TeenHelp
Support Forums Today's Posts

Get Advice Connect with TeenHelp Resources
HelpLINK Facebook     Twitter     Tumblr Hotlines

You are not registered or have not logged in

Hello guest! (Not a guest? Log in above!)

As a guest on TeenHelp you are only able to use some of our site's features. By registering an account you will be able to enjoy unlimited access to our site, and will be able to:

Signing up is free, anonymous and will only take a few moments, so click here to register now!

Relationships and Dating Ask here for advice on dates, break-ups and other relationship concerns.

Closed Thread

(#1 (permalink)) Old
unforgettable00 Offline
No longer an active account.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ~~

My boyfriends bestfriend.... - July 12th 2011, 08:52 PM

It feels like my boyfriends bestfriend is more important to him. I suppose im even more jealous since his bestfriend and i have history (before my bf and i dated) .
Makes me feel as if the bestfriend is his girlfriend , and im just a friend. :C sigh.
Is this normal?

~No Longer an active account~

(#2 (permalink)) Old
CherriesBlossom Offline
I've been here a while

Name: Katie

Re: My boyfriends bestfriend.... - July 12th 2011, 09:09 PM

I'm sorry you feel that way.
When my boyfriend and his best friend get together he does that same thing. I feel pushed a side but I guess sometimes that's how it goes. It's hard to balance your girlfriend and best friend. That sounds bad, but I believe it is hard to do. He probably doesn't want you to feel left out but also doesn't want his best friend to think that now that your in the picture that they will hang out less.

Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.

Send a message via AIM to CherriesBlossom  
  (#3 (permalink)) Old
Harmony♥ Offline
Proud Military Girlfriend
Jeez, get a life!

Name: Shannon

Re: My boyfriends bestfriend.... - July 12th 2011, 10:59 PM

No matter how much you try, you sometimes can't come between your boyfriend and his friends. Friends mean everything to some people. We shouldn't give them up just because we have relationships with people. However, there needs to be time for boyfriends/girlfriends to spend time with each other as well. When they're together, let them do their thing. They've most likely been friends for years, and in the end, he will most likely chose his friend over you but we don't want it to get to that point to begin with. Just let them have their time. You have yours too. Over reacting isn't going to do you any good.

I may wear the glass slippers; But my hero wears combat boots <3 I love you, Lieutenant

HelpLink Mentor 6/13/2011
Pregnancy & Childcare Moderator 11/26/2011
Fashion & Style Moderator 12/28/2011
Social Groups Moderator 12/28/2011
  Send a message via AIM to Harmony♥  
1 user(s) liked this post or found it helpful.
  (#4 (permalink)) Old
unforgettable00 Offline
No longer an active account.
Welcome me, I'm new!

Name: ~~

Re: My boyfriends bestfriend.... - July 13th 2011, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonPants View Post
No matter how much you try, you sometimes can't come between your boyfriend and his friends. Friends mean everything to some people. We shouldn't give them up just because we have relationships with people. However, there needs to be time for boyfriends/girlfriends to spend time with each other as well. When they're together, let them do their thing. They've most likely been friends for years, and in the end, he will most likely chose his friend over you but we don't want it to get to that point to begin with. Just let them have their time. You have yours too. Over reacting isn't going to do you any good.
They spent the whole week together while i was working and stuff,
So yesterday, it hurt when he called his bestfriend while i was at his house and completely ignored me for the next half hour. He made plans with him and then said 'you have an hour til he comes over'.

When they are spending time alone, i leave them be and go do other things like chores or writing. What i would expect is having him all to myself for just an hour out of the day im with him (because we rarely see eachother) without him talking or watever with his bestfriend. Is that too much to ask?

~No Longer an active account~

Closed Thread