TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts


Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!



Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  (#1 (permalink)) Old
The_Princess Offline
Member
Average Joe
***
 
The_Princess's Avatar
 
Name: Tristyn
Age: 18
Gender: Female
Location: Ny, USA

Posts: 127
Join Date: February 7th 2011

Unhappy I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 2nd 2011, 03:58 AM

Yea, well that "problem" that I mentioned about being basically "orientation-confused" has NOT gone away! And because of how much I am determined to follow my religion, I refuse to go along with it. And for the record, I am not bashing anyone who has a preference for girls, I am just saying that for me, it is not an option. And it makes me feel....icky..... I absolutely HATE being a teenager!!!!


If you do not hope, you will not find what is beyond your hopes.
~St. Clement of Alexandra
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
Hiraeth Offline
Love makes all things possible

Experienced TeenHelper
******
 
Hiraeth's Avatar
 
Gender: Male
Location: a foggy, hilly place

Posts: 543
Join Date: October 24th 2010

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 2nd 2011, 04:32 AM

Ah, yes, what happens when we have to choose between two mutually exclusive, both very powerfully tempting paths?

Most of the time, if we are willing to let go a little and be more flexible, we will discover that there are ways to creatively integrate both paths, and that they do not necessarily need to be mutually exclusive. In the most traditional sense they are, yes, but we can be creative. Many people have done this and found the best of both worlds. Most of the time, in a situation like this, we will be persuaded to take this path.

But what happens when we lean very strongly to one side?

We need to listen to our intuition. Other people are going to have their opinions one way or the other, but ultimately, we know what is best for us, deep down. The most important thing to remember is, that our decision to adopt a certain way of being or identification should not in itself cause us suffering. If it feels 'wrong' in even the slightest way, it probably is.

Things are never as simple as a lot of people like to make it out to be. Sexuality is at first physical, but it is in every respect also emotional and spiritual. Just putting that out there.


"If limitations exist, it is because we have erased the possibility of potential."

Feel free to PM me if you ever need anything.
  Send a message via Skype™ to Hiraeth 
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Simplyme7 Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Simplyme7's Avatar
 
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In a land all my own

Posts: 363
Join Date: March 15th 2010

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 2nd 2011, 04:56 AM

I have a good friend that was gay for awhile, and he felt like it was the only way that he could be. But he also knew that it was against his religion.

It was hard, but he was able to overcome it. With the Lord everything is possible.

He has now been happily married for almost 4 years, and would never want anyone but his wife.

I know that I will probably get flamed for this, but it is a choice. Granted, it is each person's own to choice to make, but it is a choice. Do what you feel is right, and don't let anyone else tell you otherwise.

I am glad to hear that you are fighting this. =]

If you ever need anyone to talk to feel free to IM me.

Take care dear.




   
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while
********
 
Sythan's Avatar
 
Name: Nick (Or Nico)
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Location: East Bay Area, California

Posts: 1,126
Join Date: December 25th 2010

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 2nd 2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyme7 View Post
I know that I will probably get flamed for this, but it is a choice. Granted, it is each person's own to choice to make, but it is a choice.
My best friend committed suicide because he was gay and didn't understand why he couldn't change himself. Respectfully, I don't think you know a damn thing about being gay or lesbian.

The only "choice" you have it to either accept it and live with it, or deny it and risk emotional stress and problems for the rest of your life.


When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!
   
