TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Self Expression Poems, stories, artwork and similar creations are great ways to let out your thoughts or feelings. Please share your work with us here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Another ordinary day - March 19th 2012, 10:49 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, particularly on the subject of self harm, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Another night spent tossing and turning, no sleep. Tired. Tired. Tired. 'Tamika get up' my mother yells whislt hammering on my door. I groan and remove myself from my bed. My body aches and my eyes feel heavy. My arm is throbbing, this will take some covering up, long sleeves again it is. Middle of summer twenty-five degrees celcius and here I am throwing on a long sleeved top. 'TAMIKA' my mother yells. I turn my music on to drown her out. This way she knows I'm awake and the music blocks out her shouting. Bliss pure bliss. I think I'll wear a skirt today and some tights, people won't question and skirt and a pair of tights, they might question the long sleeves, so I'll change, t-shirt and braceletts. My phone rings it's Jace, my crush, my college crush, I turn my music down. Butterflies flutter in my stomach, 'Hey Jace' I say trying out my best sweet voice ever. He never phones me, he's phoned me. 'Tell our tutor I won't be in, no one else will answer thier phones'. He puts the phone down. So much for getting my hopes up . I check my bag, books, folders, pen, pencil, lip gloss, hairbrush. Blades.

I turn my music off and leave my room. 'TAMIKA' . I walk down the stairs and tell Mum alright don't yell I'm right here. Shes looking at my choice of clothing, she shakes her head, and tells me to leave before I miss my bus, she tosses me a roll and an apple and bottle of juice. I walk out the door. Ear phones in, world out.

BADGER BADGER BADGER.........MUSHROOM!!!
Videos team
, articles team and helplink mentor and associate live help operator.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Hey Mr. Grumpy Gills...

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Dez

Re: Another ordinary day - March 19th 2012, 11:25 PM

I really like this, I can definitely imagine what is going on!

Send a message via Yahoo to ~*Just Keep Swimming*~ Send a message via Skype™ to ~*Just Keep Swimming*~ 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Another ordinary day - March 19th 2012, 11:46 PM

My friends are at the bus stop they call me over and tell me the latest gossip from their boyfriends - like always I am single. Jace phoned because no-one would answer their except from me. Tyrone Nateasha's boyfriend has bought her a pair of flower hangy down earings while Zyra's boyfriend is being a douche and won't talk to her and then Lola's boyfriend has refused to have sex with her - at times its like they are strangers to me I've never had a boyfriend - boys just seem to avoid me.

Our bus pulls up and we board the bus flashing the driver our passes and suddenly I feel part of the group again. We giggle as the bus driver raises his eyebrow and we take our seats, back of the bus Nateasha , Zyra , Lola and me. It's like we rule the bus. Lola notices my bracelets ' WOW TAMIKA' she exclaims running her hand over the assortment of my coloured bracelets they're just so colourful. Wincing at the pain of her running her hand over them my cuts are still sore and throb. Nateasha and Zyra now looking at Lola and me, their eyes diverted from the boy at the front of the bus in a baseball cap. They like them too and also start running their hands over my bracelets, making me wince at the pain more. 'Where'd you get these from' 'Come on tell us Tam' - Tam is my nickname they call me this when they are trying to get something from me or get me to tell them something. I shrug my shoulders and tell them ' just a shop somewhere'.

The bus comes to a quick hard and fast stop nearly throwing us off our seats and down the centre isle of the bus, 'SORRY EVERYONE' the bus driver yells. Some elderly people at the front start to tut and shake their heads and mutter to each other. Me and my friends re-shuffled ourselves and giggled. The bus breaking to a sudden stop has diverted their attention from my bracelets. They won't be finding out my secret yet or at all.

