TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Arrivals and Departures Whether you've just arrived or you're going away for a while, let us know here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
BlueArtS Offline
Not a n00b

Exclamation delete - December 6th 2009, 04:03 AM

can someone (a mod) delete my posts on here? i wanna leave the site...but i want everything i write off...im scared people are gonna know who i am...from off the site and go on and read everything.....

(#2 (permalink)) Old
MadPoet Offline
You're the Original <3
Outside, huh?

Name: Amanda.

Re: delete - December 6th 2009, 04:21 AM

The mods/admins don't delete any of your past posts. Everything you post on the internet has a chance of being found, which is why you shouldn't share your name or location if you're posting personal pieces of info online. I would imagine, though, that if you haven't shared information that could help others identify you then you should be fine. If you're looking for help but don't want to be indentified, try using HelpLINK or LiveHelp, that information isn't visible to others and is completely confidential, unlike the forums. Unfortunately, it states in the TOS you agreed to while registering that you accept the fact that any content submitted will not be removed in the future. Therefore, there's not much anyone can do for you.

A lonely soul in a land of broken hearts

(#3 (permalink)) Old
losing touch. Offline
oh, really?..
Jeez, get a life!

Re: delete - December 6th 2009, 09:37 AM

they won't delete your account or posts.. but you can go through and edit your posts out.. seeing as you only have 15 it shouldn't be too difficult?.

..and our dreams will break the boundaries of our fears..

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: delete - December 6th 2009, 01:28 PM

As for as I'm aware, editing is set to where users can edit their posts up to twenty-four hours after the original post was submitted. However, moderators cannot delete posts by request. From our legal statements [which we all agreed to upon creating an account here], found here:

Quote:
The user understands that TeenHelp does not remove the user's account or content in the eventuality that the user regrets submitting it.
However, there are a few steps that you might take:
  • Remove any and all personal information from your profile.
  • Change your username on the forums (if you've not already).
  • Steer clear of giving out any personal information from this point on.
If it makes you feel better, I've just read through your posts, and there's truly NOTHING identifiable in any of them, so I highly doubt anyone will ever find out who you are through TeenHelp, at least. As Amanda mentioned, anonymous ways of receiving advice are Live Help and HelpLINK if you'd ever like to utilize those in the future.

Take care.

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
Closed Thread