TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Emptyofhope Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Question I am confused - December 16th 2016, 01:36 AM

I am a girl and I have noticed that all of my friends are talking about who they are dating or who they like but every guy I see I only see as a friend no matter how gorgeous he may look. I have never experienced and sexual or romantic feelings,ever. What am I ?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Knome Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: I am confused - December 16th 2016, 02:10 AM

You may simply haven't reached that point in your teenage years where you are not attracted to anyone yet. It's just a matter of what stage you are in of the 'teenage years'. Don't fret, you're fine. Even if it's not that specifically, it may be something else. There are a lot of sexualities that could fit into what you're talking about.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
FrozenRobot7 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Danielle

Re: I am confused - December 30th 2016, 01:04 AM

You might not be old enough to experience feelings for guys, and that's okay. You also might not like guys, but I wouldn't worry about that until you are sure.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
On hiatus
Average Joe

Re: I am confused - December 30th 2016, 03:56 PM

Since you haven't stated your age, we don't know how old you are. It could just be an age thing like the other users have said, but from what you have said about never experiencing sexual or romantic feelings towards anyone, it definitely sounds like you could be asexual (and possibly aromantic too). If you don't know what those mean I suggest checking out TH's Queer Dictionary and also this website called AVEN. Obviously, we can't tell you what you are. It is up to you whether you choose to identify as such, but I hope the links I gave you help!

On hiatus

(#5 (permalink)) Old
DeletedAccount24

Edit avatar

Re: I am confused - December 30th 2016, 09:35 PM

Hey, thanks for reaching out to us! I'd like to add that looks are not just what attracts a person to another individual. It can be their personality, what they stand for, stuff like that. Try to look for good qualities in your male (and even female) friends and see where you stand with their opinions. Strike up conversations with them, especially deep ones. It doesn't matter how old you are, it can be anything from fandoms to food to whatever! It takes a long time to develop an intimate relationship with someone that goes beyond friendship, and don't compare yourself to your friends. Give it a couple years, and don't try to force anything. Like the others have said, it might be something else. Mismatched Socks posted a link to TH's Queer Dictionary, that would be a good place to start. I've used AVEN - Asexuality Awareness site, and I found it wasn't for me. It might not be for you, but that's find. Continue to discover who you are. Don't be afraid to join clubs and reach out to your friends. You have your life ahead of you to figure it out, there's no age cap on coming out or discovering your sexuality.

Closed Thread