Videos team

Last edited by WhisperingSilence; March 20th 2012 at 09:34 AM.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Another ordinary day - March 20th 2012, 09:54 PM

this is really cool, its like a diary but in story form. Stay strong xx

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: Danielle

Re: Another ordinary day - March 21st 2012, 07:58 AM

I love this....this makes me want to read more....please post more. i'm really into it.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Redangel1992 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Sara

Re: Another ordinary day - March 21st 2012, 01:10 PM

I think this is amazing, i can see it all in my mind and its a brilliant thing to post hun, keep posting stay strong and take care x

(#7 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Another ordinary day - March 21st 2012, 07:16 PM

Thanks for sharing this, keep posting please!

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Another ordinary day - March 21st 2012, 10:32 PM

So thats enough of the bus now, talking about buses gets pretty boring after a while. Though you'll have to excuse the odd bus bit here there, like now. The bus started going again and soon it was our stop. We got off the bus , and walked up the road to college. We are all studying the same subjects, so we all sit together. We're studying English, Science and Maths and for a bit of fun we've decided to join a drama club. Okay I didn't want to join a drama club, but Zyra, Natesaha and Lola wanted to, so I just followed along with them. It's okay I supose.

The reigister is called, name after name. I still haven't told Zyra, Nateasha or Lola that Jace called me this morning, they're about to find out, they know I'm crushing on him, oh yeah I told them that, but they don't know he phoned me - so I was the last person he was would have called but he still called me. I put my hand up - 'Sir' he looks up from the register and tells me to go ahead ' it's just that well Jace called me today - he won't be in he said for me to tell you'.

Shit. My bracelets. Shit. I quickly put my hand down. It's to late though, they've seen. I know have. Prepare for the questions. 'Tam' Zyra says looking at my arm as though she got X-Ray eye vision as though she can still see the cuts. I know she's seen, Shit. Shit. Shit. Quick think of an excuse, quick.

'I'm taking you to see student support Tam' She grabs me by the arm and tells Mr Green we have to leave the room, he looks at us then nod's his head. We get half way down the corridor, I start pleading with her not to do this, not now, not ever. 'Zy please ' 'Please Zy let it be'
'Tam what have you done, Tam ? '

I pull free from her grasp and make a run for it. Please don't follow me, leave me alone, leave me alone, leave me alone.

I run through the corridors, and run and run and run. I look round to check Zyra's not following me, she's gone, thank god for that. Don't know where she's gone. Suddenly everything starts spinning, oh god no, not here,not now. No , no no. It's happening, it's happening. I collapse into a heap against a wall and start to cry.

'Here she is sir' 'I've found her' Zyra's back, with Mr Green. Great just great. Zyra puts her arm round me and starts to comfort me, she drys me eyes with her sleeve and gives me a hug. I start crying more and more. Zyra just hugs me more and asks me whats going on, 'I didn't mean for you to find out this Zy I really didn't'.
She just tells me it's ok, and that I'll be okay. Honestly, how the hell will I be ok, here I am in a hall way at college with Zyra hugging me, Mr Green just watching us and the rest of the class in the class room. All I can think about are the cuts on my arm, they hurt, they are throbbing. ' Tam you got to get these seen to, please for me Zy Tam get them seen to'.

Nateasha and Lola have joined us now, they don't say anything but give me a hug and help me up. They tell Mr Green to leave me alone and that they will take me to student support services. Great, this isn't what I planned at all for today. My secrets out. I'm a wreck.

Videos team

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Another ordinary day - March 22nd 2012, 08:48 PM

i love reading this. i can't get enough. it's great....better than any book i have ever read. once again i hope you post more.

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Another ordinary day - March 22nd 2012, 10:30 PM

I didn't plan for them to find out at all, but I guess you can't hide things forever. Secrets always come out in the end, thats just how it happens I guess. So here we are, walking down a corridor at college to student support. Lola is questioning me on what's made me do this, and how long I've been doing this for. Nateasha is listening, and Zyra is just walking along her arm round my shoulders and me ? Well me - I don't really have a choice in this, here I am being usherd into student support by my three friends. The only choice I have is to stay quiet and kept my mouth shut and act like this is just some very horrible realistic nightmare and that sooner or later my alarm will go off. Oh how I wish that was the case, but it's not, this is real, all of it real.

