on it :P But yes, take care! ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by coveness View Post
Hello, and welcome to TeenHelp You did a great job with the introduction, don't worry

We seem to have some similar interests. Chocolate, for one :P

Hope you enjoy it here. And, it's true what they say... you really do become addicted because everyone's simply so nice and friendly.. I can't stop raving about it
Thank you; I know it was too long but that's just how things end up whenever I start to write...
But yes, chocolate...too good to resist, I'd say.

Anyway, I think I'll enjoy this site; people here does seem very nice. So, thanks for the welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rie View Post
Hey there, I'm Rie!
You're English is really good! If you ever need any help with English or any other aspect of your life just let me know. :]
Here's a link to the ! You'll find a lot of members around here know each other! The Chat Room is a great way to get to know people!
I hope to see you around!
Rie.
Hello there! Thanks for the suggestions and the offer; I'll make sure to take you up on it if the need rises! Hope to see you around as well then! Take care! ^^

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Stardaze Offline
Hopeless Love
Jeez, get a life!

Re: Greetings ;) - December 4th 2009, 03:17 PM

Hey I'm Angelina, Welcome to Teen Help, I hope you this is everything that you expected
its a great place, and im sure you will fit right in.
your introduction was amazing (:
Send me a PM if you need anything.
see you around

(#9 (permalink)) Old
reflecting Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Greetings ;) - December 6th 2009, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelina. View Post
Hey I'm Angelina, Welcome to Teen Help, I hope you this is everything that you expected
its a great place, and im sure you will fit right in.
your introduction was amazing (:
Send me a PM if you need anything.
see you around
Thank you! This is indeed a good site so far; not having any complaints ^^ Thanks again, for the offer! See you around

Closed Thread