7 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Nightmare Offline
Part time ninja.
Junior TeenHelper
****
 
Nightmare's Avatar
 
Name: Dan
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Location: Connecticut

Posts: 233
Join Date: September 25th 2010

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 2nd 2011, 06:43 AM

I wouldn't worry too much about your religion versus sexuality. Be true to yourself even if it does feel like your church doesn't agree. Not everything in the bible is adhered to, not in an ever evolving society. We don't burn witches or stone adulterers, do we?
Yes, in Leviticus 18:22 it clearly condones homosexuality, however,
Leviticus 19:27 forbids certain hair cuts and shaving
Leviticus 11:8 forbids pork, bacon, sausage, and other pig products (not just food)
Leviticus 19:28 forbids all tatoos
Leviticus 19:19 forbids cross breeding of animals or combination of fabrics, yet I don't see any church protesting laberdoodles or other such dogs, nor protests of polyester.
etc etc etc.
Point is this: While the bible may be the guideline of your religion, standards change. There's nothing wrong with any of the above, nor is there anything wrong with homosexuality; it's natural, it's not something you simply control. Besides, if your God so greatly despised homosexuality, why did He make you attracted towards other girls in the first place?
-Dan


You can't ~Here to help! PM me!!~
take away
my strength
   
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
colorherworldxo Offline
Member
Welcome me, I'm new!
*
 
colorherworldxo's Avatar
 
Name: Ashlee
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Niagara Falls NY

Posts: 12
Join Date: April 4th 2011

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 5th 2011, 02:58 AM

Okay so I'm not at all trying to be confrontational but being gay IS NOT a choice. The only choice in the matter is; Will I be who I am or will I PRETEND not to be who I am ? That's it. I was kicked out of my church for being gay. Since that day I have never looked back. I believe in God and I have a relationship with him but I in fact am a lesbian. And despite popular belief, God loves me. Don't look at it as being gay or straight, look at it as, what would make you happy.

If you ever need to talk, message me. I don't judge and I've been where you are.
  Send a message via AIM to colorherworldxo Send a message via Yahoo to colorherworldxo  
2 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while
********
 
SouthernBelle.'s Avatar
 
Name: Anna
Gender: Female
Location: West Virginia, US

Posts: 1,063
Join Date: November 30th 2010

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 7th 2011, 02:01 AM

Sweet, I may not be a Christian, but I was and still am being raised by a Christian family; very, very conservative. So I'm going to tell you what they would say, if they were accepting of me being bisexual in the least. (At this point, I'm really, really hoping you're a Christian. )

Anywho, you don't have to choose between your religion and your sexuality. God made everyone the way he meant to make them. He made you gay for a reason, for a purpose that you cannot fully comprehend until you do what God wants you to do. Sure, you may think that it's Satan trying to lead you down the wrong path, but maybe God needs you to save someone, to touch someone's life and guide them into the light and away from Satan, and the only way you can do it is by being a lesbian!

God looks at your heart, and your mind. He looks at your compassion and your faith in Him. So, my advice is to stop fighting it and listen to what God is telling you to do, because if not, you're in for a whole heap of trouble from all sides.

Believe me. I fought this thing so fiercely from the time I first thought a girl was pretty when I was eleven years old, that in the end, I ended up being so concentrated on not having feelings for girls that I lost sight of God himself. Don't fight it, or you'll regret it.

And if you really want to not be a lesbian, then get used to having either...

-- 1) A lonely life by yourself without anyone to take care of you and an inevitably career-centered future, with no social life because you keep having crushes on your female friends and come to resent them for 'tempting' you so, or...

-- 2) An equally lonely life, but instead in a house filled with children and a husband who never fully satisfies you, constantly growing more and more resentful until you end up divorcing, remarrying, and divorcing again before finally deciding to become a career-centered lady, as in number one.

Or, you could always choose the third choice...

-- 3) Accept yourself for who you are and how God made you, meet a brilliant, beautiful girl who makes you happy, move off to a bright and beautiful land where you can marry each other and adopt children, get a job, and be as happy as you can be.

And that's about all I have to say.

And just to say, I'm tempted to cuss you out, Miss Simplyme7, because you make being a lesbian sound like a disease and a choice. It isn't. And if you're so closed-minded to tell a girl to carry on trying to fight her own human nature and the likes and dislikes that her God gave her, then I say you have no business giving her advice. Because you don't even know what you're talking about.


Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.