We get to student support services, and Nateasha sits me down with Lola, and Zyra goes to the main desk and says that I need to see someone about my cuts and everything. Zyra comes back over to us and tells me not to worry and that this will all be sorted soon. If only it was that simple. I've got explaining to do and questions to answer. A lady comes over and thanks them from bringing me into student support and dismisses them. She sits next to me and starts talking to me.

She just talks and talks, telling me she's going to need to see my cuts properly, and that she needs to know what's going on. 'Nothings going on I swear , just a scrap with a rose brush ' I tell her. She looks at me, I know that look, thats the ' Tell me all the crap you like, I don't believe you ' look.

She suggests we go into a little room so we do, I follow her, she takes me into a room and tells me to sit in the chair she sits the other side of the table, and looks at me straight in the eyes. I drop my head and place my arms onto the table and just lie there.

'Tamika if you are thinking that staying quiet will help this situation - it won't, your'e friends are worried about you'.

'I'M FINE' I yell and before she can stop me I get up and run out. I don't know where I'm running to , just running.

I decide class is the best place to go, English with Mrs Baker. E546 Zyra's sat next to Nateasha, Lola's saved me a place, I feel my cheeks go a shade of red as I walk up to them. I feel so ashamed they know, all three of them know so does Mr Green.
Mrs Baker doesn't I'll be safe here. I sit down next to Lola and smile at her, I don't know what to say, I don't want to say anything, I just want things to go back to some form of normalitiy, today to never have happened.

Mrs Baker walks into the room and says hello to everyone, and writes today's lesson on the board. 'Macbeth' Hands out some work sheets, and then goes to her desk, and asks 'Anyone want to explain the main story line of Macbeth' . I desperatley want to put my hand up but hold back just in case my sleeves roll up and everyone sees. Can't risk that, not again. 'Tamika' 'What about you ' I shake my head and just let the world go by.

Videos team

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: Another ordinary day - March 24th 2012, 06:12 PM

Oh my Lydia, this is just beyond amazing. It had me wanting to read more, and it still does, I hope that you continue to post the story.

I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are
LHO|PM|VM
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Another ordinary day - March 25th 2012, 08:37 PM

After english which is a complete blur so I won't write about it, Lola. Zyra and Nateasha take me to the canteen and sit me down and begin to tell me how I can't keep doing this. They're talking like they've known about this for ages - which they haven't - well I'm pretty sure they don't. If they have done - they certainly haven't said anything to me about this till now.

I get up to leave, I want to avoid these sort of conversations, I don't like them, they're awkward. And avoiding this one is what I plan to do. I pick up my things , sling my bag of my shoulder and walk off. I walk out of college and down the campus path and towards the pond. I like it here, it's quiet, and hardly anyone ever comes here, just me and nature. Bliss. Pure bliss. I sit on the bench and the mornings events dawn on me even more, just thinking about it makes me cry. The tears come I can't stop them, they just fall and fall.

Times like this I need to be alone. I need to gather my thoughts together and then stop thinking the best way to stop thinking is to pick up the blade and just slice myself up. I wonder if my mum knows about any of this yet ? God no. She can't know. She just can't.

