TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Unique:)
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Ty'Deirdre

Question Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 15th 2011, 11:43 PM

Well...i've told the story of how i had sex in feb..on the 19th and how my period has been out of wack since the 22nd of that month and I've also said how my prego tests were negative..even the ones at the doc.

But.. alot has changed..including my size!! everyone is asking me when i'm due..and i wanna know why belly is so hard and why i've been feeling bubbles popping in the bottom of my stomach...hmmm does this look like a baby bump to anyone else besides me?

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 12:01 AM

If it's been six months since you've had sex and your pregnancy test results have come up negative, this may be more of a health condition that your doctor will be able to help you with. It could be a hormonal problem since you mention that your periods have been irregular. If you were pregnant, you wouldn't be having periods and the results would come up positive by now. Sorry we can't do much else for you but this sounds like an issue you should be bringing up with your doctor.

"Years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices."

Last edited by Angel; August 16th 2011 at 01:32 AM.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 12:07 AM

well really, its been months since i went to the dr...and its not really a period at all..spotting to me isnt a period..especially when it isn't the right color. and plus..thats the only part of me thats growing...and no lie..i've felt something move in me..and idk what it is...i thought it was a tumor at first..but well...you can't really feel tumors with yer hand..can you?? idk..all i know is i can feel something bumping around in me..and im not sure what it is...i just wanna know what this looks like...

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Maloo Offline
Maloooooo
I can't get enough

Name: Lissa

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 12:23 AM

You should go to the doctor. It seems that things definitely aren't normal, and your doctor will be able to help you way more than anyone here can.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 12:27 AM

You might want to go back to your doctor again or take another pregnancy test. If that was a tumour, it would be extremely large for one. Depending on where the tumour is and the size of it, you may or may not be able to feel it. There is also the possibility of a false pregnancy. It may explain your symptoms and lack of a positive test. You should retest and go on from there.

Last edited by Angel; August 16th 2011 at 01:31 AM.

(#6 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 12:38 AM

well..the thing is...with the false pregnancy..to me that can't be possible..well with me anyway..because i'm actually pretty scared!! I thought that maybe I was having a false pregnancy with false symptoms at all..but well..i can't sleep on my stomach, can't hold anything against it..can't do anything on it technically, because its very uncomfortable!

For a while I even denied the fact that I could be..and I even said a couple of times that I couldn't be and that I didn't want to be. But my period took it's same course and didn't change even when I was sayint to myself I don't want to and its not true and the dr was right. what made it crazier was that i could tell the pregnant girls where they were hurting!! it freaked me out more when I pressed my palm into the bottom of my stomach on the left side and I felt something knocking against it.

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 12:50 AM

I know this is a very scary time for you, and it might not be something you want to deal with, but you're going to have too. If you're pregnant, you went months without taking any sort of prenatal vitamins, which are vital to a pregnancy to help the baby grow and develop correctly. As well as, your health could be in danger too.

Go to a doctor and determine the problem. If you aren't pregnant, this could be a medical issue that needs to be taken care of.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#8 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 01:06 AM

woww....now im really scared

(#9 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 01:23 AM

Just make another doctor appointment. That is the only way you will know what's going on.

Some people gain weight and it looks like a "baby bump" but truth be told, there really is no definitive look to being pregnant. Some women get huge others don't even show until a week before the baby is born.

Even though you are scared, it could still be a false pregnancy. It happens, even when a woman doesn't realize she has been thinking about wanting to be pregnant, sometimes they get symptoms, grow and then realize they were subconsciously wanting a baby and had a false pregnancy.

Not sure if this is the case. I've recently had a "baby bump" look to my stomach, despite me KNOWING I miscarried a month ago at about 4 weeks...

Turns out I'm allergic to milk now Which I eat lots of dairy and didn't know and that I've been bloated for the past few weeks - not pregnant.

It could be many things. A tumor (not very likely, but it happens), pregnancy, bloating, false pregnancy, and many other things can cause a large stomach.

Also, prenatal vitamins are RECOMMENDED but just because you don't take them does not mean your baby will come out harmed or not healthy. It's just a reassurance to take them. Many religions do not agree with them though.

Best of luck

(#10 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 03:40 AM

thanks..that calmed down a bit..but the thing with this false pregnancy is really getting to me. i would've thought of that if it weren't for other things going on with my body which happened when i knew for sure that i DIDN'T want this. but see, i even did research on it, and even thought i tried talking myself into maybing having one, it just won't sit right with me. My thing is, a lot of PMS symptoms still happen to me even when i'm not on my spotting, and the pressure is just too hard to call false. I hate when my stomach hurts and feels like it's stretching..and i hate the fact that my mom thinks this is nothing so she's ignoring it..-sigh- this is kinda a lot for me to take in.

(#11 (permalink)) Old
Sweet Slumber
I can't get enough

Name: Kelly

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 11:20 AM

Are you able to go to the doctor's again? You may just have low hormone levels which won't show up on a pregnancy test, but a blood test can confirm a pregnancy.

Again, there are several other reasons such as bloating which can be a very uncomfortable feeling. Sometimes it won't go away for days, but if you don't know you're allergic to something and it causes you to bloat...it could be something you eat daily. This can cause your stomach to feel hard due to the gas building up.

Also, I used to not get my period but I still got PMS symptoms. My body wasn't sure when to release these chemicals since it wasn't technically menstruating and I would have PMS symptoms every day This went on for a year before I got on birth control.