   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Simplyme7 Offline
Member
Regular TeenHelper
*****
 
Simplyme7's Avatar
 
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: In a land all my own

Posts: 363
Join Date: March 15th 2010

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 7th 2011, 03:21 PM

All that I meant when posting this, was that from the people I know, I know that is possible to fight it and be happy. I have quite a few friends that felt that they were gay, and truley did not want to be. They fought against it, and they are all happily married to straight people. That is what I was trying to get across. I said that it can be a choice. Not an easy one, but it can be done. At least for some people.

If she doesn't want to be a lesbian, and she wants to fight it, who's to stop her? I was simply giving her encouragement by telling her the stories that I've heard.

Yes, I do believe that it is a choice. I also believe that being straight is a choice. We are allowed to make choices everyday. We may feel more led to make one choice over another, but it is still a choice. It is up to the person to decide which choice they are going to make. I do not look down on gays or lesbians, in fact I have some good friends who chose to follow that way. All that I was saying was that it is possible to chose to be straight and live a happy life. Sure its not easy at first, but what in life is?

I have never meant any offense, all the things I've said are just my opinion and are from the things I have seen in my life. Everyone has different views and opinions depending upon their life experiences. These are mine.

My main point is just that it is possible. The_Princess, if you don't want to be a lesbian, then you can fight it. No, it's not easy, but it is possible. Like I said, I have friends who have handled it, and they are not lonely and single or unhappy. They truly are in love with their significant others.

It IS possible. That's all I wanted you to know.




   
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Sythan Offline
Our life is what we make it
I've been here a while
********
 
Sythan's Avatar
 
Name: Nick (Or Nico)
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Location: East Bay Area, California

Posts: 1,126
Join Date: December 25th 2010

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 7th 2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyme7 View Post
All that I meant when posting this, was that from the people I know, I know that is possible to fight it and be happy. I have quite a few friends that felt that they were gay, and truley did not want to be. They fought against it, and they are all happily married to straight people. That is what I was trying to get across. I said that it can be a choice. Not an easy one, but it can be done. At least for some people.

If she doesn't want to be a lesbian, and she wants to fight it, who's to stop her? I was simply giving her encouragement by telling her the stories that I've heard.

Yes, I do believe that it is a choice. I also believe that being straight is a choice. We are allowed to make choices everyday. We may feel more led to make one choice over another, but it is still a choice. It is up to the person to decide which choice they are going to make. I do not look down on gays or lesbians, in fact I have some good friends who chose to follow that way. All that I was saying was that it is possible to chose to be straight and live a happy life. Sure its not easy at first, but what in life is?

I have never meant any offense, all the things I've said are just my opinion and are from the things I have seen in my life. Everyone has different views and opinions depending upon their life experiences. These are mine.

My main point is just that it is possible. The_Princess, if you don't want to be a lesbian, then you can fight it. No, it's not easy, but it is possible. Like I said, I have friends who have handled it, and they are not lonely and single or unhappy. They truly are in love with their significant others.

It IS possible. That's all I wanted you to know.
Who would choose to live a life being bullied and harrased? The only choice you have is to live with it and be proud, or live in fear and try and cover it up with denial, your friend didn't fight it, he covered it up with denial.

Though your God may not be the one I worship, Ive seen an Archbishop who once said "All those people who say God doesn't love Gays or Lesbians is DEAD WRONG, God loves everyone, he made you that way". The_Princess, God will love you no matter what. The Bible was not written by God, it was written by men, men who are wrong and men who sin.


When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love.

GAY PRIDE!!!!!!

Last edited by Sythan; April 7th 2011 at 10:37 PM.
   
