TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
TH Anonymous Offline
Average Joe

Question Sex for the first time? - January 2nd 2018, 11:41 PM

[SIZE="a"]Recently, my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time.
I'm currently 16, and I didn't have an issue with him wanting to have sex. I felt that It was normal for us. The only thing I have an issue with is my fear of getting pregnant. I know we are both free of infection, so that is no concern of mine. However, my parents having pre-marital sex is the reason I'm even alive today. My father's *ahem* broke and my mother ended up pregnant. I'm terrified of the same thing happening to me. And as I've stated, I'm 16. I would be horrified to become pregnant at this age, and my parents would kill me if I ever told them. My father in particular.
I haven't gotten on plan B, however, I soon plan to. we have used plan A though, and we are fairly certain it has kept true up to this point. (we've had sex twice now) however, I know that plan A, is only about 85% effective and is never guaranteed. I just want to be watchful of possible signs of pregnancy or other issues. If you have any tips or signs I should know about, please let me know as soon as possible.
If you also have other information you think might be helpful, I'm pretty well undereducated on this subject. I know the basics, but that's about it. If you think there is something I should know, please feel free to tell me. I'd appreciate it. :D
Thank you!![/size]

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Sex for the first time? - January 3rd 2018, 01:43 AM

It's great that you're actively trying to educate yourself about safe sex. While there aren't any forms of contraception that are 100% effective, taking steps to learn more about preventative measures and implementing some or all of those things does decrease your chances of accidental pregnancy.

One quick thing that I want to clear up for you is that Plan B is not a form of birth control. It's often referred to as the "morning after pill" as it is primarily used as a follow-up to events such as a condom breaking or not being used at all. It can help stop pregnancy from occurring, but it isn't meant to be used as a long-term solution.

That being said, there are different forms of birth control that you can take to help prevent pregnancy. Do you have a Planned Parenthood or similar clinic in your area? If you do, I'd recommend stopping by and talking to a professional about different options for birth control as well as other things you can do to prevent unplanned pregnancy and/or infections. If you don't have a clinic near you, you can also talk to your doctor about it. They'll be able to figure out which type of birth control (shot, IUD, pill, etc.) is the best option for you and your body. Keep in mind that no birth control is 100% effective, so it shouldn't take the place of your partner using a condom.

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
daria Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Sex for the first time? - January 3rd 2018, 01:45 PM

16 ? for me you're too young

Closed Thread