TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Georgiawilsonxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question Making myself throw up - February 17th 2018, 10:58 PM

This thread has been labeled as triggering by the original poster or by a Moderator. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

Iíve been making myself sick occasionally. Its not all the time its maybe 2-3 times a week. Lately iíve been feeling the need to do it more. I dont really know why I do it. I do sometimes feel fat even though I know iím not. It makes me feel better about myself after i do it, however I know its bad for me. Does anyone think this is a problem?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Making myself throw up - February 17th 2018, 11:08 PM

Hello and thank you so much for coming onto the helphelp and sharing this with us and you have done a wonderful job telling us about this and also asking for help with this, please be proud of yourself.

I am so sorry that you are having a hard time with this right now. Can you try talking with anyone about this and see if they can help you with this? Are you able to talk to you're parents or do you have any siblings that you can tell this to? Can you try telling you're friends or if you are still in school can you try talking with the school counselor and letting them know that you need help. Or going to the doctors and letting them know about this. If it's hard to talk with them about this you can always write it in a letter and put everything in it and ask them for help with this. I wish you the best and hope you will be okay soon. Take care.

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Georgiawilsonxx Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Making myself throw up - February 17th 2018, 11:15 PM

Thank you. I cant seem to tell anybody about this. I’m not sure if its becoming a problem or not. Each day I seem to want to make myself sick more. I’m not sure if this is going to continue but i’m scared for my health.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Golfing girl Offline
Be Creative. Always Dance.

I've been here a while

Name: Emma

Re: Making myself throw up - February 17th 2018, 11:40 PM

Hi, I know that it is really hard to tell someone about this and ask for help. You already have done a wonderful job asking and telling us about this. Please be proud of yourself. I know that it is hard to ask you're parents, or friends or the school counselor or a really good teacher for help, you can do this. Please believe in yourself and ask someone for help with this. As soon as you tell them or anyone about this they can help you and if you have to write a letter that's okay too. You can do this.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Making myself throw up - February 18th 2018, 04:40 PM

Hey there,

Yes, this is a problem. Making yourself sick is really dangerous. Even though you do not feel as though you are doing it a lot it can have a lot of negative effects on your body. Also, as you stated you are starting to want to do it more. A lot of people who make themselves sick end up struggling with this and the biggest reason is because purging gives people a 'feel good'/high feeling. The purging will, likely, get out of hand and that can lead to a lot of issues. For example, purging can lead to a lack of potassium in the body and if you purge while you have low potassium you can pass out or have a heart attack. That is one of the things that being in treatment made me aware of. Even though you are uncertain if you are doing it a lot that does not mean that you aren't having complications such as low potassium or low electrolytes.

I would suggest that you talk to someone about this. You have said that you are starting to do it more and more and it can get out of had quite fast. I went from purging a couple times a week to purging numerous times a day in a very short period (3-4 months). If you can talk to someone than you might be able to find tools to cope before your purging gets out of hand.

I know it can be hard to reach out if you don't know if it's an issue or if it is bad enough but any time you are harming yourself (purging, restricting etc) it's best to seek help.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread