TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts Chat Room

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Red face Awkward. - June 10th 2013, 07:32 PM

If any of you guys remember how I posted on here that I thought I liked my best friend about a two weeks ago, this is the same guy.

After putting much thought into the situation, I decided I'd do what was best: I'd give it a few days, and if I still felt the same way about him, that would be great. It was a very good thing that I did, because over the course of those few days, I again saw someone I've secretly admired since I was seven. He's bit younger than me, and my late uncle's step-son no less!

Anyway, I saw this guy, and I realized that what I felt for my best friend was nothing in comparison to what I felt for him. It's like comparing rainy weather to sunshine: They're two completely different things, and while there are qualities I appreciate in each... The second is definitely the romantic appreciation. I caught him watching me and we might have even flirted around a bit (not clear on that yet, but I can handle it), so I decided that it was at least worth pursuing.

Trouble is, my male best friend did hear me say: "Oh, wow," when I saw him, and believes the compliments I gave him on his weight loss success (totally not in a you-look-hot way, mind you) mean that I secretly have started to like him. As I head up a weight loss group for my friends and I (a whole flock of them; eleven, I think), we were all chatting in the comments of one of my posts. He made a reference to my supposed "infatuation," to which I responded that I'd kill him if he didn't hush (in a joking manner, of course).

When I asked him to explain a word he'd used to me, he told me exactly this: "Google it, my dear."

At this point, I was beginning to feel awkward. So I asked him if he was hitting on me, to which he replied no. Then his internet went out, and he went offline. So he gets the bright idea to call a mutual friend (an acquaintance I met through him, actually), and instruct said friend to message me good night and sweet dreams, and explain the situation with the internet outage. She included a smiley like this: (Or one basically like it.)

Then, thank the Gods, a raccoon went up our power pole outside,
quite literally was electrocuted, and thrown back by the force of the electric current to land in our driveway. It knocked our power out, and I went to sleep, thinking it was fine. She could draw her conclusions, even if they were wrong.

I was fine. He always tells me good night and sweet dreams, and I always tell him the same. Then my calculator went dead while I was trying to solve an equation this morning, so I got on my mom's computer. She asked me: "Did you see what Daniel switched his Facebook picture to?" To which I replied: "No, but I can guess."

Then she told me again how sweet and cute she thought he was, and said she thought he still liked me.

IT'S DAMNED AWKWARD.

I've been avoiding Facebook like the plague. He's already told me that he's not hitting on me, but I'm pretty damned sure that he is, and it's pretty damned annoying, especially seeing as I stopped being friends with him several months ago after he asked me out the first time and wouldn't quit hitting on me. Had I not seen Blake again (him being the one I actually admire), I would've probably given him a chance, but I now realize that it had been so long that I'd liked someone, I was beginning to confuse our close friendship for romantic feelings (which they are not).

What the hell do I do?

Help!?

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: Awkward. - June 10th 2013, 07:51 PM

I think you should be honest and flat out tell him how you feel

ain't gonna be fun but having everything out there and said makes things not awkward.

PM/VM me if you need to

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
SouthernBelle. Offline
InsaneAnnie
I've been here a while

Name: Anna

Re: Awkward. - June 10th 2013, 08:07 PM

Yeah, that's what I thought also. I just don't want to make him think I hate him or something. He's a terribly sensitive person, and it makes the subject of him not being attractive to me very difficult to speak about without hurting his feelings badly.

(Oh, and by the way, sorry I stopped talking on that last thread; kinda got caught up with all this stuff, and forgot about it. )

Anna's Personal Keys to Happiness
1. Do what you want within the bounds of reason, whenever you want to, and regret nothing. 2. If you have an opinion, don't beat around the bush, or there isn't a point in saying it. 3. Don't keep the company of anyone who won't like you and will try to change you.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Digit. Offline
Perfect INTP stereotype
Regular TeenHelper

Name: Jason

Re: Awkward. - June 10th 2013, 08:25 PM

Just keep explaining that it's not that he isn't awesome you just don't feel like that about him.

(it's okay you can PM me if you don't feel like using the thread)

Every heartbreak we go through makes us the perfect person for our soulmates. Shaping us into what they've always been looking for.

Need to talk, PM me.

To people(like me) who think asking for help annoys people I say:
It would bother me if you DIDN'T ask for help.

Closed Thread