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while
********
 
Ryan1's Avatar
 
Name: Ryan
Age: 23
Gender: Male
Location: Canada, Ontario

Posts: 1,469
Join Date: January 1st 2010

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 7th 2011, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythan View Post
Though your God may not be the one I worship, Ive seen an Archbishop who once said "All those people who say God doesn't love Gays or Lesbians is DEAD WRONG, God loves everyone, he made you that way". The_Princess, God will love you no matter what. The Bible was not written by God, it was written by men, men who are wrong and men who sin.
You hit the nail right on the head, I'm catholic and couldn't agree more.
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#11 (permalink)) Old
Stupidity Kills
Outside, huh?
**********
 
OMFG!You'reActuallySmart!'s Avatar
 

Posts: 4,502
Join Date: December 19th 2009

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 7th 2011, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyme7 View Post

Yes, I do believe that it is a choice. I also believe that being straight is a choice. We are allowed to make choices everyday.
That's a dismal argument. Although this isn't the debate thread, if you think it is a choice, give a reason(s) why. Also, give a reason(s) why the idea that it is not a choice, is wrong. Making choices everyday is such a laughable argument for this. All that I'll say for now is if it is such a clear-cut choice, it would be relatively easy to be of whatever sexual orientation yet the fact people fight it for so long makes it seem like it's not that much of a choice. I can choose to go about and buy a red shirt versus a white shirt, it's pretty easy, it shouldn't take me years to decide. With your argument, it takes years and years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyme7 View Post
All that I was saying was that it is possible to chose to be straight and live a happy life. Sure its not easy at first, but what in life is?
You're assuming they're straight or of whatever orientation. They may be inclined toward one way and still are but have suppressed it. If you want to say they changed orientation by choice, then you need an argument supporting that, not an argument of they may have possibly changed but you don't actually know. If you want to know, turn to scientific experiments then you have concrete evidence, otherwise it's merely a guessing game that you're attempting to turn into a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyme7 View Post
My main point is just that it is possible. The_Princess, if you don't want to be a lesbian, then you can fight it. No, it's not easy, but it is possible. Like I said, I have friends who have handled it, and they are not lonely and single or unhappy. They truly are in love with their significant others.
If it is possible, why is there so little scientific evidence supporting that? There are people of various orientations and religious/non-religious, surely it'd be easy to do a multitude of studies, yet not one says it is only down to a choice. Why is that?


I can rip you off, and steal all your cash, suckerpunch you in the face, stand back and laugh. Leave you stranded as fast as a heart-attack.
- Danko Jones (I Think Bad Thoughts)
   
4 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#12 (permalink)) Old
SoSick Offline
Member
Not a n00b
**
 
SoSick's Avatar
 
Age: 19
Gender: Female

Posts: 51
Join Date: January 29th 2011

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 8th 2011, 12:41 AM

Basically, here it is: I know you, and you are not a lesbian. You have a crush on my boyfriend. You're just a teenager with hormones. It'll pass soon, and you'll look back and wonder how you could've been so childish. I already do it. We're in the same boat.

(and I didn't mention religion once ;P)


I don't need to shout, I just need to Scream.......
   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#13 (permalink)) Old
Power Cosmic Offline
Member
Outside, huh?
**********
 
Power Cosmic's Avatar
 
Name: Janos
Age: 24
Gender: Male
Location: Dundee, Scotland

Posts: 3,975
Join Date: January 6th 2009

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 8th 2011, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplyme7 View Post
All that I meant when posting this, was that from the people I know, I know that is possible to fight it and be happy. I have quite a few friends that felt that they were gay, and truley did not want to be. They fought against it, and they are all happily married to straight people. That is what I was trying to get across. I said that it can be a choice. Not an easy one, but it can be done. At least for some people.

If she doesn't want to be a lesbian, and she wants to fight it, who's to stop her? I was simply giving her encouragement by telling her the stories that I've heard.

Yes, I do believe that it is a choice. I also believe that being straight is a choice. We are allowed to make choices everyday. We may feel more led to make one choice over another, but it is still a choice. It is up to the person to decide which choice they are going to make. I do not look down on gays or lesbians, in fact I have some good friends who chose to follow that way. All that I was saying was that it is possible to chose to be straight and live a happy life. Sure its not easy at first, but what in life is?

