TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

(#1 (permalink)) Old
RampageXLI Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Exclamation Possibly Pregnancy? Help! - February 9th 2018, 03:25 PM

My girlfriend and I are kind of freaking out with anxiety.

She has been taking birth control for more than a week now (Junel 21 Day if that helps).
She's taken it for at least a full week and each time she's taken it, she has taken it within 2 hours of the previous time. Except ONE, which she took within 2 hours and 2 minutes.

From what I understand, she's still protected as long as she takes her pill within 2 hours of the previous time. Ex: She started taking the first one at 8:30 P.M. the next day she took it at 9:30 P.M., the third day she took it at 9:30 P.M. and so on... but one of those 7 days, she took it at 10:32 P.M.

We did have sex after those 7 days, unprotected, and excuse my crudeness, but I did finish inside of her.

We're anxious she's not completely protected and will get pregnant, mainly because of that 2 hours and 2 minutes pill.

So my question is: ARE WE SAFE? or should I take emergency action?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Katrina Offline
you only live once.
I can't get enough

Name: Katrina

Re: Possibly Pregnancy? Help! - February 10th 2018, 10:12 PM

Hi, and welcome...

Noticed that you posted this yesterday morning... did you guys make any decisions about the situation since then?
Even with taking BC consistently, it'd be unlikely but still possible to become pregnant. According to PlannedParenthood, "When used perfectly, the pill is 99% effective. But when it comes to real life, the pill is about 91% effective because it can be hard to be perfect. So in reality, 9 out of 100 pill users get pregnant each year." Potentially worth having a conversation about/considering always using a backup method of protection in addition to BC (at least for now) to avoid any scares in the future.

Best of luck,
Katrina

Send a message via MSN to Katrina  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
~Abibliophobe~ Offline
PM me anytime!

TeenHelp Veteran

Re: Possibly Pregnancy? Help! - February 11th 2018, 05:32 PM

Hey there,

As stated, even when people use the pill correctly there is a chance that a person could end up pregnant. That is why a lot of people choose to utilize two form of contraceptive such as Birth Control and condoms. If you two are worried that she might be pregnant it would probably be a good idea for her to take a pregnancy test two weeks from the last time she had sex. I know this is a stressful time for the both of you but my hope is that it ends up working out well.

One suggestion I will make is that if she is not pregnant the two of you consider using two forms of contraceptive.

Best regards.

Do you love books or are you having trouble finding books to read? Come check out my blog where I will discuss all things books:
https://abibliophobe1989.wordpress.com/blog/
If you like what you see please follow!