TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Pregnancy and Childcare If you're pregnant, a young parent, or have questions related to either, ask them here!

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Misslostintears Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Daisy

Question curious about babies - September 21st 2011, 02:29 AM

I don't know why but I've been wanting a baby for a while now. I know I'm too young for one but I can't help but want one of my own. Its a thing I get when I see a baby or hod my neice who just turned 1 year and 5 months ( not by bood) its like I wish I could have my own but I know I can't yet.

I'm allso curious on what parents have to deal with for a baby. I barely remember what my mom had to go through for my sisters but when I remember something it just sparks my curiousity more. I know its hard but I'm just curious about it

IN MY FIELD OF PAPER FLOWERS AND CANDY CLOUDS OF LULLIBIES, I LIE INSIDE MY SELF FOR HOURS, AND WATCH MY PURPLE SKY FLY OVER ME - IMAGINARY BY EVANESCENCE

to love someone is such a beautiful thing,
Keep it in your heart forever
And show it when you need to

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Intoxication Offline
Forever and Always

TeenHelp Veteran

Name: Nicole

Re: curious about babies - September 21st 2011, 02:35 AM

Babies are a lot of work, especially newborns. They require a lot of attention, plus a lot of money to pay for food, clothes, supplies, etc. At 14, you are definitely not ready to take care of another human being. I know babies are cute, but they requite a lot of responsibility. It's like when a kid wants a puppy, but doesn't realize just how much work they have to put into taking care of it. Don't let their cuteness influence you

~~~
HelpLINK Mentor & Project Advisor

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: curious about babies - September 21st 2011, 02:43 AM

Hi Daisy,

It's a completely normal and natural thing to want to have a baby. It's an instinct. Just don't do it solely based on the fact that you want a baby. That's not a good environment to bring a child into this world, solely because you want one.

Parents go through a lot. I'm not a parent, but my sister is currently pregnant with her first child and I have a almost 3-year old goddaughter I helped raise for a while. During the pregnancy itself: you face going through morning sickness, which doesn't limit itself to just the morning. Cravings, sleepless nights, countless doctors appointments, a lowered immune system making you get sick easier than what is considered normal.

Having the actual baby is more difficult then the pregnancy itself. Sleepless nights, late night feedings, MORE doctors appointments, and countless other things. It's not easy. Even people who are in their late 20s and 30s can't handle having a baby.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
Junior TeenHelper

Re: curious about babies - September 21st 2011, 03:53 AM

I play Sims a lot and babies are annoying! They're always crying or hungry or need to be played with. You can't have a life on that game after a baby. That is on a video game so imagine in real life. Usually I adopt a kid or find a pretty, smart kid to steal from another family. Well the point is babies are annoying .

(#5 (permalink)) Old
snoogums Offline
Junior TeenHelper

Name: Blue

Re: curious about babies - September 21st 2011, 03:24 PM

It is good that you are only curios and not actually considering it. Because I am 13 and I have a one week old baby and I can tell you that you DEFINITELY do NOT want a baby at your age. If you were to get pregnant right now your options would most likely be:
1. abortion

2. adoption

3. if you want to keep it and still go to school someone else would have to take care of your kid for you most of the time. Is there someone you know who would do that? If I did this I wouldn't feel like it was my kid anymore witch would be sad (in my opinion).

4. you could drop out of school and TRY to find a full time job to support your baby.

To me none of these are really great options especially the last one because you need at least your high school diploma to get a decent job.

I am living alone with my baby in an apartment down the road from my guardians (they didn't have enough room for me at their place) with a police officer calling me every night at my curfew To make sure I am home safe. I am doing my grade 9 high school courses a home and handing in my lessons once a week. It is really hard to do school this way when there are no teachers to help you I am hoping I pass at least one of the courses I am taking. With taking care of my newborn baby and cleaning up and cooking I hardly even have time to do my school work and I also have hardly any time for a social life. I have lost a lot of my friends. I am always tired an exhausted and it is just never ending. Sometimes i get to the point where I just cry and think "why me"? and I just want to give up. I never do though I try my best for my baby and I do love him but he is so much hard work and I just wish I was older and that my baby had a daddy who loved him. I worked the whole time I was pregnant to save money for this baby. For now I am on maternity leave from my job at a grocery store and when my baby is only 6 months old I will have to go back to working. Sometimes I wonder if I made the right choice for my baby by keeping him when I am soo young. will I be able to keep all this up? But then The choice was made and now I have to live with it and I wont complain I will do my best. That's all I can do and hope it works out.
So that's my experience for ya lol.
Also pregnancy is a bitch. all i got to say about that!

(#6 (permalink)) Old
One of those old people ;)
Experienced TeenHelper

Name: Amber

Re: curious about babies - September 21st 2011, 04:41 PM

You never get a full nights sleep. Even when baby starts sleeping through the night, as long as baby is in the house a mother never sleeps as soundly as before she had kids. You will be pee'd on, pooped on, vomitted on, snotted on, bled on and any other bodily fluid you can think of. You lose friends, you possibly lose your partner. You are always broke because babies cost more than even YOU do. Your body changes immensely. You will not have the same social life as before (if you end up with ANY social life). You give and you give and you love for this little being who will only show you love back after a few yrs then only for a few yrs....then THEY become the teenagers who are all angsty and hate their parents. lol

"omg i might be pregnant!?!?!"

"ok..calm down..pee on your keyboard...nope its negative"

Closed Thread