TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

I thought potty training was half way over? - September 15th 2016, 05:47 PM

Okay. So we've had Ava day time potty trained for a very long while now. We used a 'pull up' or whatever they're called during the night, because she would still sometimes pee in her bed at night, or during nap time.

Anyway, Ava hasn't had an accident during the day in a very very long time, but this past week she has been peeing in the floor/bed every single chance she gets. Has anyone else experienced this? I don't really believe in getting on to her for going pee. Accidents happen. However, it is like she just refuses to go to the potty anymore, and I'm not entirely sure how to handle the situation. I've been trying to think of any added stress she may be experiencing. Any changes in her daily routine that could cause her to pee in her pants, and I can't really think of any. I've also encouraged her to use the potty more often, and have been reminding her so we can try and avoid these accidents.

If anyone has any advice that would be awesome. Thanks it advance.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
~Radio Flyer~ Offline
Please call that story back.

I've been here a while

Name: Violet

Re: I thought potty training was half way over? - September 18th 2016, 02:46 PM

Sometimes kids are not ready and end up going back. What happens when she has to go? Does she tell you and then you go with her or does she go to the bathroom herself? Sometimes kids are shy to tell adults when they need to go, end up holding it in, until they can't. I remember that happened with a 2 year old at the daycare I worked at. But I think it would help if you investigate exactly what happens. If you want to just in case, you can speak to her pediatrician. It can't hurt to hear their opinion.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Calaer Offline
I have the Millennium Puzzle
I can't get enough

Name: Calaer

Re: I thought potty training was half way over? - September 19th 2016, 01:38 AM

I have spoken to her doctor already. Turns out, Ava is stressed out about some changes going on in our home life. Nothing negative, just a lot for a three year old to process and take in. We are dealing with it accordingly. Thanks for the advice. I no longer need this thread.

"One day, in retrospect, the years of struggle will strike you as the most beautiful." ~Sigmund Freud

Send a message via Skype™ to Calaer 
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
.:Bibliophile:. Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: I thought potty training was half way over? - September 20th 2016, 03:45 AM

Since you have resolved the issue I am going to go ahead and close the thread. Feel free to make a new thread if you need.

|Lead Moderator|Newsletter Officer|

Closed Thread