TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives    The Holiday Resource

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
J.u.s.t.i.n.e. Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Justine

Red face Moving too fast?? - November 23rd 2009, 04:29 AM

My friend is scared that me and my boyfriend are moving too fast sexually in our relationship. We are moving kind of fast, but I don't feel preasured or uncomfortable with any of the stuff we're doing. But I am a little worried because we've been together a month and he's already fingered me and I've given him a handjob. I just don't know if we are moving too fast or not. I'm kind of confused with my friend constantly telling me if she finds out we've done more than making out she's going to be mad.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
LittleMiss Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Christine

Re: Moving too fast?? - November 23rd 2009, 04:44 AM

Firstly, it's your relationship, not hers. How is it any of her business?

Secondly, you're not moving all that past and you'll probably slow it down soon anyway. You'll reach a point that you'll sit at for a few months anyway.

It's your relationship and you have the right to choose what happens or not, not your friend.

Happy to talk about anything and everything.
Send me a message any time, my proverbial door is open

Laughter is the best medicine
Q: What's the difference between a surgeon and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Chzburger Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Moving too fast?? - November 23rd 2009, 05:16 AM

Yeah, as long as you and your partner are totally comfortable with the pace, there is nothing wrong. Don't let your friend's opinion make you overthink things.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Pelios Offline
on Pursuit of Happiness
Outside, huh?

Name: Andrea

Re: Moving too fast?? - November 23rd 2009, 06:44 AM

Don't be worried about that other people think of your relationship. You are not in a relationship with her, do what YOU feel ok doing and YOU decide if you are going too fast.

Everyone is born right-handed. Only the greatest overcome it.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
VampirePrincess Offline
Ice Princess
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Crystal

Re: Moving too fast?? - November 23rd 2009, 11:30 AM

It is your relationship and your business, is your friend peering in the window when you are with your boyfriend? Hopefully not! So she won't know what you do unless you tell her. So my word of advice? If you do something more don't tell her. And if she does find out and she's mad at you for that...well, I'm at a loss for words.

However, why is she so mad? I think you should take that into consideration before going any further, if you really trust your friend! If she's just not fond of sex or doesn't believe in taking a relationship that fast...follow the advice in my previous pararaph. Does she like the guy you're with and doesn't want to tell you? (If so, apologize and don't talk to her about your love life). Or does she possibly know something about him, like he is just using you or he's cheated on people before? (Not saying it is true just throwing something out there!)

In my personal opinion, you are going much too fast - but everyone has different opinions, I know some people who would say you're going too slow! So, how do you tell if it's too fast for you? If you're uncomfortable, you're going too fast. If you're not uncomfortable, then you're not going too fast. However, if you have even the slightest doubt, it's better to wait - in other words, stay where you are, just don't go forwards. Same goes for your partner, remember if they are uncomfortable you shouldn't pressure them.

{{sending PINTEREST invites! just ask!}}

Volume of a Doughnut
V = 2(pi)^2 * R(r)^2

Closed Thread