TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Xx_JodieAlana Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Jodie

Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 22nd 2009, 04:17 PM

I'm 14 and my boyfriend is almost 15.
Okay so, today is mine and my boyfriend's two month anniversary, and I was talking to him about what we should do for next month's anniversary, because we always celebrate our anniversaries by going out somewhere or just hanging out at his house or whatever we feel like doing really, and while we were trying to think up ideas, he suggested we have sex, and no, he wasn't pressuring me or anything, it was just a suggestion and he said it's up to me. We've already gone pretty far, further than I've gone with any guy before, I've given him handjobs and blowjobs and he's fingered me and stuff. I'm pretty sure I'm ready to have sex with him and all that, but I just think we're a little too young. I really want to have sex with him too, and I love him so much. So do you think I should have sex with him? Advice please!

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Xx_JodieAlana Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 22nd 2009, 04:33 PM

Oh and neither of us have had sex before and of course he'd wear a condom lol.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
TheLittleNinja Offline
I'm a secret ninja ;)
I've been here a while

Name: Claiiiiiiiiire

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 22nd 2009, 04:45 PM

Hey There =]

Like your boyfriend has said - It's up to you! I too feel your too young. I'm 16 and I'm only just starting to think about having sex.

If you have any doubts - then I'd say your not ready. If you feel to young - then tell him that! Do you not think that a 2 month relationship is a bit too soon to be thinking about sex?

And I'm glad to hear you've talked about protection xD

I'm still alive.
Must have been a miracle
It's been one hell of a ride
Destination still unkown
It's a fact of life: If you make one wrong move with a gun to your head
You better walk the line or you'll be left for dead.

I'm a runaway train on a broken track
I'm the ticker on the bomb that you can't turn back
Thats right.
I got away with it all and I'm still alive.
Let the end of the world come tumbling down.
I'll be the last man standing on the ground
As long as hot blood runs through my veins
I'm still alive.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Xx_JodieAlana Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 22nd 2009, 05:00 PM

First of all, thanks for replying and your advice

I think I'm just going to have to think about this a while longer and talk to him about it again. I don't think we're jumping into things too early though, even though I only have been going out with him for 2 months because we were best friends for over a year before he actually asked me out. I really can't decide if 14 is too young or not at the moment, like I said, I'm just going to have to think about it some more.

Thanks Again!

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Rosemma Offline
PullMe IntoYour PerfectCircle.
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Rosemma

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 22nd 2009, 05:26 PM

I think you should definatly wait a while and really think about it.

Youre obviously not 100% sure because you came on here to ask our opinions.
If your not 100% sure then dont do it.

Also if your unsure about if your too young or not, then its probably best to wait a little longer.
Its should be when your ready and have no doubt in your mind that you want to have sex.

I can understand that you love him and want to show him that. But like you said yourself, there are other things that you can do apart from sex.
Talk to him and Im sure he will have no problem with waiting.
Remember theres no rush

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Lightning Offline
Banned
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Anna

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 22nd 2009, 05:38 PM

I think you should wait a while and then decide if you are ready. If you feel you're too young -- then just say no to him and wait a bit longer maybe.
  Send a message via AIM to Lightning Send a message via MSN to Lightning  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
Mel14 Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Megan

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 22nd 2009, 05:51 PM

It's really up to you in the end, but I would suggest waiting. It's only been two months and you are still pretty young. In my opinion, I would wait. It's so early, are you sure you trust him?

I'm a house of cards in a hurricane.
A reckless ride in the pouring rain.
He cuts me and the pain is all I wanna feel.
He'll dance away just like a child.
He drives me crazy, drives me wild.
But I'm helpless when he smiles.

He broke my heart when I broke his xbox360

Cherry Cherry Boom Boom

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Jacksonian Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Jackson

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 22nd 2009, 05:56 PM

Its up to you but in my opinion, you are still far too young for such stuff.
Sex is special and a gift. Really Really special. So I suggest you wait.

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Nicolette Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Nicolette

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 22nd 2009, 06:38 PM

If you feel in anyway that you're too young then you're most likely right, why rush on things? You two have only been together for 2 months, enjoy what you're doing right now and wait on the sex, maybe that'll be a great 6 month anniversary present.

"When it comes down to it I let them think what they want, if they care enough to bother with what I do then I'm already better than them." Marilyn Monroe.
  Send a message via MSN to Nicolette Send a message via Yahoo to Nicolette  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Catherine Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Catherine

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 22nd 2009, 07:32 PM

I agree with most of the posters above.

I wouldn't even begin to think of having sex with anyone right now, I just wouldn't be ready for that. Then again, though, it would also be hard for me to imagine being in love with anyone enough to even want to go there with them, so maybe I'm not the best one to give advice, even if we are the same age.

If you feel like you're absolutely ready, then you are ready (as long as he's ready too, and you've thought about protection). You're right in deciding to think about it a little more, though. If you feel that you're too young, then don't. If you feel that you truly love him and that you can do it together and happily and that you won't regret it later, then do it. It's up to you. But remember, sex is a very special thing, so don't treat it too lightly.

Good luck, I hope you make the right decision (:

Sail across the sea
when you're ready
call back to me
on the shore
I'll be there waiting,
waiting for you always
to spend
the rest of eternity. <3

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Untethered Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 23rd 2009, 08:57 AM

I would wait. But that's me, not you.

You should have sex when you're ready to have sex. My girlfriend and I waited a DAMN long time, but we were both extremely thankful we waited, for a variety of reasons.

Sex before you're ready can be a really messed up experience, so you should be certain it's the right time before you go all the way.

When it's the right time, you'll be glad you saved yourselves for each other. ^_^

(#12 (permalink)) Old
*Rainbow*Rider* Offline
<3
I've been here a while

Name: H

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 23rd 2009, 09:06 AM

I think you might be asking for excuses not to do it here.
But you say you're ready, and if that's true, and you decide to do it, then please be safe. (Condoms. Condoms Condoms Condoms.)

Also, please remember that you won't get your virginity back, and remember, you're young. There's a massive chance you won't be with this guy forever. I've heard the words "HOW COULD HE LEAVE ME? I was a virgin before him!"

Whatever you choose, have fun, and stay safe.

If the world is a cold place
Make it your business to start some fires

(#13 (permalink)) Old
Mollie. Offline
Previously known as M4k :P
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Molly

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 23rd 2009, 11:45 AM

My friend and her boyfriend didn't wait, they were together for about a week but knew each other for ages before that, It messed up her whole relationship, so if i were you i'd wait a little longer
  Send a message via MSN to Mollie.  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
Jaguar Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Stephen Davis

Re: Should I have sex with my boyfriend? (Please help!) - December 23rd 2009, 01:38 PM

I'd say that two months is too soon. You're already doing other stuff, so why rush it. There's no hurry, so why rush into things before you know you're going to be together for a long time.

I would say no. Wait. Make it special with someone you have a solid relationship with.

What just happened?

Closed Thread