Videos team

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Another ordinary day - March 25th 2012, 08:43 PM

Chapter 1 (in full )

Another night spent tossing and turning, no sleep. Tired. Tired. Tired. 'Tamika get up' my mother yells whislt hammering on my door. I groan and remove myself from my bed. My body aches and my eyes feel heavy. My arm is throbbing, this will take some covering up, long sleeves again it is. Middle of summer twenty-five degrees celcius and here I am throwing on a long sleeved top. 'TAMIKA' my mother yells. I turn my music on to drown her out. This way she knows I'm awake and the music blocks out her shouting. Bliss pure bliss. I think I'll wear a skirt today and some tights, people won't question and skirt and a pair of tights, they might question the long sleeves, so I'll change, t-shirt and braceletts. My phone rings it's Jace, my crush, my college crush, I turn my music down. Butterflies flutter in my stomach, 'Hey Jace' I say trying out my best sweet voice ever. He never phones me, he's phoned me. 'Tell our tutor I won't be in, no one else will answer thier phones'. He puts the phone down. So much for getting my hopes up . I check my bag, books, folders, pen, pencil, lip gloss, hairbrush. Blades.

I turn my music off and leave my room. 'TAMIKA' . I walk down the stairs and tell Mum alright don't yell I'm right here. Shes looking at my choice of clothing, she shakes her head, and tells me to leave before I miss my bus, she tosses me a roll and an apple and bottle of juice. I walk out the door. Ear phones in, world out.

My friends are at the bus stop they call me over and tell me the latest gossip from their boyfriends - like always I am single. Jace phoned because no-one would answer their except from me. Tyrone Nateasha's boyfriend has bought her a pair of flower hangy down earings while Zyra's boyfriend is being a douche and won't talk to her and then Lola's boyfriend has refused to have sex with her - at times its like they are strangers to me I've never had a boyfriend - boys just seem to avoid me.

Our bus pulls up and we board the bus flashing the driver our passes and suddenly I feel part of the group again. We giggle as the bus driver raises his eyebrow and we take our seats, back of the bus Nateasha , Zyra , Lola and me. It's like we rule the bus. Lola notices my bracelets ' WOW TAMIKA' she exclaims running her hand over the assortment of my coloured bracelets they're just so colourful. Wincing at the pain of her running her hand over them my cuts are still sore and throb. Nateasha and Zyra now looking at Lola and me, their eyes diverted from the boy at the front of the bus in a baseball cap. They like them too and also start running their hands over my bracelets, making me wince at the pain more. 'Where'd you get these from' 'Come on tell us Tam' - Tam is my nickname they call me this when they are trying to get something from me or get me to tell them something. I shrug my shoulders and tell them ' just a shop somewhere'.

The bus comes to a quick hard and fast stop nearly throwing us off our seats and down the centre isle of the bus, 'SORRY EVERYONE' the bus driver yells. Some elderly people at the front start to tut and shake their heads and mutter to each other. Me and my friends re-shuffled ourselves and giggled. The bus breaking to a sudden stop has diverted their attention from my bracelets. They won't be finding out my secret yet or at all.

So thats enough of the bus now, talking about buses gets pretty boring after a while. Though you'll have to excuse the odd bus bit here there, like now. The bus started going again and soon it was our stop. We got off the bus , and walked up the road to college. We are all studying the same subjects, so we all sit together. We're studying English, Science and Maths and for a bit of fun we've decided to join a drama club. Okay I didn't want to join a drama club, but Zyra, Natesaha and Lola wanted to, so I just followed along with them. It's okay I supose.

The reigister is called, name after name. I still haven't told Zyra, Nateasha or Lola that Jace called me this morning, they're about to find out, they know I'm crushing on him, oh yeah I told them that, but they don't know he phoned me - so I was the last person he was would have called but he still called me. I put my hand up - 'Sir' he looks up from the register and tells me to go ahead ' it's just that well Jace called me today - he won't be in he said for me to tell you'.

Shit. My bracelets. Shit. I quickly put my hand down. It's to late though, they've seen. I know have. Prepare for the questions. 'Tam' Zyra says looking at my arm as though she got X-Ray eye vision as though she can still see the cuts. I know she's seen, Shit. Shit. Shit. Quick think of an excuse, quick.