I doubt it's a false pregnancy, but it can happen. I'm thinking either you are pregnant (and there is A LOT of assistance you can get, especially from Planned Parenthood), or it's bloating of some sort. I wouldn't think a tumor would make your stomach so even - but I'm not a doctor.

I hope things get worked out. Just relax. Try recording what you eat and when and any symptoms you have and the time as well. Even if you have a symtpom that doesn't go away, write it all down somewhere with times.

1:00pm Glass of milk Bloated (Hasnt gone away), Cough (starteted a few minutes later)
1:25pm Cough (stopped)

ETc. Or however layout you wish to do, but that was an example. Do this until you can see a doctor or go to Planned Parenthood.

Kelly

(#12 (permalink)) Old
LittleMiss Offline
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Christine

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 01:15 PM

I get a lot of extreme bloating that can look like a baby bump due to intestinal problems.

Get it checked out Then you'll know.

Happy to talk about anything and everything.
Send me a message any time, my proverbial door is open

Laughter is the best medicine
Q: What's the difference between a surgeon and God?
A: God doesn't think he's a surgeon.

(#13 (permalink)) Old
punk rocker with attitude
Senior TeenHelper

Name: Jennifer

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
You might want to go back to eyour doctor again or take another pregnancy test. If that was a tumour, it would be extremely large for one. Depending on where the tumour is and the size of it, you may or may not be able to feel it. There is also the possibility of a false pregnancy. It may explain your symptoms and lack of a positive test. You should retest and go on from there.
Yes that's true. But I've learned if she's as far along as she thinks she is, a pregnancy test would come up negative, the only person who can tell now would be a doctor. I've read enough about ive, the honest looking at the belly I suffer from ovarian cysts that end up growing my belly and causing me to miss periods (well that has only happened once but with cysts one's hormones can mess up to the point that all they do is spot or not have a period at all).

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind and if you have a positive outcome you have a positive income and just to have more positivity and just to kind of laugh it off. ~ Miley Cyrus

Send a message via MSN to Pessimistic Panda Send a message via Yahoo to Pessimistic Panda  
  (#14 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 09:57 PM

IMHO, I would say it is most likely a hysterical pregnancy because you have posted about this twice now that I can remember and it sounds like you do want to be pregnant or you have convinced yourself that you are. The best advice I can give you is to go to the doctor and demand an ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts, they will see if there is a baby in there that would have been conceived in Feb. It would be very obvious at this point. There is no arguing with an ultrasound and no denying the results in this case-There isn't much missing a 6 or 7 month gestation fetus in there.

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

(#15 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 16th 2011, 11:54 PM

I'm with Amber on this one. Demand an ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts and/or a fetus. Good luck.

(#16 (permalink)) Old
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 17th 2011, 01:09 AM

I know i posted about it twice..but that wasn't due to a WANTING TO BE anything..that was out of curiousity and desperation. No one would listen..my body was changing in ways that even I knew wasnt right, and well, i had no one to turn to.

(#17 (permalink)) Old
Stargazed. Offline
Outside, huh?

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 17th 2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty-deedra-tydeirdre:) View Post
I know i posted about it twice..but that wasn't due to a WANTING TO BE anything..that was out of curiousity and desperation. No one would listen..my body was changing in ways that even I knew wasnt right, and well, i had no one to turn to.
I don't think she meant anything bad about you posting about the same subject twice.

It's been a while since you had sex and since you posted the last time and if you're really worried you need to seek medical attention and we unfortunately can't give you that here.

Please see a doctor. They can give you more answers. Good luck<3

(#18 (permalink)) Old
I've been here a while

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 17th 2011, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guillotine_blades View Post
IMHO, I would say it is most likely a hysterical pregnancy because you have posted about this twice now that I can remember and it sounds like you do want to be pregnant or you have convinced yourself that you are. The best advice I can give you is to go to the doctor and demand an ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts, they will see if there is a baby in there that would have been conceived in Feb. It would be very obvious at this point. There is no arguing with an ultrasound and no denying the results in this case-There isn't much missing a 6 or 7 month gestation fetus in there.
I pretty much agree with this.

Regardless of whether it's a hysterical pregnancy or a real one, or something else entirely, you need to see a doctor. If you ARE pregnant, then you need to make sure the baby is okay and start giving it the proper care and such. If it's a hysterical pregnancy, you would need to deal with that as well. And if it's something else making your stomach so large, then I'm assuming it should probably be dealt with as well.

"'Colie, you should never be surprised when people treat you with respect. You should expect it.'
I shook my head. 'You don't know--' I began. But, as usual, she didn't let me finish.
'Yes,' she said simply, 'I do know. I've watched you, Colie. You walk around like a dog waiting to be kicked. And when someone does, you pout and cry like you didn't deserve it.'
'No one deserves to be kicked,' I said.
'I disagree,' she said flatly. 'You do if you don't think you're worth any better...'"

(#19 (permalink)) Old
Angel Offline
The final horcrux
I've been here a while

Re: Does this look like a baby bump to anyone besides me?? - August 17th 2011, 06:13 AM

There isn't much else we can do for you besides advise you to speak to your doctor about this. Since this is the case, I'm going to close this thread. You're free to make a new thread updating us or if you have any further concerns that have not been addressed yet. PM me if you have any questions.

Take care,

Sylvie

Closed Thread