TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

faint line on test. - March 21st 2011, 02:10 AM

I don't know what to make of the test I got a faint positive test and AF is a week and a half almost two weeks late my cervix has yet to move and my doctor isn't back until next week. Any thoughts? It happened right away not like an evap window. it looks a lot like the one I have the picture of. The cell phone camera didn't work so I had to use one that i found online mine was a blue test and it showed up in the 2 minutes as said.. It obviously doesn't have the 9 dpo

http://photos.whattoexpect.com/healt...c-da8f87366ae4

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#2 (permalink)) Old
darkangeljbm Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Jaclyn

Re: faint line on test. - March 21st 2011, 02:58 AM

It could be just a glitch sometimes they will do that. But there is a good chance you are pregnant so be sure not to go out drinking or anything just in case . also i would be sure to get another test done either a home test or a doctors office test done in the next week or two I hope you get the news you want

(#3 (permalink)) Old
rac146 Offline
Missing Molly
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Ruth

Re: faint line on test. - March 21st 2011, 04:09 AM

If you are unsure, you could buy one of the digital tests that say either "pregnant" or "not pregnant"

When there is a faint line on the test, generally speaking, a positive is a positive, it just means that you may not have that much hormones in your system yet to make the line really dark, but you wouldn't have any of the hormone in your body at all if you weren't pregnant, so a digital test tells you without the confusion of faint vs dark lines. I found the digital ones weren't even that much more expensive, I paid 12 bucks for 2 digital tests and it was 15 for three normal ones. True, one less test, but with no confusion, you don't really need as many. (thats what I figure, anyway)

Look a rattata!!!!

(#4 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: faint line on test. - March 21st 2011, 06:25 AM

thats what i was assuming kind of both of the answers. i know the best answer is go to my doctor (who actually a family practice/ob) next week when she's back from vacation. I've never felt this sick had a faint line and missed AF that long :-/. The odd thing is the only time I feel like I have ANY kind of cramp is if I don't drink enough. Which a nurse once told me would be from the stretching of my uturus.

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#5 (permalink)) Old
Jaden89 Offline
Taste The Rainbow...
Average Joe

Name: Malissa

Re: faint line on test. - March 21st 2011, 05:11 PM

If your doctor is going to be out it would be a good idea to see another doctor in the mean time. Maybe even another doctor in the same building would be appropriate. You could also as others suggested get a digital test however I will say when I was pregnant with my daughter mine was only a faint line as well. A positive is normally a positive faint or not.

Live Help Operator/Help Link Operator - Please feel free to pm me if you need anything.

Moderator for the Pregnancy and Childcare forum.

"Ignorance killed the cat, Curiosity was framed."
  Send a message via Yahoo to Jaden89  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: faint line on test. - March 21st 2011, 06:05 PM

Blue Dye tests suck. Just an FYI on that one

There is a thing called an Evap line (kind of looks like a faint positive, but its not) and blue dye tests give those off a lot. I suggest going to the store and buying a pink dye test (First response early response, answer are both pink dyes) and take it with either first morning urine or after you have held your pee for 4 hrs and NOT drank an excessive of fluids, as that can dilute your urine. If you still get a faint result, your eggo is preggo my dear. If not, it was an evap line.

Best of luck to you!

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#7 (permalink)) Old
LucyLouWho Offline
In that order...
I've been here a while

Name: Chelsey

Re: faint line on test. - March 21st 2011, 10:19 PM

Anytime I've taken blue dye tests, I always see a second line... even when I'm not pregnant. I suggest buying a pink dye one and see what kind of result it gives you.

Good luck.

Previously Mommy.Wife.Student

(#8 (permalink)) Old
Alicia.C Offline
Mom to irish twins
Average Joe

Name: Alicia

Re: faint line on test. - March 23rd 2011, 07:49 PM

That test is definitely positive. No question about it. False negatives are a lot more common than false positives. You could get another test, I have no doubts that a digital would work for you with the line being as dark as it is. To be honest, that is a very good, healthy second line for being 9dpo. Are you hoping to be pregnant?

(#9 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: faint line on test. - March 23rd 2011, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia.C View Post
That test is definitely positive. No question about it. False negatives are a lot more common than false positives. You could get another test, I have no doubts that a digital would work for you with the line being as dark as it is. To be honest, that is a very good, healthy second line for being 9dpo. Are you hoping to be pregnant?
That wasn't her test. it was a stock image off of the net and she was comparing it to her test. She also said hers were blue dye and she isn't 9dpo

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

Closed Thread