TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Hailey

Love, Painted with Lies (a story) - January 31st 2011, 03:16 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Love, Painted With Lies
Why do I even bother anymore? It’s not like anyone is ever going to care, much less understand. I don’t need them anyway I’m doing perfectly fine on my own. Other people just get in the way, with their butting in and telling me to get over things when they have no idea why I can’t. No, I’m just plain lying to myself now. I do wish someone would understand, I wish there was someone I could tell the truth too.”
-Callie Rose
I read over what I had written before closing the small journal I always kept with me. I stuck it in my bag when I saw Aimee walking towards me. Aimee had long, dark brunette hair that was pin straight and side bags. She was tall, a lot taller than me and had a nice, curvy figure. Her skin was a lovely dark shade and she wore only subtle makeup. I was slumped against the side wall of her school, early, as usual when Aimee ran up to me, bouncing. “Callie! You are never ever going to guess what happened last night!” Aimee was bouncing and jumping, talking even quicker and more excitedly than normal. “Jason asked you out, didn’t he” She squealed and jumped around, which I took as a yes. “How did you know!” she finally managed to ask. “He told me he was going to.” She gave me a “How-in-the-world-could-you-not-tell-me-this” look and pretended to pout. As far as she knew, that was the only thing I had to hide from her. I smirked at her and her expression immediately returned to happy. She sat down next to me and continued to gush over him as I drifted into my own world. “Callie, Callie? CAL!” I jumped, startled, when Aimee called my name. “Yes, Aimee” I looks at her with obvious annoyance in my eyes. “I’ve been trying to get your attention forever! Jason’s here I’m going to chill with him, I’ll see you in homeroom.” Aimee left after that, which was good for me. I wanted to get in a few minutes alone before I had to head off to my horrible classes. I drifted back into my own world, consumed by my thoughts until the bell disturbed me. I grabbed my bag and walked inside, headed straight for my locker. I walked down the long hallway to my locker and spun in the combination. Some books and a few pieces of crumpled paper fell out of my disastrous locker. I grabbed my books for the morning and headed to biology. I took my normal seat in the back of the room and waited for my lab partner, Avril, to come in. She was late as usual. Avril was one of the few people in this school I could actually stand; she kept to herself most of the time and was fairly smart. She walked in out of breath “Hey Callie” she said with a polite smile “Hey Avril, you look cute today” She did look cute, she was wearing a black lacy tank top with Grey skinny jeans and black lace up boots. She had a dark purple plaid hoodie on over the tank top and her eye makeup looked great. She had long orangey auburn hair that hung in loose curls to the middle of her back. Avril was fairly short, and thin in the extreme. “Thanks Cal, you look nice as usual” “Thanks” we exchanged smiles and then the teacher began talking. I tuned out my highly boring and annoying biology teacher until I heard him say something about a transfer student. I poked Avril and she turned her attention to me “What did Mr. Parker just say?” I practically mouth. “I don’t know, I think we’re getting a new student from some other school” I was kind of surprised considering it was the middle of the year already, but whatever. They would probably be the same as the rest. How wrong I was……..

First Chapter...you guys think it's worth contiuing?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Love, Painted with Lies (a story) - January 31st 2011, 04:40 PM

Yes, keep going, I would love to read more.

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Not a n00b

Name: Hailey

Re: Love, Painted with Lies (a story) - February 1st 2011, 10:11 PM

Thank you(:

Love, Painted WIth LIes (Part 2)
I don’t know why I feel like this. Almost everyone in this school is the same, and I can’t stand them. The rest are alright but they still don’t understand me, or even try to. Maybe I could make more of an effort, but no one seems right to open up too. I don’t even know why I’m bothering thinking about this new kid, but I can’t stop these feelings. What if he is the one….
-Callie Rose
I had written a quick note in my journal, I was always writing, and let my thoughts drift, they always ended back on him though. “Cal, class is over now…” I looked up to see Avril staring down at me, looking kind of concerned. “Are you alright? You seem even more out of it than ususal.” “Yeah, I’m fine…just uhm thinking” “Alright, well let’s go then” We got up and walked off, me to English and her to whatever class she had next. I walked into my English teacher, Mrs. Marietta’s, room looking down. The second I looked up I found myself staring directly into the most striking green eyes. After a minute or so he spoke in a low intriguing voice. “Can I help you?” He looked a bit confused. It was only then that I realized how strange I must have seemed, staring speechlessly into his eyes. “What oh uhm I’m sorry” I mumbled and quickly ran to my seat next to a friend, Violet. “Hey Vi” “What was that all about?” she looked in the new guy’s direction. “Nothing, just out of it” She gave me a so not buying it look but dropped the subject. I loved that about Violet, she never pushed things. Mrs.Marietta started talking about the group project we were working on. “Callie, Violet, and Erin, since there’s only three of you you’ll have Erik in your group.” Erik, I liked the name. Erin replied with an okay and told us to get into our groups. Violet, being the practical one, began explaining. “Yeah yeah project whatever, I’d rather hear about you Erik” Erin gave him a flirty smile, like she did with every guy. Erin was another one of my friends. It was mainly Me, Her, Violet, Aimee, and another girl Rosalie that hung out together. Along with my best guy friends Jason and Damien. Erik and Erin kept talking throughout the entire period, while Violet and I gave each other looks. Right as the bell rang Erin turned to us “We should all chill today, work on the project and all.” “Yeah sure, my house?” asked Violet. “Mhmm, that good with you Erik?” He nodded and walked away. I couldn’t help keep thinking about him, I wasn’t into him…was I?

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Evanescent Offline
Love Is The Movement
I've been here a while

Name: Nicole (Nikki)

Re: Love, Painted with Lies (a story) - February 1st 2011, 10:48 PM

This is good, keep going!

"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you'll land among the stars."

"For those who don't care, for those who can't see, never give up, always thrive to be free."

Smile, you are beautiful www.operationbeautiful.com

Blessed Be!
Nicole AKA Nikki
Artist, Poet, and Future Social Worker

Closed Thread