TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Oneirophobia♥ Offline
Fear of Dreams

Average Joe

Name: Christine

Long story short. - May 13th 2017, 02:23 AM

This thread has been labeled as containing spoilers. The contents of this thread might therefore describe important elements of a storyline that could ruin it for you. Please take this into consideration before continuing to read.

As many of you know, I was pregnant last year, I got to about 31 weeks and lost my little boy, and delivered a stillborn. It happened in January and took a huge toll on myself and my husband.
After our 6 week check up our ob told us we could try again, that my body was back to normal, and that it was safe to do so.
A few weeks after that we got the autopsy report back of our little boy, explaining it was placental issues that caused his death, but they could not figure out what caused the placental issues.
Our ob told us it was safe to continue to try again when we were ready, and that it was a slim chance of happening again, but even though it was he wanted to see me personally, instead of my family doctor and a nurse practitioner. He said he found there was a lot of mistakes that took place with my first pregnancy ones that they should of picked up, and sent me to the hospital for. so he wanted to watch me much closer, and I am considered high risk.

So last much I was positive I was pregnant, I had positive tests, and it ended up being a chemical pregnancy/ or an early miscarriage according to my ob. It upset us but didn't stop us from trying again. This time we decided to track my ovulation with test strips.

Long story short, we found out last week, we are 4 and a half weeks pregnant with our rainbow baby.
I am not sure how to handle it, and how to feel. I am happy and positive, but also so worried, but I know my ob will take good care of me.
Does anyone have any advice for me with this?

I fell in love the way you fall asleep. Slowly then all at once <3

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Ambedo. Offline
I'm as sane as I ever was.

Outside, huh?

Name: Sam

Re: Long story short. - May 13th 2017, 04:58 AM

Hey there,

First things first, congratulations! It's perfectly normal to have mixed feelings regarding this pregnancy considering all that you have gone through with past pregnancies. While your worries may get the better of you from time to time, remember that they are completely valid.

One thing that you might want to consider doing is writing down any questions/concerns that you have in between your appointments with your OB. When you do have an appointment, use it as an opportunity to have those questions and concerns addressed. Perhaps you could even take the piece of paper or notebook you use with you so you can write down any solutions or tips that the OB gives you. Doing so will allow you to use it as a point of reference if you start to question whether or not something is normal with this pregnancy.

I'd also recommend getting support from those around you, particularly other women who have been pregnant. You could look to your mom or grandmother, friends who have been pregnant, or join a group for expecting mothers or mothers who have gone through situations similar to your own. By reaching out to women who have carried a baby to term, you'll have more opportunities beyond your standard appointments to ask questions about what is normal and get advice on actions to take if something does feel off. Joining a support group for mothers who have also suffered the loss of a child will also give you an opportunity to address your concerns in a safe environment with people who have a deeper understanding of what you are going through.

I really hope this pregnancy is successful and that you get to welcome your little rainbow baby into the world!

Take care,
Sammi

wanderlust consumed her;
foreign hearts & exotic minds compelled her.
she had a gypsy soul
and a vibrant heart for the unknown.
-d. marie

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Iridescent. Offline
I've been here a while

Re: Long story short. - May 13th 2017, 01:01 PM

Hey Christine, first I want to say congratulations! I can only imagine how anxious you must be feeling now having already endured a couple losses in a short period of time. I think Sammi gave some pretty good advice.

Reach out to people around you for support, such as your mother or any other female friend that have been pregnant. Whether or not they've suffered a loss shouldn't matter, because all pregnancies are unexpected and it's likely they've gone through something as well.

Also like Sammi said, write down questions or concerns you may have and present them to your doctor when you have your appointments. Don't worry about how the questions might sound out loud, your concerns are legitimate. I'm sure you have a lot of questions and concerns now, so don't be afraid to voice them. You can also talk to your mother and female friends about these as well in between appointments.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
.Brittany. Offline
AKA Reckless Emotion

TeenHelp Addict

Name: Brittany

Re: Long story short. - May 15th 2017, 10:04 PM

Hey Christine!

I know you PM'd me about this, but I have been really busy, which is why I have yet to post/reply. I'm so glad that you conceived again! I really hope that this baby will make it to full term.

Now that your OB knows what happened last time, I'm sure they will make sure that this doesn't happen again. I'm always here if you want advice, and never be afraid to call your OB or go to the hospital if anything feels weird at all!

Brittany <3

“You are braver than you believe,
stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.”

HelpLINK Mentor | Live Help Mentor | Article Editor
Forum & Chat Moderator

Closed Thread