'I'm taking you to see student support Tam' She grabs me by the arm and tells Mr Green we have to leave the room, he looks at us then nod's his head. We get half way down the corridor, I start pleading with her not to do this, not now, not ever. 'Zy please ' 'Please Zy let it be'
'Tam what have you done, Tam ? '

I pull free from her grasp and make a run for it. Please don't follow me, leave me alone, leave me alone, leave me alone.

I run through the corridors, and run and run and run. I look round to check Zyra's not following me, she's gone, thank god for that. Don't know where she's gone. Suddenly everything starts spinning, oh god no, not here,not now. No , no no. It's happening, it's happening. I collapse into a heap against a wall and start to cry.

'Here she is sir' 'I've found her' Zyra's back, with Mr Green. Great just great. Zyra puts her arm round me and starts to comfort me, she drys me eyes with her sleeve and gives me a hug. I start crying more and more. Zyra just hugs me more and asks me whats going on, 'I didn't mean for you to find out this Zy I really didn't'.
She just tells me it's ok, and that I'll be okay. Honestly, how the hell will I be ok, here I am in a hall way at college with Zyra hugging me, Mr Green just watching us and the rest of the class in the class room. All I can think about are the cuts on my arm, they hurt, they are throbbing. ' Tam you got to get these seen to, please for me Zy Tam get them seen to'.

Nateasha and Lola have joined us now, they don't say anything but give me a hug and help me up. They tell Mr Green to leave me alone and that they will take me to student support services. Great, this isn't what I planned at all for today. My secrets out. I'm a wreck.

I didn't plan for them to find out at all, but I guess you can't hide things forever. Secrets always come out in the end, thats just how it happens I guess. So here we are, walking down a corridor at college to student support. Lola is questioning me on what's made me do this, and how long I've been doing this for. Nateasha is listening, and Zyra is just walking along her arm round my shoulders and me ? Well me - I don't really have a choice in this, here I am being usherd into student support by my three friends. The only choice I have is to stay quiet and kept my mouth shut and act like this is just some very horrible realistic nightmare and that sooner or later my alarm will go off. Oh how I wish that was the case, but it's not, this is real, all of it real.

We get to student support services, and Nateasha sits me down with Lola, and Zyra goes to the main desk and says that I need to see someone about my cuts and everything. Zyra comes back over to us and tells me not to worry and that this will all be sorted soon. If only it was that simple. I've got explaining to do and questions to answer. A lady comes over and thanks them from bringing me into student support and dismisses them. She sits next to me and starts talking to me.

She just talks and talks, telling me she's going to need to see my cuts properly, and that she needs to know what's going on. 'Nothings going on I swear , just a scrap with a rose brush ' I tell her. She looks at me, I know that look, thats the ' Tell me all the crap you like, I don't believe you ' look.

She suggests we go into a little room so we do, I follow her, she takes me into a room and tells me to sit in the chair she sits the other side of the table, and looks at me straight in the eyes. I drop my head and place my arms onto the table and just lie there.

'Tamika if you are thinking that staying quiet will help this situation - it won't, your'e friends are worried about you'.

'I'M FINE' I yell and before she can stop me I get up and run out. I don't know where I'm running to , just running.

I decide class is the best place to go, English with Mrs Baker. E546 Zyra's sat next to Nateasha, Lola's saved me a place, I feel my cheeks go a shade of red as I walk up to them. I feel so ashamed they know, all three of them know so does Mr Green.
Mrs Baker doesn't I'll be safe here. I sit down next to Lola and smile at her, I don't know what to say, I don't want to say anything, I just want things to go back to some form of normalitiy, today to never have happened.

Mrs Baker walks into the room and says hello to everyone, and writes today's lesson on the board. 'Macbeth' Hands out some work sheets, and then goes to her desk, and asks 'Anyone want to explain the main story line of Macbeth' . I desperatley want to put my hand up but hold back just in case my sleeves roll up and everyone sees. Can't risk that, not again. 'Tamika' 'What about you ' I shake my head and just let the world go by.