I have never meant any offense, all the things I've said are just my opinion and are from the things I have seen in my life. Everyone has different views and opinions depending upon their life experiences. These are mine.

My main point is just that it is possible. The_Princess, if you don't want to be a lesbian, then you can fight it. No, it's not easy, but it is possible. Like I said, I have friends who have handled it, and they are not lonely and single or unhappy. They truly are in love with their significant others.

It IS possible. That's all I wanted you to know.

That is sick =/. I'm sorry, I wish I could be polite and be all "Oh well, each to their own, eh?", but no, that's just sick, homophobic religious bullshit...not only are you trying to get people to deny their innate and essential natures but you're then trying to glorify the tragic tales of people who've been crushed under the heels of that perverted doctrine you follow.
Also I should point out that these stories you've 'heard' have the rancid reek of the above-mentioned bullshit hovering around them, there's no way you can know what's in their thought's, how tortured these poor people must be having been forced to curb their natural desires all because someone backwards fools told him so.
For fuck sake, homosexuality is NOT something to fight, it's your nature, and that doesn't make you a bad person or anything. It's just another attribute, like having brown hair or green eyes.

Think of it this way, if you look at a girl and think "I would" or whatever your local colloquial affectation is; then you're attracted to girls. Whether that means you're a lesbian or bisexual or what, I don't know, since you didn't mention if you liked guys too.
And want to know what? It doesn't matter if you do like girls. If you still have any illusions about your religion being a force for good in any way, shape or form, then remember, "God/Jesus loves you all" supersedes any hate-inciting rubbish.

I mean come on, the OP doesn't live in Iran =/.




"My one desire is for peace -- peace for everyone"

  Send a message via MSN to Power Cosmic  
3 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while
********
 
SouthernBelle.'s Avatar
 
Name: Anna
Gender: Female
Location: West Virginia, US

Posts: 1,063
Join Date: November 30th 2010

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 8th 2011, 02:04 PM

Simplyme7, that is absolutely sick.

Like Nick said, it is most absolutely not a choice. Do you think any of us would 'choose' to be gay or lesbian or bisexual, and be looked down on by our own mothers and fathers? Do you I think chose to be bisexual, when if I ever decided to come out about it, I'd lose half of my family, and some (but less) of my friends?

Yes, we are flaming you. But we have a good reason to do so. It's like I keep trying to explain to everyone else: Can you help it if you like your favorite food? No. It's just the same way with me. I can't help it that I like girls, and I've stopped resisting and now I'm happier for it.

The_Princess, dear, you're not condemned for being gay. Your God will love you no matter your size, shape, age, gender, sexuality, race, or family. The one thing he will not like is you hating anyone, including yourself. And if you go down this path Simplyme7 suggests, you will end up hating yourself, and God will like you less for it. If you go down that path, you'll be more tortured than you ever would have been in any hell. The way I choose to look at it is this, because my parents preach at me right and left at least once and week or take me to a preacher if that's not going anywhere: If I end up going to hell, then I'll very well walk in there with my head held high.

Believe me, it's a lot easier to accept that than to force yourself to be something you're not.


Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.




Last edited by SouthernBelle.; April 8th 2011 at 02:12 PM.
   
  (#15 (permalink)) Old
Holliex Offline
The voice of common sense
Not a n00b
**
 
Holliex's Avatar
 
Name: Hollie
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: At Uni in Tenerife xD

Posts: 53
Join Date: June 5th 2009

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 8th 2011, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sythan View Post
My best friend committed suicide because he was gay and didn't understand why he couldn't change himself. Respectfully, I don't think you know a damn thing about being gay or lesbian.

The only "choice" you have it to either accept it and live with it, or deny it and risk emotional stress and problems for the rest of your life.
I'm gay. I make no bones about it and I don't hide it. It is not a choice 'to be gay or not' it is simply the way that one's inner feelings work.

The main problem about 'coming out' as far as I can see it, is that fact that others judge. If there were no prejudices or religious aspect, people would be quite happy to admit their orientation without fear of being labeled.


