TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Sex and Puberty For questions related to sex, puberty, and similar topics, ask here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SamMarie Offline
Sam
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Sam

When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 7th 2011, 12:47 PM

I was just wondering if males ever have that emotional bond when they lose their virginity? (yes, i'm talking about when they're sober) Don't they ever feel like they gave themselves to that person if they had a close connection with that person?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Acheron Offline
El Tigre
I can't get enough

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 7th 2011, 12:51 PM

I didn't. In fact, I was pretty dispassionate throughout.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 7th 2011, 01:22 PM

If they had a close connection to begin with, I'd assume so. I don't think it can be expected when the person is having sex just for the sake of it without any emotion.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
PlayingPretend Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Elliotte

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 7th 2011, 02:26 PM

I agree with the above poster.

I know with my current partner, during our friendship, he had the idea that it wouldn't be so much with who but if the opportunity arose. I brought this up again, later, and he said it was simply because he'd "stopped fantasising about the perfect first time" and he'd "given up finding that special person." And then some mushy things were said (), hence my believing there needs to be a close connection beforehand, but I would guess the same is true for women. Had I lost my virginity to some random man or woman who I dragged in off the street... I probably would not have much a connection with them, either. But I do think that that close connection will be there if it is there.

If you feel you'd like additional support or to speak further with me, you can contact me through my personal Tumblr, Love Like An Hourglass (click), or PM me through TH.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 7th 2011, 03:38 PM

I think it depends on the person. If there was already an emotional connection when he lost his virginity, then I would say, yes he would have one. If he didn't, I doubt there would be one afterward.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
oOo.NICKI.oOo Offline
Average Joe

Name: Nicki

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 7th 2011, 04:55 PM

Hmm... That's though to answer. Obviously I'm a girl, so I can't speak from experience, but I think it's more common for guys not to care as much as girls do when it comes to an emotional connection related to their virginity. I think it has a lot to do with the way males are brought up. Having sex with women is often something guys praise one another for, whereas girls are considered sluts if they sleep around too much.

However, I also believe that this is based on the individual. Everyone is different, so some guys may have a connection, while others don't. I think it is also important whether or not they have a strong relationship with their first partner. If it is someone they know very well, then they may have more of a connection than if they didn't know or they were not close with the person.

Send a message via MSN to oOo.NICKI.oOo Send a message via Yahoo to oOo.NICKI.oOo  
  (#7 (permalink)) Old
dd95 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Brad

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 8th 2011, 02:15 AM

i'd have to agree with Shannon. i'd think it would depend on the person...it's like that for guys and girls. i go to school with girls who have to be very close and have a connection with someone when they have sex and some who go from guy to guy and don't care if they see them again and it's the same with guys.

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 8th 2011, 04:26 AM

Do males ever have an emotional bond with losing their virginity?

Do bears shit in the woods?

Of course males have created an emotional bond through virginity. Men and women are both homo sapiens, unfortunately, so if females ever created an emotional bond with losing virginity, then males certainly can too. Just because we have a penis doesn't mean we're incapable of feelings; don't believe the stereotypes because they're complete bullshit.

"I may not be smart, but I am stupid." - Brandon

Got a question and want brutal honesty? PM me!
  Send a message via MSN to Brandon Send a message via Yahoo to Brandon Send a message via Skype™ to Brandon 
5 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#9 (permalink)) Old
Angelito Offline
Pimpô
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Angel

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 8th 2011, 07:52 AM

nah i didnt, i was just home alone one night and just called one of my exs over and then it happend. havent talked to her since X)
  Send a message via MSN to Angelito  
  (#10 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Name: Madeleine Claire

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 8th 2011, 09:54 PM

I would probably be really sad/upset if I found out that losing it meant nothing to the guy I lost it to..

Granted there are a lot of different situations in which sex can happen, but I'm planning on my first time being with a virgin as well (I just could not lose it to a guy that had given his to someone else..) so I would hope it's something special for him!

<3

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Ryan1 Offline
A Man Of My Word
I've been here a while

Name: Ryan

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 9th 2011, 04:32 PM

I wish I had an emotional bond with the girl I had sex with for the first time. Sadly it was a mistake for the both of us and it trashed our friendship. We both wanted to try it so we did after that it got awkward. I think in many situations males do get an emotional connection especially if they hold on to their virginity until a more mature age because then it has more value to them.

Last edited by Ryan1; July 9th 2011 at 05:56 PM.

(#12 (permalink)) Old
toxxxic21 Offline
It's Never Too Late <3
Average Joe

Re: When males lose their virginity do they have an emotional connection? - July 10th 2011, 12:24 AM

i asked my boyfriend this...he just looked at me like i was crazy and said "i already had an incredible emotional connection with you...if i didnt i wouldnt have had sex with you...this made it twice as strong..."
I love him

~whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same~

Closed Thread