TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
brina5810 Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: Call me Brina

ex telling lies, and believes they are true - May 12th 2015, 11:00 PM

me and a guy dated for almost five years, we have been over for a month now. i just want to be left alone and move on. i dont know why he has to keep causing me pain. lieing to everyone about the whole situation. saying im not telling him what i want when i am perfectly clear on what i want. i dont play the games. if he wants in my life then fine. if not then go away forever. i'm forgetting now so i can finally say goodbye to all the pain, and suffering i went through.

HOW DO I GET HIM TO LEAVE ME ALONE AND TO STOP BEING THE WAY HE IS? because it hurts what he is telling people, it's all lies.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
RollTheBones Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: ex telling lies, and believes they are true - May 13th 2015, 02:31 AM

Hi Brina,

From what you've said, this may be hard to handle, but I think the best way to "get rid of" this unwanted relationship is to just flat-out tell him. You can't ever really change who somebody is, so you either have to figure out a way to deal with him and work out your differences, or realize it's not working and cut ties. His feelings may be hurt and there may be some arguments along the way, but in the end you have to do what is right for you. Don't stay in a rotten relationship just because it's there and it might be hard to get out. In the end, the best way for you to take care of yourself is to be upfront with him and tell it like it is, then just go your own way. If he won't listen to you or refuses to respect your decision, then that's another sign the relationship has gone sour.

I hope this helps and please know that you can PM me at any time if you want to chat

Best of luck to you.

"In a world where I feel so small, I can't stop thinking big"

Closed Thread