After english which is a complete blur so I won't write about it, Lola. Zyra and Nateasha take me to the canteen and sit me down and begin to tell me how I can't keep doing this. They're talking like they've known about this for ages - which they haven't - well I'm pretty sure they don't. If they have done - they certainly haven't said anything to me about this till now.

I get up to leave, I want to avoid these sort of conversations, I don't like them, they're awkward. And avoiding this one is what I plan to do. I pick up my things , sling my bag of my shoulder and walk off. I walk out of college and down the campus path and towards the pond. I like it here, it's quiet, and hardly anyone ever comes here, just me and nature. Bliss. Pure bliss. I sit on the bench and the mornings events dawn on me even more, just thinking about it makes me cry. The tears come I can't stop them, they just fall and fall.

Times like this I need to be alone. I need to gather my thoughts together and then stop thinking the best way to stop thinking is to pick up the blade and just slice myself up. I wonder if my mum knows about any of this yet ? God no. She can't know. She just can't.

Videos team

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Jovial. Offline
Skittles Minion.

Senior TeenHelper

Name: Trish

Re: Another ordinary day - March 25th 2012, 08:43 PM

Lydia, you are so talented. Keep writing, dear.

I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are
LHO|PM|VM
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jovial.  
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Re: Another ordinary day - March 25th 2012, 09:36 PM

i hope you post more. i'm so into this. i'm so bummed when i have to stop reading. i agree with trish, you are so talented.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Voldermorts Stalker
I can't get enough

Re: Another ordinary day - March 29th 2012, 11:41 AM

Sorry for not uploading more.

Chapter 2.
The school day continues to go by in a complete blur I remember bits here and there. I remember the bus journey home. And thats it. I get home and call out ' Mum I'm home'. Theres a smell of baking and burnt food. Mum's been cooking again.
She doesn't reply. 'HELLO I'M HOME' I yell at the top of my voice. Nothing, still nothing.

I walk up the stairs to my room, and I hear the sound of faint sobbing coming from down the hallway. Hello ? Hello ?

I run into mums room she's holding a photo frame, it's of me and her and dad. She lays there sobbing. MUM!!!!! I yell. She jolts up and says 'Oh I didn't hear you come in' .
'I yelled I'm home. How could you not hear me' .
'School phoned' She says.

shit shit shit.
She knows. Shit.
I rub my sleeves waiting for her to talk to say more to say 'I know you're cutting yourself'. Speak woman , just damn fucking speak already. This is killing me.

'Your grades have gone down' .

Phew she doesn't know. Thank god for that.

She starts spewing out stuff about how dad had high expectations for me and how when he gets home he's going to be so cross about this.
We get into an argument, I yell at her, she yells at me, and then suddenly it's a full blown screaming match. She gets up of her bed, still holding the photo frame. 'Look at us here, look at us all, all so happy' She's pointing to the photo. 'Look Tamika, look' I look and nod my head. 'WELL YOU NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING ' she yells in a demanding voice. I can't do anything but shake my head. 'You spoilt horrid brat, go to your room till your father gets home'.

'Fine' I say, and walk out. As I walk out she throws the frame at me, it hits me on the back of my head, I spin round pick it up and throw at her, she throws it at me agian it hits me right in the face.

I'm so exhausted from today that I just get into bed, and cry. Minuets and hours pass, it feels like this is never going to stop, I can't control myself anymore.

Videos team

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Solivagant Offline
Previously Apple of your eye
I've been here a while

Name: Suv

Re: Another ordinary day - March 29th 2012, 06:14 PM

Lydia, amazing is the word. I love this! I felt like I was Tamika! ANd the way youve captured her feelings, it is like something I go through at times. I am absolutely in love with this! Keep writing or I'll come over to your house and bug you till you write more

"Words are, in my not so humble opinion, our most inexhaustible source of magic, capable of both inflicting injury and remedying it."

-Albus Dumbledore, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Closed Thread