It's cold comfort
To the ones without it
To know how they struggled
How they suffered about it
If their lives were exotic and strange
They would likely have gladly exchanged them
For something a little more plain
Maybe something a little more sane
  Send a message via MSN to Holliex  
  (#16 (permalink)) Old
LittleMiss Offline
Member
Senior TeenHelper
*******
 
LittleMiss's Avatar
 
Name: Christine
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: Australia

Posts: 991
Join Date: June 29th 2009

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 10th 2011, 01:43 PM

Disclaimer: I haven't read your other thread so if I misunderstand, forgive me.

Please don't flame me for saying this but, you're only 15, there is a chance that your feelings will change, there is also a chance they may not.
Also, sexuality is a spectrum, it's not as simple as this person is gay or straight, most people are somewhere in between.
Attraction is a purely natural thing, it's not something we control, it's biological.

When I was 15, I was convinced that I was completely 50/50 bisexual - I was in love with my best friend (at the time) and she was also bi, she did freak out when she found out I liked her and it got extremely awkward between us.
As I got older, I realised that it was a little bit of hormones, a little bit of infatuation and a bit of confusion between platonic and romantic love.
But was it under my control? No way!

But as I got older I changed my views, no consciously but my tastes refined and matured. Adolescence is a messy time when your hormones are all over the shop. Attraction is like that too and really, that's the point of adolescence, it's for your body to learn balance.

I hope things work out for you and I also hope you stay true to yourself and not let any other views interfere with who you are.


Happy to talk about anything and everything.
Send me a message any time, my proverbial door is open

Laughter is the best medicine
Q: What's the difference between a surgeon and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

   
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#17 (permalink)) Old
Kumagoro Offline
Formerly ChaosControl
I've been here a while
********
 
Kumagoro's Avatar
 
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Location: UK

Posts: 1,710
Join Date: March 30th 2009

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 10th 2011, 02:07 PM

This wasn't meant to be an "Is sexuality a choice?" debate. While I agree that it's impossible to choose who you are attracted to, shall we stop shoving it down other people's throats and help the OP with her question?

OP - I am sure that your god will love you whether you are straight, lesbian, bi, or whatever. Personally, I think it is (certain people in) society that condemns homosexuality, not the religion. You are free to believe what you wish to believe in. If you believe your god loves you for you, I'm sure you'll gain a lot of happiness from that.




   
  (#18 (permalink)) Old
Holliex Offline
The voice of common sense
Not a n00b
**
 
Holliex's Avatar
 
Name: Hollie
Age: 24
Gender: Female
Location: At Uni in Tenerife xD

Posts: 53
Join Date: June 5th 2009

Re: I am NOT a lesbian!!! - April 12th 2011, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by handgrenadeheart View Post
This wasn't meant to be an "Is sexuality a choice?" debate. While I agree that it's impossible to choose who you are attracted to, shall we stop shoving it down other people's throats and help the OP with her question?

OP - I am sure that your god will love you whether you are straight, lesbian, bi, or whatever. Personally, I think it is (certain people in) society that condemns homosexuality, not the religion. You are free to believe what you wish to believe in. If you believe your god loves you for you, I'm sure you'll gain a lot of happiness from that.
I think the OP has answered her own question. She seems happy to let her religion rule over her own feelings and if that's what she wants who are we to deny her that right. The title tells it all. I think most of the people who have replied have simply underlined their opinions about how they see 'God' working.


It's cold comfort
To the ones without it
To know how they struggled
How they suffered about it
If their lives were exotic and strange
They would likely have gladly exchanged them
For something a little more plain
Maybe something a little more sane
  Send a message via MSN to Holliex  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Tags
icky, lesbian, orientation, religion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





All material copyright 1998-2014, TeenHelp.
Terms | Legal | Privacy | Conduct

Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search engine optimization by vBSEO.
Theme developed in association with vBStyles.