TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Michaela

Complicated :( - November 29th 2018, 09:14 AM

There is a guy I talk to, he likes me and I like him, but there is one slight problem. He is married and has a child. I'm hurting because I can't be with him and its hard seeing him around when we can only be friends but I don't want him to hurt his family just to make me happy. He is lovely, he really is, he calls me gorgeous, says I don't need to wear makeup, that I look fine the way I am. I just don't want anyone getting hurt. So for now we can only be friends which is hard but its something I'm going to have to cope with.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Brandon Offline
I can't get enough

Name: Brandon

Re: Complicated :( - November 30th 2018, 04:33 AM

Don't mess with married men and you won't have complications. If you're finding it difficult to be friends with the guy, then friendship is something you can't handle and you gotta go pursue someone else. There's plenty of guys out there who aren't married and compatible with you. It's not the end of the world.

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Complicated :( - November 30th 2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Don't mess with married men and you won't have complications. If you're finding it difficult to be friends with the guy, then friendship is something you can't handle and you gotta go pursue someone else. There's plenty of guys out there who aren't married and compatible with you. It's not the end of the world.
Its difficult for me as I have fallen in love with him. I can cope with a friendship, it just gets hard sometimes. Thanks for the advice.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Average Joe

Name: No Name

Re: Complicated :( - December 1st 2018, 07:47 PM

I am only 15 years old, but I agree that getting involved with a married man will cause a lot problems.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Noire Offline
When is the future?
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Jordan

Re: Complicated :( - December 3rd 2018, 06:52 AM

It's already been said you shouldn't get involved with a married man. You seem to know this anyway, which is good. The thing is, you don't seem to be the one at fault here. Based on what you're saying, this man is flirting with YOU. I realize you might flirt back, but he's the married one. He should know better. It's not fair to his wife and child and it's not fair to you. I would suggest setting boundaries with him. I know that's hard, especially because it's so lovely to hear things like you're gorgeous, pretty, etc., but really, he's only encouraging you in something that can never happen, and, even if the opportunity presented itself would still be wrong.

If you're going to be friends, be friends. Nothing more. No more comments on appearances, no more other forms of flirting, etc. Frankly I think it would be a good idea to remove yourself from him completely for a little while just to reset things, but I get that that's hard. Just remember: the longer you let this sort-of romance go on, the more it's going to hurt when it reaches its inevitable conclusion.

Best of luck. PM me if you need anything.

Love joins
Love unites
Love breaks us apart
The power to conquer here in our hearts
Enduring and sacred
Eternal as time
For love, love alone will conquer all

"A Million," by VNV Nation
  Send a message via Yahoo to Noire  
  (#6 (permalink)) Old
LOptyre Offline
Welcome me, I'm new!

Re: Complicated :( - December 7th 2018, 04:33 AM

May be I'm gonna be rough but it would be better not to break a family which already exists for the sake of the child in the first place, maybe there is a way of putting up with this...sorry

(#7 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Not a n00b

Re: Complicated :( - December 7th 2018, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOptyre View Post
May be I'm gonna be rough but it would be better not to break a family which already exists for the sake of the child in the first place, maybe there is a way of putting up with this...sorry
I told him we can only be friends because I don't want his family to get hurt.