TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Guest Advice Box For unregistered guests to ask all their questions and gain support.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

issues - May 28th 2018, 12:09 AM

This thread has been labeled as triggering, because it contains weight figures, by the original poster or by a Moderator. The contents of this thread might therefore not be suitable for certain sensitive users. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]I am conscious about how I look and my weight. I am disgusted with my weight and how things have been. I used to be really active and the weight stayed the same, even when I didn't like my body weight. At that time I was 125lbs. Which, thinking about it now, that is what I want to be now, but I am not. When I was that weight, I hated myself because I considered myself big.

I needed to take some medication and I gained a lot of weight. I then weighed 175lbs. I worked hard to get rid of that weight as I carried it. I went down 15lbs from that and stayed there for awhile. Nothing changed, I just never gained or lost for months.

I tried even harder to reduce the weight, it went back up. I noticed I lost weight and I got weighed and I was at 150, which I started to feel better about my body. Three months pass and I weigh myself again and I gained 35.

I am mad at myself because this isn't what my body should be at. My clothes do not fit me anymore.

Lately, I have been not eating. I am not hungry anymore. I am realizing I am eating once a day. I have zero interest in food. When I lost the weight and went to 150, I lost 30lbs in two months and I barely ate because I wasn't hungry and I felt sick. That is what is happening now. I feel sick and I can't eat.

I do not want to lose weight like this. What do I do when I can't eat and I tried? I make healthy meals and I just can't eat it, foods I love, I no longer eat. It is like I can not eat, I can't stomach it. It feels like my stomach is always full and I know it's not full.

I am afraid to see my GP. I have a good relationship with my GP. Part of me, wants this, but I don't want to become too sick or pass out from not eating.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: issues - May 28th 2018, 12:42 AM

[FONT="Lucida Console"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="2"]Hey,
So I can't diagnose you or anything but it sounds like you have a distorted body image. I am like that when I was at my thinnest I still felt like I was huge and fat. Also just because your clothes aren't fitting doesn't mean your body isn't supposed to be at this weight. It may actually be a good weight for you, but you feel like it isn't. I feel like you not eating can be because of the way you see your body and maybe a type of ed, or that there is something physically wrong and that it makes you sick.

I know when i was restricting every time I looked at food I felt sick to my stomach. I am wondering if this is what is happening or you actually feel sick. Also when I was restricting it seemed like I wasn't hungry but later I learned I actually was but I learned to ignore it. Do you feel like this is the case?

Also I feel like you should tell your GP because like I said above it could be something physical or it may actually be an ED. Either way they can help you figure out I plan on how to handle this.

I really hope this helped.
Your Friend,
Frankie<3[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Unregistered

Edit avatar

Re: issues - May 28th 2018, 02:16 AM

[FONT=""][COLOR=""][SIZE=""]Hi,

My height and body weight is on the obese scale, because of my height the healthy weight for me would be 95-115lbs. I am almost 80-95lbs overweight. My figure and body shouldn't have this weight on.

While I am eating, I eat but I quickly become full and I can't eat the rest of it. My stomach feels full. Other times, I am eating and I feel fine, suddenly, I feel sick to my stomach. I don't get sick (throw up) I just feel sick.

I do feel I am slowly losing weight. I am not intently doing it to lose weight. Not this way, anyways.

I do feel bad being overweight.

When I lost the weight before, in such a short time, it was nice but that wasn't the way I wanted to lose that weight.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

(#4 (permalink)) Old
_Headphones_ Offline
Music Lover

Outside, huh?

Name: Frankie<3

Re: issues - May 28th 2018, 03:07 AM

[FONT="Lucida Console"][COLOR="Navy"][SIZE="2"]Okay, Well I still feel like you should talk to your GP and ask them what weight they would like you to be at, and ask them if they can help you achieve it. I would also mention everything you have said in your orginal post. It is important to keep your doctor informed about concerns you have or problem with your body, like this.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]

Don't lose who you are, in the blur of the stars
Seeing is deceiving, dreaming is believing,
It's okay not to be okay
Sometimes it's hard, to follow your heart
Tears don't mean you're losing, everybody's bruising,
Just be true to who you are
|Member 2007||Senior Community Mentor||Social Media Guru||Resource & Newsletter Editor||Writer||Chat Mod|
|Forum Mod: LGBT, Sexuality and gender identity, Eating Disorders, Self-Harm, Peer Pressure and Bullying, Disability, Good Days, Friends & Family|
|PM/VM|

(#5 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: issues - May 28th 2018, 04:11 PM

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at Teenhelp. I hope that you are able to get the support you are looking for. It sounds like you've been struggling with this for quite some time. I know that things like this can be difficult to deal with and gaining weight can have an impact on how we feel about ourselves. I think the thing to remember is that your weight does not define you; it doesn't make you less then because you are overweight. While it's understandable that you might want to lose weight to try and be healthier it's best to try and figure out a way to lose weight in a healthy manner.

When gaining weight due to a medication or something like that, it can help to consult the prescribing doctor and let them know that the weight gain is bothering you and ask them for tips on how to lose the weight. If weight gain is a common side effect of the medication that you are taking it's possible the doctor has had similar conversations with other patients and will be able to advise you.

Another thing I am wondering is if you are losing and gaining weight like this due to the medication and stress. If you have been dealing with a lot of stress that might be a partial explanation for the extreme fluctuations. I know that when I am stressed I will sometimes eat to much but there are periods where stress causes me to eat less and I end up losing a fair bit of weight. Stress can also make it hard to eat because people become ill after doing so. If you are dealing with stress it might be helpful to try and reach out to a therapist or something like that and discuss healthier ways to cope with the stress. While I do not know if this is what is going on it might be worth looking into.

I can't tell you if this is an eating disorder but I hope with time you are able to figure it out and get to a better place. I know struggles with weight or any type of disordered eating can be difficult to cope with.

Best regards.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread