TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
American girl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Unhappy I'm 14 and I have never been turned on is that bad? - April 14th 2017, 02:34 AM

Well I feel weird saying this but I want advice so I have never been horny or turned on at all and my boyfriend says that it's just weird that I don't get turned on by anything he does which is true I wanted to know if it's normal to be 14 and still have never been turned on by anything please help!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Jess~ Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: jess

Re: I'm 14 and I have never been turned on is that bad? - April 14th 2017, 03:21 AM

Everyone develops and goes through puberty at their own rate, and that applies just as much to our mental state as it does to our bodies. It could be something as simple as you just don't have an abundance of those sex hormones yet, and that's okay!
If you are very concerned about this, you should definitely talk to your doctor about it. I realize these types of conversations can be a bit awkward to have, but that's what your doctor is there for.

How attracted are you, physically, to your boyfriend? I'm assuming there has to be some part of you that thinks he's attractive. If there's not, and you truly are dating him for who he is, sometimes if we're not sexually attracted to someone we love, we can't get turned on with them. Have you thought about whether you're attracted to girls in anyway? It could be that guys in general don't turn you on.
If this continues, it could very well mean that you just don't have, or have a very small, sex drive. You could be asexual and just not experience sexual attraction.

All of these possibilities are completely okay, it's up to you to experiment with yourself and find out what's really going on here. Best of luck to you~

i don't know what i'm supposed to do
haunted by the ghost of you

(#3 (permalink)) Old
American girl Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Red face Re: I'm 14 and I have never been turned on is that bad? - April 14th 2017, 03:31 AM

Thank you so much I appreciate the advice and yes I find my boyfriend very attractive and I also have considered if I likes girls but I didn't feel anything when I had a short of sexual experience and I didn't get a feeling at all and I wanted to know if it was bad because my ex left me because he could never turn me on and I wanted some advice

Closed Thread