TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Sarahh9 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sarah

Portraits of Panic - May 18th 2013, 04:35 AM

I was sexually assaulted six months ago. In the aftermath my entire life fell apart. I was diagnosed with PTSD. I relapsed into my eating disorder. I started cutting again. And I have severe panic attacks.

Today I decided to take some pictures (with a crappy webcam) of me panicking. I took dozens, and then chose the ones that I thought captured the panic I feel. I feel so exposed in these pictures. I didn't put on any makeup. Didn't even brush my hair. Its just the scariest part of me.
Attached Thumbnails
forums/f40-self-expression/att2292-photo-2013-05-17-7-jpg   forums/f40-self-expression/att2293-photo-2013-05-17-8-jpg   forums/f40-self-expression/att2294-photo-2013-05-17-11-jpg   forums/f40-self-expression/att2295-photo-2013-05-17-9-jpg   forums/f40-self-expression/att2296-photo-2013-05-17-10-jpg  

Last edited by Sarahh9; May 18th 2013 at 05:21 AM.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Portraits of Panic - May 18th 2013, 04:02 PM

Can I just say, this is beautiful. This is all the pain in the world. This is you being real and vulnerable. I know what it's like to be that scared. No one will ever know exactly what you're going through, but that doesn't mean you're going through it alone. It's okay to feel pain. Just remember that pain, that fear, what happened does not define you. Only you can choose who you are and where you go from here.
You are not alone. Never alone.
Keep your chin up

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Spoons Offline
Too tired to give a fork.

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Portraits of Panic - May 18th 2013, 08:05 PM

It took you so much courage, not only to take these pictures and post them, but to live through everything you have. You are stronger than you think. I think that when people look at these, even if they may not fully understand, they will start to at least get a better idea of what a person who has undergone sexual assault has felt.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Bullet Offline
Amanda <3
Not a n00b

Name: Amanda

Re: Portraits of Panic - May 18th 2013, 08:26 PM

I agree with the above users. It took a lot of courage to not only take these photos, but to upload them and share them with everyone.

I have been through sexual assult 3 different times. Have a history of self harm, and even I find this extremely helpful. You might question what makes this helpful. Well, its helpful because people like me, and other users who have been through these things, get to see someones true emotions. You are strong for doing this.

Stay strong! (: You can make it through this!

Bullet <3

PM/VM Anytime!

Instagram: spoiledrottens
PM To Add On Facebook

TeenHelp Member Since 5/11/13
Free of Self Harm Since 5/20/13

To Donate, Please Visit www.gofundme.com/wishescometrue

(#5 (permalink)) Old
mindflower Offline
what the hell is a FixYou♥
I can't get enough

Name: taylor

Re: Portraits of Panic - May 18th 2013, 11:28 PM

First, you are beautiful and so strong, and it shows in this work. Drawing this emotion, writing it down, all takes guts, but putting yourself visually into it is really... brave. You're very brave, and going through all of this, its something no one would want, but you, you had to experience.
Being able to capture it on film, it must be difficult, but beautiful work, really, good camera quality or not. I think, the first one really caught my eye.

Stay strong If you ever need anything, I'm here

(#6 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount17

Edit avatar

Re: Portraits of Panic - May 20th 2013, 06:52 AM

You're so beautiful (you don't need makeup), so brave. You've been through this and you're still here. You're so strong and amazing. Especially for sharing these pictures. I'm really sorry that happened to you though. Nobody deserves these type of things.

Stay Strong <3

Closed Thread