TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr     Instagram    Hotlines    Safety Zone    Alternatives

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

• Connect with thousands of teenagers worldwide by actively taking part in our Support Forums and Chat Room.
  • Find others with similar interests in our Social Groups.
  • Express yourself through our Blogs, Picture Albums and User Profiles.
  • And much much more!

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
Staypositive Offline
Not a n00b

Name: Brianna

I finally left - August 4th 2019, 11:04 PM

I posted back in November about a really dangerous relationship I was in... I was finally able to get out. It took a lot of planning, a lot of making sure I'd be able to take care of my health needs. But in the end, I was able to leave.... one of his friends that came over had left their phone and planned to come back the next morning to get it (again we lived in a pretty rural area, I believe our nearest gas station was a 30 min drive). Overnight while my ex was asleep I was able to gain access to the phone and leave with police involvement.

And while I'm glad to be out, I feel a lot safer at the shelter I'm in... I can't help but miss him. And it weighs on me a lot. I feel guilty for calling the police, for pressing charges. The cops considered it to be unlawful imprisonment because I essentially had no way to escape. IDK. I just wish that it could have happened in a more peaceful way.

"I've decided to stick with love. Hate is too great aburden to bear." Martin Luther king Jr.

(#2 (permalink)) Old
Celyn Offline
~One Skittles Minion~

Jeez, get a life!

Name: Holly

Re: I finally left - August 5th 2019, 11:31 AM

I'm so glad to hear that you are out of the dangerous relationship and that you are in a safer place now

You were very courageous to get away and get the police involved. Though it makes sense you would still miss him and feel guilty about the police. Many people in abusive relationships feel emotionally attached or dependent on the abusive partner and when leaving, may feel guilty, more so when you have the police involved. However, your ex is the one that should feel guilty for the way that he treated you and he only has himself to blame.

It seems like you are going through a lot, emotionally. Do you have anyone you can talk to? Have you been offered counselling or other emotional support? It seems like you could do with someone to talk to about how you feel in a trusted and safe way.

Take care. Better days are ahead

HelpLINK and Live Help Officer
Feel free to PM me! Even if I canít help, Iím always going to listen <3
SKITTLIFY!

(#3 (permalink)) Old
Disclosure. Offline
Laughter. Faith. Hope.

Jeez, get a life!

Re: I finally left - August 6th 2019, 10:17 AM

Hi there,

It sounds like such a relief that you've left. You should not feel guilty for what you have done but really proud of yourself. I can't imagine how hard it would of have been for you but you did a great job.

If there is anything, please feel free to message me.

(#4 (permalink)) Old
Effy2018 Offline
Average Joe

Name: Michaela

Re: I finally left - August 11th 2019, 09:54 AM

Hi,

You should be very proud of yourself for managing to get out of a dangerous relationship.

It is a huge relief knowing that you are safe.

If you need to talk you can PM me any time.

(#5 (permalink)) Old
Recommencer Offline
Articles Writer
Average Joe

Name: Kylie

Re: I finally left - August 12th 2019, 05:43 PM

Hey, Brianna,

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to get yourself out of that situation. It's completely understandable that you would have mixed feelings about the whole thing, but I hope you know that it was extremely brave of you to call the police like that. You have so much courage and I'm so relieved to hear that you're in a safe place now.

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kylie

Closed Thread